• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Colasante

Fun game, Az! I don't think it even counted but it was nice to get some practice reps at a comeback attempt like that. One of your WRs, I think 85 or 87, was beasting earlier. It felt like I knew it was going to him every play and he still came down with it.

First game with tight end Dwayne Bowe was a success. 6 for 78 yards with 1 TD.

Leave it to the Pats and Cola to use an exploit to win a preseason game.

Haha, gg buddy.

Which exploit?

Fun game, Az! I don't think it even counted but it was nice to get some practice reps at a comeback attempt like that. One of your WRs, I think 85 or 87, was beasting earlier. It felt like I knew it was going to him every play and he still came down with it.

First game with tight end Dwayne Bowe was a success. 6 for 78 yards with 1 TD.

Which exploit?

The squib kick when I'm in an onside formation. I don't know why else you would've squibbed it.

Edit: Eznark, when do you want to play, friend?

DJ Bowser

GG Soka.

4th and 1 in the second half... I QB sneak it rather than the trusty FB dive... and Andrew Luck goes down with a shoulder tear. He's out for 5 weeks now. This blows. 'tis a bittersweet win.

On the bright side, my rookie TE got 144 yards, but fuck.

I hope I have a bye week one of those 5.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

SickBoy

Gg Drizz. My second-year RB seems like he could be a keeper. That long run really was the difference.

As for Alex Smith... hmmm. Quite a downgrade from high-90s Brees to 79 Smith.

On the plus side, my rookie WR may have had a terrible third down drop, but two pancakes!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Nice my first round pick has superstar development. I shifted him from RE to DT and he seems to be a great fit there. Peterson didn't get much past the DL.

Smokey

GG, Smokey

pretty pumped my first pick at center was 80 with superstar development

gg

tried testing doolittle too much on some of the throws. of course you were aided by the ability to play the ball while i had to just watch......

>_>

Greg

gg

tried testing doolittle too much on some of the throws. of course you were aided by the ability to play the ball while i had to just watch......

>_>
I wanted to shut the fucking system off on that first play... same ol' Jags moment

we both had some young QB throws that should've been easy completions

and user-controlled Watt isn't even fair

LJ11

LJ i can play tomorrow if you are around but i wont be home until after 6 pm pst. otherwise just name a date/time!

You want to play now?

I'll be around tomorrow. Stupid question, but why cant I find the FA list, want to sign some backups.

Edit: Which C did you get Greg? I need more salt in the wound.

Greg

You want to play now?

I'll be around tomorrow. Stupid question, but why cant I find the FA list, want to sign some backups.

Edit: Which C did you get Greg? I need more salt in the wound.
Houston Mason - took him with my 7th pick, was graded somewhere in the 2nd

wasn't going to wait around like last season

LJ11

Houston Mason - took him with my 7th pick, was graded somewhere in the 2nd

wasn't going to wait around like last season

Smart move dude.

Found the free agent list, stocked up on scrubs, and I'm ready to hand FMT a beating with the worst WRs in the league.

Trasher

Hey bobby boy. I just got back in to LA. I work a more normal west coast schedule now too as of tomorrow. Let's try to play one of these next nights after 7pst?

LJ, all you had to do was run it on that last third down. FMT ain't scoring in 20 seconds.

Also, that VD catch through LJs defender was more horseshit than picking up a PI flag after a minute for no goddamn reason.

Mrbob

FMT is the luckiest Madden player alive on that final drive but I couldn't believe all the passing LJ was doing when he could have just ran out the clock.

Also, I agree with you Greg about no huddle. Shit is cheesy and anyone who uses it should feel bad.

LJ11

LJ

why

why LJ

hahaha

Fuck this dude and his fraud squad. I honestly made one bad read, the one to Bowman, the rest were there his guys just making plays. I guess the third int I should have put more air under it but Nicks beat press and I was worried the ball would hang, bad throw.

Cover 2 I never call that shit there, but I did and sat on the slant. The 4th down should have been an int for me but I miss timed the user.

Fuck man, did this dude user catch the ball to VD, how the fuck did I not intercept that.

Whatever good game, KJ Goode fucked your shit up.

LJ11

I think the new Rams QB had money on the 9ers. Jameis Winston style.

hahaha

at least you fucks were entertained, i wish i left my mic on for fmt to hear. i was literally dancing as he was going 3 and out on his first few drives.

i knew he would make a run, but man that is an epic choke job and I'm the king. I just wanted to finish the game and give no outs which is why I didn't run it there. Man if I loft it Nicks may get. Game has me so paranoid. Also, that fucking corner route to Austin is usually money, but he's so bad a route runner the DB caught up.

The comeback killed me, I wanted to user with Long but that was a mistake and he got it.

Edit: Can't wait for the rematch!

gg LJ. i definitely didn't deserve to win that game. not sure why you stopped running or didn't run it on 3rd down with a minute left.... there is basically no chance that i would get into fg range with 20 seconds having to go however many yards

and no i didn't user catch on that VD play. i have no idea how that wasn't picked but i also have no idea how VD is running like 10 yards away from your guy wide open and it gets picked earlier in the game. i made some awful reads though. probably should have thrown a couple more picks at least. trying to work on that but i get locked into what i think is right.

felt like i barely had the ball at all in the first half. i couldn't get you off the field. it was frustrating because i feel like i had a decent play called for some of the plays you ran but i couldn't make any plays. like on one of the screens i had a cover 2 zone covering the flats but he doesn't make the play. samething on a throw to your FB. on your TD pass in the corner i was in a good position for the pick but my guy did some weird animation and it sailed over his head.

the fumble inside the 5 i guess was predictable even though hyde has a high carry rating. he was probably too tired.

and i don't like using hurry up either but what can i do with the clock ticking and accel clock on? its not so much getting to the line and snapping the ball, it's more that i dont want the 20 second run off when i'm down multiple scores

LJ11

No way should you have undercut that corner route to Austin for the TD, you were too shallow and I just led it up field. I was shocked your DB even made the animation because he was so shallow.

You also blitzed if I recall on that screen, it was that Cover 2 OLB blitz, but I could be wrong. The flats don't get defended well at times, because they sink for the out/curl/corner.

The VD INT I had Invert cover 2 so Jenkins comes out of nowhere on that, it messes people up, but yeah, it was ridiculous.

No problems with hurry up, you didn't have the ball at all in the first half, so I understand.

Mrbob

LJ what offensive playbook do you use?

Hey bobby boy. I just got back in to LA. I work a more normal west coast schedule now too as of tomorrow. Let's try to play one of these next nights after 7pst?

Ok. Probably not tomorrow night though.

LJ11

LJ what offensive playbook do you use?

For that game I just went with the stock Rams book. I sometimes use the Bills, and I want to work in another book because all of you guys watch but I haven't had the time to sit and scrimmage with some of you.

Top Bottom