• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DJ Bowser

Actually we did wait like a full 24 hr period. My current center was like an RG or something. and my LG was an RG too - from the first draft
We waited after the first draft but not after the second.

If you're trying to develop a guy switching his actual position is worthwhile.

If he's old, just switch him in the depth chart.

Also, hopefully the playoffs will occur quicker than all that. I fully support a weeknight draft though- the later the start the better.

Bread

Banned
Lol you can put your Gs at T and vice versa and it gives you the same effect. You can literally do this at any time.

For instance, Ahmad brooks is a 74 rated OLB. If I put him at MLB he is an 84. I can do this whenever I want
You can only officially change some positions at that post draft stage. Stuff like TE to WR or LB to Safety. Others like offensive or defensive lineman can always be put at the other positions so it doesn't make a difference.

Lol you can put your Gs at T and vice versa and it gives you the same effect. You can literally do this at any time.

For instance, Ahmad brooks is a 74 rated OLB. If I put him at MLB he is an 84. I can do this whenever I want

Yeah but I can't upgrade certain attributes for a player because of his position. Unless I'm completely blind there is no way to upgrade a running back's run blocking like there is for a full back. Sure I can put him in at FB on the depth chart with no issue but I can't upgrade him!

DJ Bowser

Yeah but I can't upgrade certain attributes for a player because of his position. Unless I'm completely blind there is no way to upgrade a running back's run blocking like there is for a full back. Sure I can put him in at FB on the depth chart with no issue but I can't upgrade him!
This is true and makes me recant my last post about not switching positions of old players.

BUT!.. You can change a players position during free agency as well.

Somnia

You can only officially change some positions at that post draft stage. Stuff like TE to WR or LB to Safety. Others like offensive or defensive lineman can always be put at the other positions so it doesn't make a difference.

Correct and for stat advancement (what little there is) you want to officially change their position, sadly last season we didn't have that option.

Colasante

You can't change tackles to guards now. I've been playing a tackle at left guard and a center at right guard and I'm unable to actually edit their position, I can only rearrange them on the depth chart.

Somnia

During the free agency bidding period and offseason I'm fairly certain you can edit positions.

I don't believe that's true our only chance was after the draft which we quickly advanced through. If it is it still didn't give us time to swap someone we drafted.

Somnia

You can't change tackles to guards now. I've been playing a tackle at left guard and a center at right guard and I'm unable to actually edit their position, I can only rearrange them on the depth chart.

You can during certain periods of the off season.

brentech

Because of both this, and the experience packages relying on a player being in a certain position, there needs to be a window to change a players position. (For instance, if I have a OLB that I want to play MLB, sure, I can plug him into the position, but he could not gain extra experience because he's not actually a MLB).
That is not a change that can be made now. It can ONLY be made at the window where it tells you so.

During the free agency bidding period and offseason I'm fairly certain you can edit positions.

That's fine and all, but it doesn't help with rookies.

rinse82

I didn't even care that much about winning until you ran the FB Dive! Then justice had to be served.

I got FB-dived by last year's Super Bowl champ 2 weeks ago.

So my honour went out the window after that.

Also, I was sad that you went to the dark side of D-Line play Cola. Very disapointing.

DJ Bowser

I got FB-dived by last year's Super Bowl champ 2 weeks ago.

So my honour went out the window after that.

Also, I was sad that you went to the dark side of D-Line play Cola. Very disapointing.

bryanrichards2.gif

MADDENGAF FIGHT WITHOUT HONOR

Also, let's not pretend people weren't calling FB Dive in season one. It's not a new thing. If they aren't abusing it in every short yardage situation, who cares? Don't go Chicken Little about the state of the league because of it.

rinse82

Also, let's not pretend people weren't calling FB Dive in season one. It's not a new thing. If they aren't abusing it in every short yardage situation, who cares? Don't go Chicken Little about the state of the league because of it.

I'm confused, are you talking to me?

DJ Bowser

I'm confused, are you talking to me?
No. I mean saying "OMG 4 people have called FB dive, the league is going downhill!" Is idiotic.

I probably had 4 people use it on me in the first season, let alone since. The "sky is falling" shit is probably what leads to people losing interest (because when you hear something repeatedly, you may believe it) more than anyone's style of play.

No. I mean saying "OMG 4 people have called FB dive, the league is going downhill!" Is idiotic.

I probably had 4 people use it on me in the first season, let alone since. The "sky is falling" shit is probably what leads to people losing interest (because when you hear something repeatedly, you may believe it) more than anyone's style of play.

Sounds like Luke's inside the numbers got you shook!

DJ Bowser

Sounds like Luke's inside the numbers got you shook!
Bruh, McKay was moved out of the slot long before that. Once I realized it was more than a few people that felt it was garbage, I changed it. Don't try to escape the impending beatdown with mind games!

Anyone calling me cheesy or exploitative now is just being douchey.

I also don't run FB dive or QB sneak... Until I make the heel turn that seems to be necessary.

Bruh, McKay was moved out of the slot long before that. Once I realized it was more than a few people that felt it was garbage, I changed it. Don't try to escape the impending beatdown with mind games!

I also don't run FB dive or QB sneak... Until I make the heel turn that seems to be necessary.

I personally don't care where you have mcvay. All of my corners are mediocre so it makes no difference. I handled you with mckay in the slot and I'll handle him again on the outside!

DJ Bowser

I personally don't care where you have mcvay. All of my corners are mediocre so it makes no difference. I handled you with mckay in the slot and I'll handle him again on the outside!

Rodgers had butterflies playing his first game for America's Team in America's Stadium. Now that he's settled into MVP form and I understand that soul-sucking misery that is defending Knile Davis, it will be much tougher for you.

No interceptions this time!

Though if my game against LJ and DC game against CB are any indication, I'll throw 4-6.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

:( I'm sorry brother

LJ11

FB dive defense.

3-4 Odd, blitz both MLBs, take the safety and move him right between the MLBs and behind the NT, enjoy your tackle for a loss. I'm running FB dive, if you can't stop it's your fault.

Friend, given the way things bounced for you in our first several games, I can't blame you for the 4th down FB dive on the goal line.

If I had the balls I could have run committed but I feared a pitch.

That's what it comes down to, I'm sick of getting stuffed on short yardage because of run commit, so why give my opponent an out by not running dive. Besides everyone now has FB dive defense if they use 3-4. There's a 4-3 under set up too, think it's blitz every LB but the SLB. Not sure though, haven't used 4-3 to stuff the run this year.

Splat

FB dive defense.

3-4 Odd, blitz both MLBs, take the safety and move him right between the MLBs and behind the NT, enjoy your tackle for a loss. I'm running FB dive, if you can't stop it's your fault.

How do I change my playbook mid-game?

Top Bottom