• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Mrbob

GG Rinse I forgot how to slide, hit the wrong button and cutty gets pummeled. Out 4 weeks! Let the David Fales era begin.

Mrbob

At least Alshon seems beast mode this year. I threw an awful pass with Fales and Alshon went up at an odd angle to get it.

GQman2121

Banned
I'm scheduled to play the Bengals at the top of the hour, but my internet is dropping in and out. Comcunts say they're on working on fixing the issue for my area, but who knows how long that may take.

What happens if we kick off and then I lose my connection? Does my opponent just continue on against the cpu?

JABEE

So nothing new then.

Why wont mods let people talk about them?
They don't want the site to get sued or show up on some list of places where you could find the pictures? This is a widespread hack and there are still other picks and videos across a bunch of female celebrities that aren't released yet.

Ok I just signed into the league and it looks like I have to choose a mode between Player, Coach, and Owner but Player looks locked. Do I choose Owner? Or are we not doing that? Looks like I have to make a choice here before I can edit my roster.

rinse82

Ok I just signed into the league and it looks like I have to choose a mode between Player, Coach, and Owner but Player looks locked. Do I choose Owner? Or are we not doing that? Looks like I have to make a choice here before I can edit my roster.

Coach. Create new one

Sorry that I'll have a bunch of noob questions, here are the latest:

I'm assuming we have to leave salary cap on? Does skill level here impact playing you guys at all? I figure I should play my first game on rookie and then jump the difficulty up after that. Do you guys leave everything else on default? 7 min quarters, etc.

It just occurred to me that this is probably all rules FMT set for our league and I shouldn't change anything, right? Didn't think about that at first since I didn't expect to be able to change anything

eznark

Banned
God damn playing against Splat's ghost right now, he is fucking deadly with a putter.

For some reason I am finding it way harder to put on PC than on PS4.

Splat

GG GQ.

also

FUCK.

I had that in my grasp and my int-fever has returned :(

Also if you didn't see, you can't manually control the WR before the catch. I only saw it once and you didn't catch it, so no harm no foul :).

brentech

i think i had a panic play where I switched to the receiver. It didn't help me.

rage.gif

Ramirez

All Madden is meh this year. These games are awful and boring.

No Fun League

What are you talking about? They're fine.

While we're on the topic of rules, I'm watching the replay of me & Brent, and it never played a factor, but it has always been my understanding that you can't rush the passer with an OLB manually.

GQman2121

Banned
GG GQ.

also

FUCK.

I had that in my grasp and my int-fever has returned :(

Also if you didn't see, you can't manually control the WR before the catch. I only saw it once and you didn't catch it, so no harm no foul :).

Good Game.

We both were pick happy there in the zone coverage.

I wasn't aware we couldn't control the WRs. That makes the 9 route pretty much impossible to pull off for everyone but Megatron and Julio Jones. :\

We each had User Picks, so I'm assuming controlling defenders is fine....?

While we're on the topic of rules, I'm watching the replay of me & Brent, and it never played a factor, but it has always been my understanding that you can't rush the passer with an OLB manually.

Really? Has the game been that fucking broken that you can literally only play a few ways?

I play a 4-3 despite the Ravens having the personnel for a 3-4. I hope there's no issue with me having Suggs at LE, Ngata at NT and controlling someone on the line to get to the ball carrier.

Ramirez

Good Game.

We both were pick happy there in the zone coverage.

I wasn't aware we couldn't control the WRs. That makes the 9 route pretty much impossible to pull off for everyone but Megatron and Julio Jones. :\

We each had User Picks, so I'm assuming controlling defenders is fine....?

Yes, controlling defenders is fine, so much easier to fuck that up and practically impossible to abuse with no ballhawk.

Somnia

That's how it use to be for sure.

brentech

If that's the case, I definitely missed that memo last year.

Ramirez

It's extremely easy to manipulate the AI from the outside rushing positions when your player is standing up GQ. Like I said, he never actually sacked me, but I know there are people here who could turn the game into a shit show if it were legal. ;P

Your best bet on D is to play MLB/Safety/DT/DL.

You can rush the passer if it's an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. there's nothing wrong with that. I think it's only when you send a guy who normally doesn't rush the quarterback, that's all

GQman2121

Banned
It's extremely easy to manipulate the AI from the outside rushing positions when your player is standing up GQ. Like I said, he never actually sacked me, but I know there are people here who could turn the game into a shit show if it were legal. ;P

Your best bet on D is to play MLB/Safety/DT/DL.

People are the worst....

Ramirez

You can rush the passer if it's an OLB in a 3-4 scheme. there's nothing wrong with that. I think it's only when you send a guy who normally doesn't rush the quarterback, that's all

whossorrynow015 8:39 pm
if they are on the line of scrimmage as DE
its ok
which would only really be nickle/dime scenarios
if you are in a standard 3-4/4-3 then no

I linked him a couple scenarios from the game to get his final word, he's gonna let me know after he's done with MLB. I'd like clarification myself, as I've always been under the assumption I couldn't do it.

GQman2121

Banned
How do they determine who's on Special Teams? I start Mosley at LB and would prefer if he wasn't out there on Kick Offs. But I noticed his stamina was lower in the huddle because he was out there in coverage which sucks. He was the only starter I noticed this happening to.

So I talked with French and he is confirming this rule

NO MANUAL BLITZING WITH A LINEBACKER, SAFETY, DEFENSIVE BACK. YOU CAN CONTROL DEFENSIVE ENDS AND TACKLES ALL YOU WANT

YES APPARENTLY THIS INCLUDES OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS RUSHING IN STANDARD 3-4 FORMATION (James Harrison, DeMarcus Ware, etc.) BASICALLY IF THE GUY IS STANDING UP, NO MANUAL BLITZING

IF THE OLB IS IN A STANCE ON THE GROUND IT IS OK

LJ11

How do they determine who's on Special Teams? I start Mosley at LB and would prefer if he wasn't out there on Kick Offs. But I noticed his stamina was lower in the huddle because he was out there in coverage which sucks. He was the only starter I noticed this happening to.

Depends on where he is on the depth Chart, think the second MLB is in on ST. I used to know who went were but I can't remember.

DCX, I'll be free most of the day tomorrow, just let me know what's good bud! You guys still using aim to set up games right?

brentech

How did no one mention this through 3 seasons I played last year?

Are the returning vets of this league that big of douchers that they have to nano blitz? Feel like I never came across a single problem last year out side of the over use of screen plays.

So we have to basically give away a players role or just never play them?

Top Bottom