• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

Smokey

Only played 2 online MUT games.
I'm 5 games through the Bears regular season challenge, which I think is 8 games. Some close games with my 71 rated team, but haven't had to retry one yet. Going to try to finish that off to get Cutler and will allow me to buy another pack.

Just not getting lucky with my gold packs. Guess I'm getting a lot of cards for collections though. Once you complete a few the coins just start raining down.

When I flipped the card yesterday the Ultimate Team wording was red I was hyped. Knew it would be an elite. But then when it was Brady I was
Fk7t7wx.gif

Yeah I think it was probably dumb of me to put every card I get into a "set" if it was an option. Probably could've sold those things. I was up to like 12500 coins but I spent them all. I don't think I have anything to show for it!

Pro Tip: Buy the Bronze badges and then flip them for 1k+ points. Some people are posting Buy it Now prices that are way too low.

Smokey

I have only two corners I can actually play so I stick to a 4-3 and just hope I can get pressure or can contain the O with zone defenses. Luckily my LBs are pretty good.

It's like a very watered down combo of football and AD&D, a wet dream for me. i wish we had dice rolls haha

Also if you get into the Auction House, use this site -> http://www.mutmanager.com/players.html

Lists the prices that players are going for. If you click the price next to players name you can get a breakdown of the daily averages for that player.

Yes... I am falling in deep :x

eznark

Banned
Why you gotta hurt me?

Also if you do the Auction stuff use this -> http://www.mutmanager.com/players.html

Lists the prices that players are going for. If you click the price next to players name and get a breakdown of the daily averages for that player.

Yes... I am falling in deep :x

Thank you. That's not falling in deep, that's providing a fucking service that should be built into the game. Auctioning guys without having any idea how much they are worth is idiotic and creates massive gaping market inefficiencies.

Smokey

Why you gotta hurt me?

Thank you. That's not falling in deep, that's providing a fucking service that should be built into the game. Auctioning guys without having any idea how much they are worth is idiotic and creates massive gaping market inefficiencies.

Yeah you really should be able to tell what the average price of the item you are selling is going for so you can set your price accordingly. Dudes have no clue right now. Yesterday there was a gold rated RG that was like 83 rated with a BIN price of 3k coins. Way too low and as soon as I clicked to buy it somebody scooped it up.

I'm honestly not really too drawn into MUT, done a few but franchise still appeals to me more

I will give this a fighting chance again

Ferny

MUT just satisfies everything in one mode for me. The CCG type aspect mixed with Madden is too strong. Franchise would be kind of...boring if it was just me playing.

eznark

Banned
The inclusion of connected franchises killed solo franchises for me. Ideally I would be able to scrim with my franchise team then I would never do anything else, but this year they got MUT right it seems, so I'm happy with doing that on the side.

Smokey

Holy shit hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I got Sherman but he is my only viable starting corner. The other corner I have is the Giants 5th CB, Bowman. Behind him is a vacuum of crap.

Do the solo challenges. They are repetitive but the coins add up quick and you get players. Once you complete a regular season challenge for whatever team you'll get a gold card version of that coach with a style bonus. Use whatever style that coach has and start building your team around that. So if you want to build a defensive beast do the Hawks or 49ers regular season challenge. You'll get a gold Carroll or Harbaugh. One of these has a Zone Defense Style I can't remember. Then start using coins/points and look for players with a ZD badge.

This is what I did for Short Pass style. Short Pass gives you a boost in CIT and PBK .I did the Broncos regular season and I got a gold John Fox with a +15 SPass style. So I built my entire offensive line with guys who have a SP style. Did the same for receivers / TE. Not only do the players get a boost for fitting that style, but my gold coach card provides an additional +15 as well. When i play Brady has a HUGE pocket formed for him and the recievers catch just about everything due to the CIT boost. This particular lineup has a style of 70/100. Once you get your OVR team rating to 85 you unlock the ability to use a second style at the same time.

This is how I did my team but there's like 9 different styles to choose from and you can make it however you like. 17-2 so far with my squad online.

The mode is a legit hook for me because of the collecting and earning rewards process. It's why I was hooked on COD BLOPS II for so long.

Smokey

Have you spent money on it, Smokey?

