• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

brentech

So if I take control of a OLB before a play, and his job is to cover a flat zone or to man the RB, and there is no one in the zone or the RB is blocking, respectively, am I not allowed to make a b line for the QB?

Are those players just strictly off limits for user control?

I really just don't understand how all this didn't come up through the entirety of last year.

Gonna play your map next, been gone most of the day and now all three on my ds4's are dead. wtf
Your wife and kids are addicted to golf. It's the only explanation.

So if I take control of a OLB before a play, and his job is to cover a flat zone or to man the RB, and there is no one in the zone or the RB is blocking, respectively, am I not allowed to make a b line for the QB?

Are those players just strictly off limits for user control?

I really just don't understand how all this didn't come up through the entirety of last year.

Your wife and kids are addicted to golf. It's the only explanation.

no manual blitzing of QB's with a linebacker in any circumstance. i get that MOST of the time it probably wouldn't be an issue. the problem is that the blocking AI has not been good at handling human rushers and the odd angles they can take. then you end up with someone wreaking havoc with a bum OLB.

i'm willing to revisit this if people are having no issues picking up free rushers but it has been a problem in the past. as i said yesterday i played you twice last year and i never saw you manually blitz with a LB. why didn't anyone else bring it up? i don't know. maybe you just ran into the blocker and didn't cause any issues. no issues = no complaining.

brentech

That's because I try make sure I'm playing as we would see in an NFL game. I just played the role that the player is given.
I get it if I was brining the OLB out super wide and cheesing it up, but it was never noticed because this is supposed to be a sim league.
Only time I don't have a defender do something the play art shows is when I actually prevent a blitzer from blitzing and drop back instead.

But whatever. I guess we just don't play them at all.

JABEE

eye-of-sauron_0.jpg
I posted earlier in the thread! Everyone is getting so jumpy!

I agree with Brent here. I think we need to be allowed to do it when it's appropriate

The only thing I find inappropriate is when someone takes a blitzer or a rusher (somebody who doesn't normally, like an OLB in a 4-3 or a DB) and just runs circles around the line to get to the QB....but I don't even think that's possible now. and I quite frankly think that person isn't helping themselves by blowing up their own play. but if we have people doing that, it'll be pretty blatant and be on tape now too. and I don't think we'll have any problems like that with the people in our league

I personally don't like doing it because I don't think it helps me, CPU generally takes best angles possible, but there are times where I'm trying to switch players and the play is snapped, and I'm controlling a MLB where I call for an MLB blitz. and if you don't do anything with your controller the player will automatically do its own thing. i don't think that's bad

That's because I try make sure I'm playing as we would see in an NFL game. I just played the role that the player is given.
I get it if I was brining the OLB out super wide and cheesing it up, but it was never noticed because this is supposed to be a sim league.
Only time I don't have a defender do something the play art shows is when I actually prevent a blitzer from blitzing and drop back instead.

But whatever. I guess we just don't play them at all.

if you are playing as you would in an NFL game you would never have someone responsible for a zone coverage blitz because no one was in his zone at that moment. there are obviously times where if a RB stays into block in a man situation it is an automatic blitz.

i talked to a few people and i don't see any issue with testing out manual blitzing over the next couple weeks and see what people think. if you choose a guy who is already designed to blitz the QB, you can control him but you can't take him WAAAAY outside the tackle or do stupid shit like like. blitz as he would normally blitz.

we'll revisit in a couple weeks and see if any issues came up

brentech

My point is, if you're playing the game to beat the game of Madden mechanics.....then you're not playing football.

BUT - The game is representative enough, to where you should be able to play your role correctly and have a good, fun, legit contest.

The only thing I've changed from last year, was the amount of snaps I took at OLB in game 1.

If someone ends up wanting to play like a dick and just cheeses up the position, then we should just ban playing the position entirely. I don't want to have to worry about changing my player because of his role every down when someone is running hurry up offense and all that shit.

