• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

brentech

nothing is possible to enforce in the game and indeed in life if others are not willing to abide by the rules. i'm confident everyone in the league will!
Nah, I just wasn't sure if you were saying that it was actually an option for the commish to lock.
Would make sense if it was...

eznark

Banned
Seems weird that you can change stuff like ball hawk and the kick cheat on as an individual user. Didn't those always used to be league settings?

That was the first game I've played with it on. I don't really get why it's defaulted to on in anything but rookie but whatev's.

SickBoy

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like EA really reduced the size of the directional arrow for kicks as they implemented the line.

I don't think my camera angle is that much wider than it was last year, but I guess it could be that, too (not that it's a huge problem)

brentech

Man, I've opened like 6 or so gold packs in MUT this year....and have about nothing to show for it. Best players are mid 70s so far.

It'll probably jump up when the weekly specials come out during the season, but still. Think I'd of hit at least one, normal card that was actually a truly good player by now.

And so the addiction goes...

You'll be able to tell if the people who stream still have it on. I guess that's the only way to enforce.

In other streaming news, I was pleased that my game against Eznark was streamed at high quality and I don't think we had a single bit of lag throughout the entire game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
You'll be able to tell if the people who stream still have it on. I guess that's the only way to enforce.

In other streaming news, I was pleased that my game against Eznark was streamed at high quality and I don't think we had a single bit of lag throughout the entire game.

I had to refresh once or twice, but that's more on my side. Twitch never runs well.

But we had nice commentary going, calling out tendency's and the fact that EZ will throw it right into the LB zone coverage, hell or high water.

One thing the NCAA games had right, was the ability to call plays in the hurry up, on both sides of the ball. No more with being stuck in Cover 4, pro football.

He was killing me with crossing routes early in the game. I was like, fuck this, if he wants to throw across the middle, I'll make sure a LB or safety is there to knock the receiver on his ass. So I switched to a mix of cover 2/cover 3 and then Cobb got injured for I don't know how long doing exactly that.

eznark

Banned
Only two weeks thank Christ.

Is it archived?

I had to refresh once or twice, but that's more on my side. Twitch never runs well.

But we had nice commentary going, calling out tendency's and the fact that EZ will throw it right into the LB zone coverage, hell or high water.

:(

Last year you could precision away from the drop zone. Last night none of it was working. That was my first game with Rodgers, I think the ability to hit super tight windows and be incredibly accurate with precision passing last year has forced me into some awful tendencies.

Also not having HoFinley to always bail me out means I am totally fucked.

Though I will say a lot of those passes that were batted down by Seattles linebackers will be completions against the garbage that bob and trsher throw out there.

Fucking new twitch. Do I actually have to make highlights in order to save this?

Amazon Prime members should get free unlimited twitch storage.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, that pick six I was throwing to the gaping window between Sherman and the safety, at least I was trying to. Rogers threw the route. Garbagio.

It looks like I did throw it right after the break though, so I guess I was just late on it. I should've changed the route to a fly to avoid that situation but it's taking me so long to find the plays I want that I'm snapping with like a second left every time.

I do like the new system, just gotta get used to it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fucking new twitch. Do I actually have to make highlights in order to save this?

Amazon Prime members should get free unlimited twitch storage.

Just doing a quick google search, found http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php, where you can save the video into an flv format. I imagine you can piece the pieces together and put it into another format, upload it to youtube, etc.

Another thing I noticed, neither of you ran the ball very well (or much). I know Seattle's got a good defense, but running just looked impossible to do, you'd run outside too early, or not follow the blocking.

I found that misdirection plays are the only plays that really got me yards. Even if I followed my blockers on normal plays, Hawk would just come out of nowhere to fill the hole. Very frustrating.

brentech

Hey so are screens just broken this year? I had a perfect screen called against eznark and the fucking ball bounced off of Lynch's head.

They're just harder to execute and the defense doesn't get quite as swallowed up by the blocks.

You need to get rid of the ball faster as the o-line really lets them loose, but a bullet pass isn't usually going to work because it will get to the back too quickly. So drop back, and lob it to him.

Just doing a quick google search, found http://www.twitchtools.com/video-download.php, where you can save the video into an flv format. I imagine you can piece the pieces together and put it into another format, upload it to youtube, etc.

Another thing I noticed, neither of you ran the ball very well (or much). I know Seattle's got a good defense, but running just looked impossible to do, you'd run outside too early, or not follow the blocking.

Like he said, outside runs are a little different this year as well. I'm still getting used to it. But if the play calls for you outside run, you usually have to cut inside the TE or the RB will for some reason get sucked up into his block when you try to get around him. Getting far outside into space isn't very easy this year....have to look for a vertical hole faster.

eznark

Banned

If I missed a hole it was because I didn't see any. I tried running all game til the 4th and as far as I was concerned there was absolutely nowhere to go. The one time I paused was actually to see if Madden had fucked up my depth chart and put garbage in at the line!

Smokey

Have we advanced yet? Me being a good league citizen, has completed my game on time so I am wondering.

Are any of you actively playing MUT? I've got a lot of QBs that could take you to the next level! I have

Brady
Ace Boog1e
Cutler
Vick
Matt Ryan
Bradford

I think I can trade or maybe gift players? I dunno. Brady and Ace Boog1e off limits but I can part with one of the others.

Ferny

Have we advanced yet? Me being a good league citizen, has completed my game on time so I am wondering.

Are any of you actively playing MUT? I've got a lot of QBs that could take you to the next level! I have

Brady
Ace Boog1e
Cutler
Vick
Matt Ryan
Bradford

I think I can trade or maybe gift players? I dunno. Brady and Ace Boog1e off limits but I can part with one of the others.
I am and I need a QB bad. I wouldn't mind Matt Ryan. I could give you a pretty good safety I have.

