• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Ramirez

How did no one mention this through 3 seasons I played last year?

Are the returning vets of this league that big of douchers that they have to nano blitz? Feel like I never came across a single problem last year out side of the over use of screen plays.

So we have to basically give away a players role or just never play them?

Just play some coverage brah

Smokey

How did no one mention this through 3 seasons I played last year?

Are the returning vets of this league that big of douchers that they have to nano blitz? Feel like I never came across a single problem last year out side of the over use of screen plays.

So we have to basically give away a players role or just never play them?

don't even try to fight it just roll with it

GQman2121

Banned
Holy shit this process of using the XP on players is absurd. It's nice to see them progress and get better, but fuck me, the damn menu goes back to the ALL roster whenever you back out of the players abilities screen. Who tests this shit?

eznark

Banned
So I talked with French and he is confirming this rule

NO MANUAL BLITZING WITH A LINEBACKER, SAFETY, DEFENSIVE BACK. YOU CAN CONTROL DEFENSIVE ENDS AND TACKLES ALL YOU WANT

YES APPARENTLY THIS INCLUDES OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS RUSHING IN STANDARD 3-4 FORMATION (James Harrison, DeMarcus Ware, etc.) BASICALLY IF THE GUY IS STANDING UP, NO MANUAL BLITZING

IF THE OLB IS IN A STANCE ON THE GROUND IT IS OK

Every player except one is standing up in Psycho formation. Go fuck yourself.

BigAT

How do they determine who's on Special Teams? I start Mosley at LB and would prefer if he wasn't out there on Kick Offs. But I noticed his stamina was lower in the huddle because he was out there in coverage which sucks. He was the only starter I noticed this happening to.

I'm sure there is somewhere that lists it specifically, but it pulls from your depth chart. I believe it is players that are listed as backup LBs, safeties, TEs and maybe FBs. Make sure he doesn't appear as a backup at one of the other linebacker spots.

GQman2121

Banned
TINY GLITCH TO REPORT

So I'm going through and using this XP that I've earned on my young starters and I've come across a situation where I can use the XP but it's not saving when I back out. It's only happening with one player, Courtney Upshaw, who has 4573 XP. I use all but 675 of it on his Awareness raising the rating from 72 to 78. I press O to return to the menu and his available XP is back to 4573 and the Awareness rating is unaltered.

I've done it a few times now, selecting different abilities every time and none of it is sticking. So just a heads up if you notice that you have an absurd amount of XP for one player. The points may not be saving.

Hopefully it'll work itself out when the week advances.

Never mind, I'm an idiot. You have to press the OPTIONS button to confirm that you want to use the points for the ability you've chosen.

I'm sure there is somewhere that lists it specifically, but it pulls from your depth chart. I believe it is players that are listed as backup LBs, safeties, TEs and maybe FBs. Make sure he doesn't appear as a backup at one of the other linebacker spots.

I'll do that now. Cheers.

eznark

Banned
Go talk to FMT, you stupid fuck

7F95BB4BAE8F633AEEF7CB242EA3D4B2BF13B413
rage.gif

there is no manual blitzing from LB's unless they are on the D-line. the reason is a human player can get the blocker to wonk out or manipulate the "blocking" to allow a free runner. i'm willing to revisit this if people feel that there is nothing cheesy about blitzing an OLB manually but as of right now i group it with manual catching: could be ok but i'd rather not play with that fire.

and brent, i played you a couple times and i never saw you blitz the QB with your OLB. maybe i just missed it but i don't remember seeing that

Ferny

So I talked with French and he is confirming this rule

NO MANUAL BLITZING WITH A LINEBACKER, SAFETY, DEFENSIVE BACK. YOU CAN CONTROL DEFENSIVE ENDS AND TACKLES ALL YOU WANT

YES APPARENTLY THIS INCLUDES OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS RUSHING IN STANDARD 3-4 FORMATION (James Harrison, DeMarcus Ware, etc.) BASICALLY IF THE GUY IS STANDING UP, NO MANUAL BLITZING

IF THE OLB IS IN A STANCE ON THE GROUND IT IS OK

This is crazy

like i said, give me some feedback on manually blitzing OLB. in years past it was very easy to cheese with it but maybe it has been fixed?

i can test it out later but i also want to hear what others have experienced. i don't want to have so many rules to bog the league down but i also want to minimize cheesing as much as possible

Ramirez

like i said, give me some feedback on manually blitzing OLB. in years past it was very easy to cheese with it but maybe it has been fixed?

i can test it out later but i also want to hear what others have experienced. i don't want to have so many rules to bog the league down but i also want to minimize cheesing as much as possible

We've had people be absolute terrors with DE's in the past, it would only be worse if these people could do the same with a LB. Plus, it's been like this for YEARS ,why change now?

brentech

and brent, i played you a couple times and i never saw you blitz the QB with your OLB. maybe i just missed it but i don't remember seeing that
I usually played the flats or blitzed with them. Sometimes a couple other zones. But so far this year I'm not used to the shitty ice skating defenders so I've just played simpler roles.

Pretty sure a lot of people I played last year played corner blitz and OLB as well. Outside of just playing against the same defense all the time, I dont remember a single issue with people's defense.

Greg

I'll gladly play it that way if it's the rule, but what's the reasoning behind no user controlled catches?

I feel like that's the only way you can bail out an off target ball by the QB (something that is more frequently out of user control now according to the devs with the QB accuracy rating)

I'll gladly play it that way if it's the rule, but what's the reasoning behind no user controlled catches?

I feel like that's the only way you can bail out an off target ball by the QB (something that is more frequently out of user control now according to the devs with the QB accuracy rating)

mostly because it's almost indefensible (even with ballhawk). i played a random against the seahawks and percy harvin turned into prime randy moss because he would throw jump balls up and there was nothing i could do about it.

Greg

mostly because it's almost indefensible (even with ballhawk). i played a random against the seahawks and percy harvin turned into prime randy moss because he would throw jump balls up and there was nothing i could do about it.
maybe my receivers are just shit then because I always feel like the D has the edge with the way they can jump routes unrealistically if my QB decides with the roll of a dice to suck at life and throw not in the perfect window

DCX

DCX
Depends on where he is on the depth Chart, think the second MLB is in on ST. I used to know who went were but I can't remember.

DCX, I'll be free most of the day tomorrow, just let me know what's good bud! You guys still using aim to set up games right?

yea, i'll hop on to set up a time!

DCX

that was my bad fellas. apparently my defensive play art was set to off... i swear i don't remember changing that at all but i must have :(

stream is back up!

Cola if you would like to show up within 30 minutes of posting asking if I want to play, or would like to give me a time when you are actually around, that would be great

Ramirez

So is anyone seeing the times it literally doesn't let me call plays

And i cant see pre snap shit either

The game sometimes picks my plays for me, without me even touching a button and no timer appearing on screen, def. weird.

Anyone wanna run a scrim?!

Ferny

I feel like there is numerous issues that made rushing the start of the league not worth it.

There are definite ratings changes from whatever roster this was made with and the latest ones. Playing exhibitions and using the ones we had to this first game are terrible.

GG Pistol. Defensive game the first half and then things broke down towards the end. That one INT after the Geno sack hurt.

Top Bottom