• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Greg

GG bro, I HATE tackling in this game.
yeah, I don't like it either, and I have no clue why they changed it

you either unrealistically warp a few yards for the tackle or the player does absolutely nothing

unless I'm doing something completely wrong, the other way felt more natural

Ramirez

yeah, I don't like it either, and I have no clue why they changed it

you either unrealistically warp a few yards for the tackle or the player does absolutely nothing

unless I'm doing something completely wrong, the other way felt more natural

Yup, more often than not, I hit X and my player does nothing. The hit stick is gimped with all assist removed from it, you need some assist to counter the laggy movement.

I asked Nightz if he's down for playing Wed night so I can try to get a few more scrimmage games in tomorrow first. Any of you bros that will play with me tomorrow and give tips, much appreciated! Thanks again DCX for playing with me tonight, it was fun.

Also, is there a latency issue with kicking online or something? When I did the skill drill for it, I got it to stop at max every time but when I played online, it seems like every time I hit it at max, it shoots back down to the beginning of the green area for the kick...

I'm headed to bed here soon but I'll hit the thread from work tomorrow and discuss more with you guys then.

Mrbob

Maybe I should just retire from Dota after this game:

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/870075904

I never wrecked (rekt?) a game single handedly like this before. Gotta admit it felt good. Have to give FMT credit too as my lane partner. He harassed well to let me farm and saved me from death a couple times early on with stuns.

Good night of Dota, finished 5-1 with the PA game as the capper.

I asked Nightz if he's down for playing Wed night so I can try to get a few more scrimmage games in tomorrow first. Any of you bros that will play with me tomorrow and give tips, much appreciated! Thanks again DCX for playing with me tonight, it was fun.

Also, is there a latency issue with kicking online or something? When I did the skill drill for it, I got it to stop at max every time but when I played online, it seems like every time I hit it at max, it shoots back down to the beginning of the green area for the kick...

I'm headed to bed here soon but I'll hit the thread from work tomorrow and discuss more with you guys then.

there is always a slight delay with the kicking game. after about 2 or 3 games you'll get the hang of it. i can play a game if you're around. i might be around a bit tomorrow, let me know!

also with regards to tackling, i like things about it and others i dont. i liked the concept and the execution is there more than half the time. what i DONT like is the warping you see from time to time. as for hit stick, i haven't noticed much of a difference. i kind of like that it's not a homing missle anymore because i feel like people would ONLY use hit stick to tackle with no punishment

Ramirez

there is always a slight delay with the kicking game. after about 2 or 3 games you'll get the hang of it. i can play a game if you're around. i might be around a bit tomorrow, let me know!

also with regards to tackling, i like things about it and others i dont. i liked the concept and the execution is there more than half the time. what i DONT like is the warping you see from time to time. as for hit stick, i haven't noticed much of a difference. i kind of like that it's not a homing missle anymore because i feel like people would ONLY use hit stick to tackle with no punishment

What they should have done is make the stick the only way to tackle, and the strength of the hit just based on the situation.

Jesus, was your last microwave from the 80s with a turn dial?

We gang banged Justin Verlander.

FVzXb9x.png

I saw someone somewhere say its not a scandal, its a sex crime.

brentech

DirecTV here to install. Basically just hoping they don't knock out my cable internet and make me have to wait for cable to fix it. Otherwise, this should go well.

I can't remember if the main wire to my living room was split and now the area in my basement is finished so there isn't an easy way to look and see.

eznark

Banned
Not even 10 am yet and Bob is bombarding me with his great Warriors Orochi deal. So heads up, a new dynasty warriors game came out. Time to block bob on all forms of communication for a week.

LJ11

DCX, stood you up most of the day yesterday, my ass was running around.

I'm home the entire week, will just be bumming around for the most part. Will finally install AIM on the PC I built last year, lol. We'll get this thing done. I'll be out a bit in the morning but should be home by late afternoon.

Will be around to scrimmage with you guys, I need practice.

brentech

This DTV install has been something else.
All kinds of issues, mostly because cable provider had splitters everywhere and most of them are hidden behind drywall.

Almost had to cancel the whole thing, but I think we found a solution. Last ditch effort.

I just know when we end up moving and building, having cable drops in every god damn room.

BigAT

All kinds of issues, mostly because cable provider had splitters everywhere and most of them are hidden behind drywall.

Almost had to cancel the whole thing, but I think we found a solution. Last ditch effort.

I just know when we end up moving and building, having cable drops in every god damn room.

Should have gone with Armstrong Cable.

eznark

Banned

I didn't want to say anything because hey, maybe you'd get lucky, but yeah. The install was a nightmare for me too, mostly because I was unable to make it back into town when the electrician was running cable for the house (don't build a house when you are live a thousand miles away, kids) and he fucked up the satellite run. Made it a real pain when trying to mount the dish.

Also conduit. Run as many wide pipes as you can. And do it a few hundred feet out from the foundation as well. I have tons of space for easy cable runs inside the house but I was a moron and only ran a few out front. Now I have to trench 200 yards to run power from my house to the shed. bah.

brentech

I didn't want to say anything because hey, maybe you'd get lucky, but yeah. The install was a nightmare for me too, mostly because I was unable to make it back into town when the electrician was running cable for the house (don't build a house when you are live a thousand miles away, kids) and he fucked up the satellite run. Made it a real pain when trying to mount the dish.

So the TV coax outlet wasn't working (for him to use) in my living room, which is where my coax cables for both TV and internet are at.

Solution originally, was to just use the internet line and move my cable modem and router to the basement....but then my internet didn't work at all in my office which is on the second story. On the main floor, internet worked. But that's a no go for me.

So the end solution was to just move the main genie box to the basement, and have a mini on the main floor with second mini being able to travel anywhere.
Signal strength is full, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'll wait until I see it working everywhere first to say this is donezerino.

Should have gone with Armstrong Cable.
Internet still is!
By the end of this, maybe the cable will be as well. =\

brentech

Looks like everything is working. IQ on the two wireless TVs is perfect.
Good thing it's raining now and about to storm so I can really test this shit.

Steam is my method of contact. I'm not downloading AIM in 2014. Won't happen. Nope.

eznark

Banned
How ever else will you be able to express your feelings through TOOL lyrics.

I like that the username FMT still uses is a presumed jab at some high school freshmen crush.

YAH WHO IS SORRY NOW MELANIE! YOU, THAT'S WHO! I GOT MY LICENSE AND I CAN TAKE MY DAD'S PONTIAC WHENEVER I WANT!!!!!!

HEY JEALOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSY
HEY JEALOUSY!

brentech

Can genie 2 remotes be used as universal?

ie, can I use it to control the volume on my soundbar somehow. Or do I need to keep that remote handy again?

eznark

Banned
I use mine with my receiver, so yeah. The guy who set them up for me said they wouldn't work but I tried it and it did, no problem.

though truth be told I use my htc one as my uni ersal remote 85% of the time.

brentech

Maybe that's the solution.
I think first gen genies look like they're easier to set up for multiple devices. Gen 2, he said it would work but I'm not seeing shit.

Top Bottom