DCX

DCX

Brady
Ace Boog1e
Cutler
Vick
Matt Ryan
Bradford

I would love Ryan!

DCX

Ferny

I would love Ryan!

DCX

Already called him! FOH

You should try to get Nightz to hang out with you guys too. Maybe he'll show up naked.

Also, MD fans are really awful. Be prepared to have full cans of beer thrown at your head. This happened to a friend when we went and he assured me it was very painful.

That was actually me. I mean't to hit you with the beer. I pulled a Geno. Tell your friend I said sorry.

Smokey

Ferny should get Vick
DCX should get Matt Ryan

It's only right.

Or this could be resolved in players/bribery I'm fine with that.

Real talk tho Cutler is nice. I was using him until the MUT Gods shined on me and blessed me with Elite Brady in a pack.

DCX

DCX
Take Cutler he's just as good! He was on The League!

Ferny should get Vick
DCX should get Matt Ryan

It's only right.

Real talk tho Cutler is nice. I was using him until the MUT Gods shined on me and blessed me with Elite Brady in a pack.
Ill take Cutler or Ryan. Smokey will do the right thing. I believe in him.

DCX

Brady
Ace Boog1e
Cutler
Vick
Matt Ryan
Bradford

I am and I need a QB bad. I wouldn't mind Matt Ryan. I could give you a pretty good safety I have.

I would love Ryan!

DCX

Check your PMs guys, I think best buy messed up and sent me too many pre order codes for MUT. Ive never been into those modes so I figured I'd give them out to you guys

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I too can't stop playing MUT, it's awesome. My only problem is having to play those online cheeseballs. I played a guy that no huddled all game.

BigAT

You should try to get Nightz to hang out with you guys too. Maybe he'll show up naked.

Also, MD fans are really awful. Be prepared to have full cans of beer thrown at your head. This happened to a friend when we went and he assured me it was very painful.

Maybe I'll bring Nightz for security. You don't throw beer at a bottomless man covered in (what I can only hope is) pig's blood.

I remember reading a story years ago about UConn (I think) fans going down there for a game and getting treated horribly. Like some MD fan just literally tackling someone from behind for no reason while he was walking through the parking lot. There was a local (maybe student) newspaper article about it, that completely encouraged it and said that's how opposing fans should be treated.

Maybe I'll bring Nightz for security. You don't throw beer at a bottomless man covered in (what I can only hope is) pig's blood.

I remember reading a story years ago about UConn (I think) fans going down there for a game and getting treated horribly. Like some MD fan just literally tackling someone from behind for no reason while he was walking through the parking lot. There was a local (maybe student) newspaper article about it, that completely encouraged it and said that's how opposing fans should be treated.

They are honestly really really low class fans. Everyone in the conference was happy when they left. They are a direct representation of their abhorrent state.

Smokey

Check your PMs guys, I think best buy messed up and sent me too many pre order codes for MUT. Ive never been into those modes so I figured I'd give them out to you guys

Thanks man!

I too can't stop playing MUT, it's awesome. My only problem is having to play those online cheeseballs. I played a guy that no huddled all game.

Until you build up your D it's kind of tough. I got mine up to speed and they are raw right now. I think everyone is gold. Once I see someone doing the no huddle I just call dime/quarters and put all of my best CBs in the game and its usually a pick. Took me a while to build it up to that. I didn't head online until I had a decent DB core.

I'll say that running the 49ers playbook with Brady and then bringing in Ace Boogie or Vick for pistol / change of pace makes me want to eat a bag of cheezeits while playing.

Ferny

Ferny should get Vick
DCX should get Matt Ryan

It's only right.

You gonna do me like that, Smokey? A fellow CSGO bro and all. SMH x 10

eznark

Banned
How is the matchmaking? My team is like a 67 overall. I won the one game I played online though! Chase Daniels too stronk!

brentech

Only played 2 online MUT games.
I'm 5 games through the Bears regular season challenge, which I think is 8 games. Some close games with my 71 rated team, but haven't had to retry one yet. Going to try to finish that off to get Cutler and will allow me to buy another pack.

Just not getting lucky with my gold packs. Guess I'm getting a lot of cards for collections though. Once you complete a few the coins just start raining down.

eznark

Banned
Yeah I think it was probably dumb of me to put every card I get into a "set" if it was an option. Probably could've sold those things. I was up to like 12500 coins but I spent them all. I don't think I have anything to show for it!

Ferny

How is the matchmaking? My team is like a 67 overall. I won the one game I played online though! Chase Daniels too stronk!

It's actually good and Im not getting any real assholes either. I had one guy go for it on 4th and 8 but he was down a TD and I didn't really mind it. Other than that the matchmaking is pretty good teamwise. I'm 3-0 in my season.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thanks man!

Until you build up your D it's kind of tough. I got mine up to speed and they are raw right now. I think everyone is gold. Once I see someone doing the no huddle I just call dime/quarters and put all of my best CBs in the game and its usually a pick. Took me a while to build it up to that. I didn't head online until I had a decent DB core.

I'll say that running the 49ers playbook with Brady and then bringing in Ace Boogie or Vick for pistol / change of pace makes me want to eat a bag of cheezeits while playing.

I have only two corners I can actually play so I stick to a 4-3 and just hope I can get pressure or can contain the O with zone defenses. Luckily my LBs are pretty good.

It's like a very watered down combo of football and AD&D, a wet dream for me. i wish we had dice rolls haha

Top Bottom