Yeah I got a few of the vet packs and the all pro packs. You can't buy coins though which is the currency in the game. To get the MUT Elite version of Cam I had to play tons and do the Auction House to get the required cards (they are not available in the packs). There's a good balance but you can def see how they make millions off of their UT stuff.

Smokey

There's really no reason to. But they do make a ton of money on that shit. Unbelievable.

You don't have to put then you're looking at literally hundreds of hours of gameplay to get a really nice squad. They price the Pro packs at like 7500 coins or 150 points. 150 points is like $3 or something. They are very smart about it.

Once you start getting high value items and flip them you should be good. Example I have an Elite badge. A look at the AH shows they are going for 45k+ coins. I flip that and I can go get me tons of pro packs and other items.

brentech

Yea. One game left for Bears season, against Patriots, with my 71 team. The move up against all pro with o-line in the 60s really shows, and I only win by 3 or 4

McNei1y

I'll be there most likely too. I'm grabbing one of these bad boys whenever I go next.

You should try to get Nightz to hang out with you guys too. Maybe he'll show up naked.

Also, MD fans are really awful. Be prepared to have full cans of beer thrown at your head. This happened to a friend when we went and he assured me it was very painful.

Hey not all MD fans are bad. I mean look at me! I just drink copious amounts of alcohol and have a good time. I don't do any of the throwing batteries, picking fights with opposing teams (I actually enjoy talking about other teams), or tackle kids.

brentech

I went into GameStop to trade in the show and pay off the destiny white PS4. Dude said they will probably have over 200 people at midnight launch picking up at least the game.

Noopppe. Will pick it up Tuesday some time. I've actually never done a midnight pickup. Just don't care enough.

Nightz

I went into GameStop to trade in the show and pay off the destiny white PS4. Dude said they will probably have over 200 people at midnight launch picking up at least the game.

Noopppe. Will pick it up Tuesday some time. I've actually never done a midnight pickup. Just don't care enough.

Is the game that comes with the bundle a physical copy or digital?

Ramirez

This year's Madden seems like a pretty damn good game.

They got a lot right, but manual defensive control and tackling are pretty damn poor compared to past years. I love that every game isn't a shoot out though.

What time is this last game being played today? And Ravens owner can you play tonight?

eznark

Banned
What are the preorder bonuses? I preordered from Amazon to get the beta code but will probably cancel so I can get it digitally. Fuck disc swapping!

Plus, trading in Destiny is basically taking food off of Luke's kids table.

brentech

Completed bears regular season. And in turn completed 3 sets for coins and a few players.

Now in saving up for this 24k pack that's only available today.

What are the preorder bonuses? I preordered from Amazon to get the beta code but will probably cancel so I can get it digitally. Fuck disc swapping!

Plus, trading in Destiny is basically taking food off of Luke's kids table.

You can buy the digital code from amazon and still get the amazon pre-order bonus. That's what I did.

Be glad you didn't. Because every time I go to those things I never come home feeling good about myself.

The crowd there just makes you wonder "Are these really the same kinds of people who I have similar interests with?"

Mrbob

I'm also a consumer whore who will get the digital deluxe version. This is a game much like Diablo where I don't want to have to grab a disc to play.

You can buy the digital code from amazon and still get the amazon pre-order bonus. That's what I did.

I think the pre order bonuses are the same on PSN and Amazon.

Amazon I pay tax and PSN I don't so PSN wins. Plus does Amazon give out the code a couple days early? Going to pre load the game on September 7.

I'm also a consumer whore who will get the digital deluxe version. This is a game much like Diablo where I don't want to have to grab a disc to play.

I think the pre order bonuses are the same on PSN and Amazon.

Amazon I pay tax and PSN I don't so PSN wins. Plus does Amazon give out the code a couple days early? Going to pre load the game on September 7.

Probably not but I'm not going to play it early anyway. I'll just download it while I'm at work on the 9th. I don't pay taxes on Amazon plus I get triple reward points on my Amazon Visa.

Also, I pre-ordered the non-poor version like eznark and ferny.

Nightz

They got a lot right, but manual defensive control and tackling are pretty damn poor compared to past years. I love that every game isn't a shoot out though.

What time is this last game being played today? And Ravens owner can you play tonight?

Squall said he'll be around at like 7-8 pm eastern so we'll be playing then.

Az, can you play after that?

Top Bottom