• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '15 PS4 League Thread: We Know DOTA

eznark

Banned
I just had a meeting with something called the character council, asking me to help them promote Business of Character.

At one point the woman (who had a great rack and I basically just kept saying in my head "take your shirt off" as she babbled) said "...things like alcohol and drugs, we know you can't be productive the next day if you drink three or four beers the night before" and I started laughing involuntarily because on my desk at home there are probably 10 empty beer bottles from last night and I made it to this 8:30 meeting just fine. Dumb broad.

It's obvious why they consider me a Person of Character.

Smokey

970/980 tomorrow get hypeeeed

Early benchmark shows the 980 256-bit card to be 15% faster than 512-bit 290x while consuming 150w less than that card. The 320 970 is an even better deal AMD is fuucckkkeddd.

And these are technically Nvidias midrange Maxwell cards (even though they won't be sold as such) which means the 980Ti/Titan II is going to sit on AMD even more. They could completely drive AMD out of business if they really wanted to.

Sokantish

970/980 tomorrow get hypeeeed

Early benchmark shows the 980 256-bit card to be 15% faster than 512-bit 290x while consuming 150w less than that card. The 320 970 is an even better deal AMD is fuucckkkeddd.

And these are technically Nvidias midrange Maxwell cards (even though they won't be sold as such) which means the 980Ti/Titan II is going to sit on AMD even more. They could completely drive AMD out of business if they really wanted to.

Wait these are midrange? So when do the really good ones come out?

Smokey

I have a 780ti, am I going to have to get one of these?

No. 980Ti should be the real successor go that card.

Wait these are midrange? So when do the really good ones come out?

Probably 8+ months or so. They'll probably launch it as TITAN II and then do 980Ti. They ARE an improvement over 700 series and NV will sell them as the fastest GPU etc etc. But behind the scenes this is really their midrange card.

The 970/980 have a 256-bit bus vs 384-bit on 780Ti. That's a clue right there..

Smokey

Wait for a die shrink, if nvidia can figure it out.

Its not up to them TSMC is to blame there. We've been waiting 2+ years for it and that's why these are still on 28mn.

Here's what I was getting at earlier about the mid range thing

You normally expect a new high end card to be way more than a 10 percent perfromance jump...
People asking these questions is normal, give a product a misleading name and you will cause confusion.

It's not a high end card, it doesn't have a high end price (thank fucking god), but people who see "980" and don't follow gpu news won't know that.

LiveWire

This year's version I'd say defense has more of an advantage. I've literally seen DBs teleport to make an interception. Like frames were missed or something .

It's a tricky issue and I don't expect anything to change. I just don't get why manual DB has still been allowed in this Ball Hawk era and the offensive player is forced to watch the fuckery.

This has been happening since Madden 10, you're just noticing now? Also, switching to a defender when the ball is in mid-air: the defender moves MUCH faster when controller by a player than the CPU. It's what allows for unrealistic coverage when a defender can be way out of position but still recover for not only a pass deflection but an interception for passes which should be open.

eznark

Banned
You probably throw more interceptions in the span of 3 games than smokey would in a season. Its not his fault he has less opportunities.

4BA029FB88DA29D1B646D97818C2B613265B6985

ACE 1991

So how impenetrable is the latest madden for someone who has only very recently gotten into football in general? I hear this year's game is supposed to be good, and it seems like it might be a good way to learn more about how the sport works.

Smokey

So how impenetrable is the latest madden for someone who has only very recently gotten into football in general? I hear this year's game is supposed to be good, and it seems like it might be a good way to learn more about how the sport works.

The skills trainer is amazing this year. It explains concepts of football on the offensive and defensive side.

LiveWire

You probably throw more interceptions in the span of 3 games than smokey would in a season. Its not his fault he has less opportunities.

I'm not making that many bad throws; but I got sick of the same bullshit from Madden, so I retired from it. I'll give you credit though, you have a higher tolerance for masochism--10 years of Madden leagues and still no rings for you. Here's to your next 10 years without a ring!

brentech

So I just got a new level of something or other, and in my mail had a legendary gift with 2 legendary engrams and 1 rare engram.
1 of the legendary engrams gave me ascendant shards. 1 gave me green boots.
The rare engram gave me legendary boots.

crazy.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm not making that many bad throws; but I got sick of the same bullshit from Madden, so I retired from it.

You reitred from it because you lost your beloved team to mcneily and took your ball and went home. Though i probably should have stopped reading at "im not making that many bad throws". That kind of delusion is like a big glaring warning sign for the rest of the post.

eznark

Banned
You reitred from it because you lost your beloved team to mcneily and took your ball and went home. Though i probably should have stopped reading at "im not making that many bad throws". That kind of delusion is like a big glaring warning sign for the rest of the post.

I'm not running into the tower and buying back constantly!

Jets @ Patriots
Falcons @ Ravens
Titans @ Redskins
Seahawks @ Rams
Browns @ Jaguars
Bengals @ Colts
Vikings @ Bills
Dolphins @ Bears
Saints @ Lions
Panthers @ Packers
Chiefs @ Chargers
Cardinals @ Raiders
Giants @ Cowboys
49ers @ Broncos
Texans @ Steelers - GAME OF THE WEEK

Next advance: Sunday evening...at let's say 10 ET?

Ah, fuck, I forgot to change to All-Madden. Hopping on to do that now. Don't start yet if anyone was waiting!

Man, this multiple commish thing is great, but I hope EA looks at what MLB The Show did as far as commish flexibility (The only portion about online you would ever want to steal from them)

Passing Leaders
NE Tom Brady :: 267.7 YPG :: 16 TDs :: 1 INT :: 12 Sacks :: 119.1 QBR :: 71% Completions
DET Matthew Stafford :: 227.6 YPG :: 4 TDs :: 13 INTs :: 8 sacks :: 58.9 QBR :: 63% Completions
MIA Ryan Tannehill :: 223.6 YPG :: 8 TDs :: 11 INTs :: 16 Sacks :: 72.3 QBR :: 57% Completions

Receiving Leaders

MIA Mike Wallace :: 99.6 YPG :: 5 TDs :: 262 YAC
NE Rob Gronkowski :: 88.0 YPG :: 9 TDs :: 109 YAC
MIN Cordarrelle Patterson :: 82.2 YPG :: 1 TD :: 149 YAC

Rushing Leaders

TEN Dexter McCluster :: 103.5 YPG :: 6.3 YPC :: 6 TDs :: 1 Fumble
WAS Alfred Morris :: 95.5 YPG :: 5.2 YPC :: 5 TDs :: 0 Fumbles
HOU Arian Foster :: 88.3 YPG :: 4.1 YPC :: 5 TDs :: 0 INTs

Kicking Leaders
PIT Shaun Suisham :: 58 Long :: 90% FG
PHI Alex Henery :: 56 Long :: 66% FG
NE Stephen Gostkowski :: 54 Long :: 81%