Edit: also, not trying to be a dick about all this, but it was never pointed out to me last year which is the first time I had played with you guys so I want to be on the same page now.
Just took me by surprise to have a complaint about it after game one when it was pretty obvious I wasn't doing anything to get an edge in the game.

brentech

This is the best golf game I've ever played. Hoodoo Hills at Yeti Gorge is unbelievable. Apparently this Dr. Yeti guy made four awesome courses and is working on a fifth. Just search Yeti and they show up.

You weren't kidding. Only 4 holes through, but very nice.

Ramirez

If I was able to user blitz with Harrison or Trevathan while Ware and Miller were lined up as ends...

Definitely don't need this.

Well it's your lucky day, because FMT is letting the floodgates open!

It had been banned for years, and all it took was a couple posts, lol.

Well it's your lucky day, because FMT is letting the floodgates open!

It had been banned for years, and all it took was a couple posts, lol.

we're going to see what it looks like now. i've played randoms in ranked who tried to manually blitz and it didn't affect me at all. nothing wrong with trying something out that has been banned to see if it is no longer cheesy. that's why twins is allowed!

Smokey

My point is, if you're playing the game to beat the game of Madden mechanics.....then you're not playing football.

BUT - The game is representative enough, to where you should be able to play your role correctly and have a good, fun, legit contest.

The only thing I've changed from last year, was the amount of snaps I took at OLB in game 1.

If someone ends up wanting to play like a dick and just cheeses up the position, then we should just ban playing the position entirely. I don't want to have to worry about changing my player because of his role every down when someone is running hurry up offense and all that shit.

Edit: also, not trying to be a dick about all this, but it was never pointed out to me last year which is the first time I had played with you guys so I want to be on the same page now.
Just took me by surprise to have a complaint about it after game one when it was pretty obvious I wasn't doing anything to get an edge in the game.

You remind me of a young Smokey

I wish you well brentech. But it looks like they might listen to you!

Smokey

Legit addicted to MUT. No Ls yet and I ended up winning the online season SB or whatever. I see the rabbit hole opening with this.

brentech

Legit addicted to MUT. No Ls yet and I ended up winning the online season SB or whatever. I see the rabbit hole opening with this.
Yea, it's much more fun this year than it has been. Streamlining the menus for collectibles helps by like 1000x as well.

brentech

What are the settings again that we have to use so the game won't be broken?

Im gonna post some defualt settings for the ones we need to have everyone set to so we dont have any issues (hopefully)

Camera Settings: Standard (Default was zoom? Fuck that)
Defensive Graphics: Full
Kick Aiming Arc: On
Previous play info: On
Camera Toggle: On

PLEASE HAVE THESE SETTINGS BEFORE PLAYING ANY GAMES!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
we're going to see what it looks like now. i've played randoms in ranked who tried to manually blitz and it didn't affect me at all. nothing wrong with trying something out that has been banned to see if it is no longer cheesy. that's why twins is allowed!

Except twins wasnt banned. You sat back and let the twins happen.

Does anyone want to play me right now so I can get a bit more practice in before I play Nightz? I've only played one human opponent so far and I need the practice!

JABEE

I'm still trying to figure out how to run hurry up at the end of a game. I can toggle it in quick play, but I can't toggle play speed to anything other than chew clock in online head-to-head. For a team like the Eagles, they are constantly in no huddle, but for a team like my Panthers, they would need to use it with less than 4 minutes left in a game or half.

SickBoy

GG Story. Seemed like a pretty good matchup. I think you carried the play for a lot of the game although you got away with a few passes right at my D early.

I'd complain about Brees getting hurt, but I somehow played better with Tolzien.

GG Story. Seemed like a pretty good matchup. I think you carried the play for a lot of the game although you got away with a few passes right at my D early.

I'd complain about Brees getting hurt, but I somehow played better with Tolzien.

I had a couple of instances where I hit the wrong damn button, as always.

My DBs did some brain dead things to even things out though. lol

Top Bottom