• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Hi guys that laughed at what I paid for Emmanuel Sanders

did anyone honestly expect welker to play the first few weeks of the season anyways? i basically took him off my draft board in all of my leagues. if he was there with the last pick i probably would have taken him but anything higher was never going to happen

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
13 isnt bad at all. He is basically taking Eric Deckers stats from last year and might even improve on them.

LJ11

i couldn't find you on there, i'm dcxgaf on steam. i can play in like 15 minutes.

DCX

Cool, I sent you an invite on Steam, I'll get this sorted.

Im on PS4 Madden just dicking around, invite me whenever you're ready.

Wow you don't even call them friends, that's messed up!

I don't call a lot of people friend :(
SLx19c3.gif

LJ11

GG LJ!! As usual our games are straight up battles!

DCX

Unfortunately our first game got disconnect last in the 4th, with about 2:30 to go. DCX was in the redzone, and I had a 13-10 lead. Took an early 10-0 lead but DCX came storming back to tie it up early in the 3rd Quarter. We replayed it and had another battle.

DCX deserved to win the rematch. He had some bad clock management late in the 2nd, he should have scored 3 easy, probably 7, but he didn't have a timeout. Missed a FG early in the game, so that's a 6-10 point swing right off the start. Also made a ridiculous int with Olgetree, classic Madden int. Seems like you're better off clicking on late than controlling the player throughout.

Game was 3-0 with me leading heading into the 3rd. DCX had a bad turnover while driving, but I coughed it up. His DL was getting pressure all game long, kept my run in check and forced me into 3rd and long repeatedly. DCX took the lead in the 4th, but I managed to come through with a late score and win it. On the winning drive I forced a ball that would have been picked off 8-10, but it was just out of the reach of the LB DCX was controlling. Sometimes defenders make ridiculous out stretch dives and sometimes they barely reach out.

On the last play of the game DCX threw it up, had my safety controlled early, and the DB never jumped up. Patterson caught it around the 5 and was tackled before he could go in for the score.

Crazy game, came down to some luck. I will say one thing, when DCX and I went no huddle, we were moving the ball at will. Should have stayed in two minute offense all game long!

eznark

Banned
lol that last pass, wrong button.

I don't know if it was the wind or the confidence thing or if Rodgers is just worse but precision passing was pretty much worthless. I kept trying to throw underneath, or lead guys, or on that pick six throw it up the field but every single time he just threw the route. Last year precision passing was sick, gonna have to adjust a ton.

AZ probably should've have 15 picks.

Also that cheat line on punts is lol. Me and AZ pinning inside the 20 with 9-15 mph winds like it's nothing.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
lol that last pass, wrong button.

I don't know if it was the wind or the confidence thing or if Rodgers is just worse but precision passing was pretty much worthless. I kept trying to throw underneath, or lead guys, or on that pick six throw it up the field but every single time he just threw the route. Last year precision passing was sick, gonna have to adjust a ton.

AZ probably should've have 15 picks.

Also that cheat line on punts is lol. Me and AZ pinning inside the 20 with 9-15 mph winds like it's nothing.

was wondering if having the kick line had an effect, turning everyone into an all pro punter

brentech

Should be off, but if there isn't an option for commissioner to lock it, anyone that doesn't stream games can use it with no worries a believe.

eznark

Banned
Even with that heavy wind it was more than enough time to pinpoint the landing spot. You still have to gauge the meter properly.

I wasn't complaining. I'm ass at punting, this is great!

BigAT

nothing is possible to enforce in the game and indeed in life if others are not willing to abide by the rules. i'm confident everyone in the league will!

Yup, absolutely no reason not to be confident that people will follow the rules without anything in place to prevent them from breaking them.

BigAT

Ramirez

Unfortunately our first game got disconnect last in the 4th, with about 2:30 to go. DCX was in the redzone, and I had a 13-10 lead. Took an early 10-0 lead but DCX came storming back to tie it up early in the 3rd Quarter. We replayed it and had another battle.

DCX deserved to win the rematch. He had some bad clock management late in the 2nd, he should have scored 3 easy, probably 7, but he didn't have a timeout. Missed a FG early in the game, so that's a 6-10 point swing right off the start. Also made a ridiculous int with Olgetree, classic Madden int. Seems like you're better off clicking on late than controlling the player throughout.

Game was 3-0 with me leading heading into the 3rd. DCX had a bad turnover while driving, but I coughed it up. His DL was getting pressure all game long, kept my run in check and forced me into 3rd and long repeatedly. DCX took the lead in the 4th, but I managed to come through with a late score and win it. On the winning drive I forced a ball that would have been picked off 8-10, but it was just out of the reach of the LB DCX was controlling. Sometimes defenders make ridiculous out stretch dives and sometimes they barely reach out.

On the last play of the game DCX threw it up, had my safety controlled early, and the DB never jumped up. Patterson caught it around the 5 and was tackled before he could go in for the score.

Crazy game, came down to some luck. I will say one thing, when DCX and I went no huddle, we were moving the ball at will. Should have stayed in two minute offense all game long!

Am I crazy, didn't one of you say no huddle was OP like on the release day, and we've still yet to discuss it?!

Top Bottom