• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I didn't know this Thursday night game was gonna be over so quickly. Food then dota time.

SickBoy

lol the CPU threw like 5 of those INTS and now Fattford is injured for like 4 weeks. GOOD TIMES! Simit injuries ftw! Also lost Fairley too.

Kellen Moore is dogshit, but at least I didn't throw any INTs with him yet!

Hey, when would you like to play?

JABEE

What just happened?

It says your peer has been kicked from the game for excessive griefing.

I just paused the game once when everything was slowing down due to lag. Why does EA do this?

rinse82

Sorry for inactivity guys. Been working so much I don't even see my 4 month old while she's awake.

I expect it to pass but if it doesn't soon I will forego my spot in the league. Also, I will be out of town tommorow and back Monday

JABEE

ez was up 17-7 and was already at close to the 50 when the DC happened.

Edit: So should I just set myself on AP and let ez play again or is it better to play the human opponent. This didn't seem like a normal DC. ez was ahead after the 1st half. We already played some of the third.

Sorry for inactivity guys. Been working so much I don't even see my 4 month old while she's awake.

I expect it to pass but if it doesn't soon I will forego my spot in the league. Also, I will be out of town tommorow and back Monday

Just curious. Do you work in finance related stuff? Sounds exactly like my brother in law's situation. His employer keeps him till 1 in the morning a lot so he also doesn't get to see my niece much.

eznark

Banned
ez was up 17-7 and was already at close to the 50 when the DC happened.

Edit: So should I just set myself on AP and let ez play again or is it better to play the human opponent. This didn't seem like a normal DC. ez was ahead after the 1st half. We already played some of the third.

No biggie, I don't have time to play another one, if you want to play the CPU go ahead or we can sim it.

Gg FMT. I kept attacking your user defender, what a great gameplan! I played a weird O. Julius, my top receiver, had 1 rec.

gg brotha. got away with a couple throws where i misread the D and you dropped picks. i was determined to not get bogged down with running all the time on early downs so i called some plays early that i usually wouldn't and it worked out.... this time. that strategy is usually a recipe for disaster since i'll start turning the ball over

BigAT

So the real Bucs show up for their games as much as DM does.
cool.gif

LJ11

Do you think the 980 is worth 549 or should I just get the 970 and wait for the better card to come out?

Just to piggyback on your question, I'm thinking of selling this 780 GTX Classified, 3GB. I should have sold this thing a month ago, taken the $430-50 they go for on Ebay, and put aside for the new cards.... Do I really want to start doing this...

It's the power consumption on the new cards that tempt me. Plus the added ram...

Edit: Buying a card last fall/winter was awful.

Smokey

Do you think the 980 is worth 549 or should I just get the 970 and wait for the better card to come out?

Just to piggyback on your question, I'm thinking of selling this 780 GTX Classified, 3GB. I should have sold this thing a month ago, taken the $430-50 they go for on Ebay, and put aside for the new cards.... Do I really want to start doing this...

It's the power consumption on the new cards that tempt me. Plus the added ram...

Edit: Buying a card last fall/winter was awful.

9/18/2014. The day AMD died. RIP in peace.

Soka - Get the 970. Stop playing the waiting game...you'll be doing that forever.

LJ - You can still get a decent amount for it. GPUs hold their resale really well.

Smokey

Legit thinking of getting 3x 970s and selling 1 of my 3 Titan Blacks...that would be...amazing.

3x 970s for maybe $500 or so when if that were to happen

;__;

Games Remaining

Kurruptt Jets @ oneeyedjacks Patriots
Storybook Falcons @ gQman Ravens
TigerRag Seahawks @ LJ Rams
Splat Bengals @ Luke Colts
DCX Vikings @ rinse Bills
Fisheye Saints @ Trash Lions
Jabee Panthers @ Eznark Packers
Wellie Giants @ Somnia Cowboys
Smokey Texans @ Ram Steelers

Injury Report

Bears

DE J. Allen :: 2 weeks :: Dislocated Knee
Bills
HB CJ Spiller :: 2 weeks :: abdominal tear
Buccaneers
DT G. McCoy :: 1 week :: Pulled Groin
RG J. Meredith :: 6 weeks :: upper arm fracture
Chargers
MLB M. Te'o :: 1 week :: Pulled Groin
Colts
OLB R. Mathis :: 2 weeks :: Broken ribs
Eagles
QB N. Foles :: 1 week :: abdominal tear
Jaguars
QB B. Bortles :: 3 weeks :: dislocated ankle
Jets
QB G. Smith :: 1 week :: Pulled Groin
Lions
DT N. Fairley :: 1 week :: pulled groin
QB M. stafford :: 3 weeks :: shoulder tear
LG R. sims :: 5 weeks :: Upper arm fracture
Ravens
MLB J. bynes :: 5 weeks :: broken collarbone
Saints
QB D. Brees :: 1 week :: Broken toe
Steelers
QB B. Roethlisberger :: 2 weeks :: partial ACL tear

LJ11

9/18/2014. The day AMD died. RIP in peace.

Soka - Get the 970. Stop playing the waiting game...you'll be doing that forever.

LJ - You can still get a decent amount for it. GPUs hold their resale really well.

How much do you think I could get? Haven't sold a thing on ebay for years, any better options available?

Smokey

How much do you think I could get? Haven't sold a thing on ebay for years, any better options available?

EBay should be last resort imo. You get fleeced with fees. I've sold all of my GPUs through GAF B/S/T thread or other more PC centric forums.

The 780 classified you have is tough because the 970 looks to be faster than a 780, but for 329 and more VRAM. So now that I think about it you're probably better off holding onto the card unless you want to sell it in $200ish range.

And it looks like nvidia discontinued the 700 series except for the 760...

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=897830

Will probably make it a much tougher sale.

LJ11

EBay should be last resort imo. You get fleeced with fees. I've sold all of my GPUs through GAF B/S/T thread or other more PC centric forums.

The 780 classified you have is tough because the 970 looks to be faster than a 780, but for 329 and more VRAM. So now that I think about it you're probably better off holding onto the card unless you want to sell it in $200ish range.

Right, there's no fucking way anyone would give much for it unless there a god damn moron.

Different story 4-6 weeks ago.

Smokey

Actually...Since you have a very specific model (Classified) the fact that they are discontuining could work in your favor. I'll be on the lookout for anyone who might be interested in that card on some of the PC forums I visit. There's people who only buy second hand cards at a time like this. You just have to be lucky and catch it in time.

Right, there's no fucking way anyone would give much for it unless there a god damn moron.

Different story 4-6 weeks ago.

People may have one already and are looking to SLI. There's always someone out there that needs what you got. You just have to find them!

Sokantish

FF13 is bad, right? $11 on Steam.

It's really bad, it may get better after 20 hours like Az says but not that much better

Actually...Since you have a very specific model (Classified) the fact that they are discontuining could work in your favor. I'll be on the lookout for anyone who might be interested in that card on some of the PC forums I visit. There's people who only buy second hand cards at a time like this. You just have to be lucky and catch it in time.

There's like 7 different 970s on Newegg, which one do I get?!

Sokantish

Well I mean I still finished it, and it's not the worst jRPG I've played... Star Ocean 4 or Infinite Undiscovery wins that. It is really bad though

Top Bottom