• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
Seemed like Tide/Bat doing everything they could to delay them. Cancelled at least one TP back. Navi had absolutely no business being there in the first place though, they should have gone back to defend long before that. Trying to base race an Aghs Tiny with the attack speed bonus of Wisp Overcharge? Ridiculously dumb.

BTS, it just happened so you can probably find a replay by going to past broadcasts on Twitch.

Not really sure what you mean with the challenge. You can get the win whenever you want in whatever matchmaking mode. It's just like knocking off the 10 heroes for the Compendium. It's just in a set order and random hero order unlike A-Z so not everyone was desperately trying to get Abaddon at the start.

Oh, rad! I thought I had to play them in order and if I played anyone else it would start me over.

Like I won last night as Skywrath (best solo queue experience ever. I almost never even had a chance to buy wards and all three carries were constantly saying how awesome me and venge were supporting. I want them to be mgaf...) on my first game. My next hero is Weaver. I thought if I played any games with Weaver it would reset my challenge.

TheCrow

What channel was streaming it? Is a vod up?

So on the all hero challenge, once you start it you basically have to keep playing that way until you finish? Not sure I'm really interested in doing that. I wish it was just all pick or something.
I think you can just pick that hero in any mode and it'll count.

And it was in bts. Just look at the vods of whoever is streaming the c9 vs navi game now. It's WEC finals.

eznark

Banned
I think you can just pick that hero in any mode and it'll count.

And it was in bts. Just look at the vods of whoever is streaming the c9 vs navi game now. It's WEC finals.

But I can play other heroes in between and they just won't count towards completing the challenge, right?

eznark

Banned
Cool!

My next two heroes are weaver and wisp. Can't wait!

I think I might pick up another Asus VG24 monitor today. Matching monitors seems like the way to go and since I don't want a 27" monitor gsync doesn't seem like an option.

Somnia

Oh man, was talking to a old manager buddy of mine from GameStop. He's leaving for the yearly conference which is Sun-Weds next week in Anaheim, CA. and I just realized, every GameStop will be store managerless for Destiny's launch week... ouch.

Smokey

Oh man, was talking to a old manager buddy of mine from GameStop. He's leaving for the yearly conference which is Sun-Weds next week in Anaheim, CA. and I just realized, every GameStop will be store managerless for Destiny's launch week... ouch.

Some stores may like it that way! When I was ASM I couldn't wait for that damn conference. Go away and let me officially run the store since that what happens during the week anyway. Was good times. I didn't particularly like my slimey SM though and once we bailed on him he was let go a few months later.

Somnia

Some stores may like it that way! When I was ASM I couldn't wait for that damn conference. Go away and let me officially run the store since that what happens during the week anyway. Was good times. I didn't particularly like my slimey SM though and once we bailed on him he was let go a few months later.

Haha ya some stores will be fine. I ran my store where the ASM was trained to be a store manager, 3rd key as a ASM, etc. I always had everyone 100% ready to move up and be promoted so it worked great.

Some stores though....

Mrbob

6Pfs2pz.gif

eznark

Banned
Had a bunch of gamer reward coupons so I bought digital bucks from best buy. $100 for $60.

I think I've now saved something like $200 on purchases from that one $60 subscription Smokes clued us in on.

Thanks buddy!

I need to make sure I pick up a Sony Gold Headset this weekend. I don't want my family hearing Eznark's foul mouth while I play Destiny with my MaddenBros.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
One of the new solo challenges in MUT is playing against the really tiny linebacker that was going around in those videos.

I like where you're going with this, EA

brentech

One of the new solo challenges in MUT is playing against the really tiny linebacker that was going around in those videos.

I like where you're going with this, EA
Playing that now. More funny in the post play clips than the actual gameplay.

Smokey

Finally completed Texans Elite set. Got MUT collectible and Team Captain Jonathan Joseph (lol EA pls).The MUT Master set is insane. You have to collect every Elite MUT collectible. That is going to take hundreds of hours. In return you get 1 million coins and 99 OVR Madden cover Richard Sherman. Dunno if I have the will to do that set but I'll give it a go.

Also unlocked the Team of the Week Elite Zach Mettenberger card yesterday after completing the set and winning out a few 200+ bid auctions for the cards. Has a OVR 86 rating. This version of him has a cannon of an arm. Tested him out in a few games and he's great. Now I need to work on unlocking my second Elite set and finding a Gold coach with +15 LP.

RizzOnMe

Neo Member
Still looking for a Chargers and Titans owner for Madden League!

On Another note im selling Elite Charles Woodson, and Elite Troy Polomau

brentech

Finally completed Texans Elite set. Got MUT collectible and Team Captain Jonathan Joseph (lol EA pls).The MUT Master set is insane. You have to collect every Elite MUT collectible. That is going to take hundreds of hours. In return you get 1 million coins and 99 OVR Madden cover Richard Sherman. Dunno if I have the will to do that set but I'll give it a go.

6a0120a95a88d5970b019b00b04a1d970b-800wi

That'd be working into Dota time

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Seriously guys, podcasts sound awesome. The high council needs to get on that shit.

I think i made a mention of a podcast in passing at some point in the past. The logistics and what we would even talk about prevented me from thinking about it further.

Smokey

I think i made a mention of a podcast in passing at some point in the past. The logistics and what we would even talk about prevented me from thinking about it further.

The same thing sports shows talk about during NFL seasons : week to week games, upsets, playoff race, injures, cheesers like Ram etc. It wouldn't be necessary to do every week. 4 casts, 1 per quarter of the season for like 20 minutes or something could be interesting.

LukeSmith

If I had more time, I'd love to do weekly podcasts. Hell, I wish I had time to do a couple Inside the Numbers series like I did in '12 or '11?

RizzOnMe

Neo Member
we honestly dont even do em weekly its more like every two weeks which is like 4 actual in game advances. plus some times we do our baseball ones

Ramirez

The same thing sports shows talk about during NFL seasons : week to week games, upsets, playoff race, injures, cheesers like Ram etc. It wouldn't be necessary to do every week. 4 casts, 1 per quarter of the season for like 20 minutes or something could be interesting.

oh

SickBoy

So brentech, when are you available to play today/tomorrow? My schedule isn't completely free but I don't have any huge plans...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
pssst... Hey FMT is Crabtree healthy enough for me to start in FF this week? I don't know anyone that follows niners happenings more than you.

Trasher

Let's record our Dota talks in mumble and call it a day
Still wish we had the mumble recorded for that epic game months back where we came back. I was on TA and I know eznark was on TH. I think we joked around at the time about how the Basillius purchase at twelve minutes in was our turning point. I'll never forget eznark's battle cry when we took down their ancient. Lolol

Smokey

If I had more time, I'd love to do weekly podcasts. Hell, I wish I had time to do a couple Inside the Numbers series like I did in '12 or '11?

Something like that should be easier this year? From the coachglass app you can see that EA is throwing out more analytics. I would think trends and tendencies would be easier to track.

SickBoy

I'm logged into playstation app on phone for quick messages; and I'm in madden. So just message me when you're ready.

OK, I'll log on now and brace for the Important Football Questions such as "Why are there four quarters?" and "Are you losing?" (Answers: "Because" and "yes")

Greg

Is all madden too tough for anyone? I personally love the more defensive games but I see some low scoring affairs! What are your thoughts?
keep it All Madden

CPU defensive players have the clear edge, but I'm sure things will start to open up as the weeks go on

the only thing that really sucks is that 99% of the offensive controls seem pointless to even try on All-Madden - unless a user-controlled defensive player makes a stupid mistake, offense is very vanilla once the ball is snapped

Top Bottom