• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just over here doing Kap justice.

CSk2bv0WsAAQv7w.jpg

Colasante

Broken Records, 2017 Season

Most Receiving Yards, Single Season
Old Record: Calvin Johnson (Lions)- 1,964 yards
New Record: Tyronne McKay (Cowboys)- 2,390 yards

Most Passing Yards, Single Season
Old Record: Peyton Manning (Broncos)- 5,477 yards
New Record: Aaron Rodgers (Cowboys)- 5,761 yards

Most Interceptions, Single Season
Old Record: Dick "Night Train" Lane (LA Rams)- 14 interceptions
New Record: Brandon Marshall (Raiders)- 17 interceptions

Most Interceptions Thrown, Single Season
Old Record: George Blanda (Tennessee Oilers)- 41 interceptions
New Record: Derek Carr (Raiders)- 46 interceptions

Most Interceptions, Single Game
Old Record: DeAngelo Hall (Redskins) + 14 others- 4 interceptions
New Record: Jamie Collins (Patriots)- 5 interceptions

Almost Broken Records, 2017 Season

Most Rushing Yards, Single Season
Current Record: Eric Dickerson (LA Rams)- 2,105 yards
Almost Record: Tevin Coleman (Falcons)- 2,056 yards

By my calculations, Tevin Coleman averaged 120.9 yards per game. If you take out the Patriots game, Coleman averaged 127.25 yards per game. If Coleman had ran for his average yardage against the Patriots he would've ended the season with 2,163 yards, breaking the NFL record. Shucks!

Sokantish

Brandon Marshall getting 17 interceptions wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for Derek Carr turning the ball over so much. What a team player
Phee is honorable and plays motes as his #1 wr, so yes

Hey, I have a question. My drafted WR ain't too bad himself, but you'd still put Cooper as #1, right?

DJ Bowser

Not really considering I don't use cheap ass exploits to get my guy 2000+ yards
You clearly missed Luke's statistical breakdown.

I also meant that to shit on Cutler- not you or Motes. But that's not at all clear in the post. Late night me isn't the best me.

So we're totes getting some playoff action tonight right?

Got to find out what the final reverse standings are for the top of the draft.

I know these are the tiers:

1. Dolphins 0-16
2. Titans 1-15
3. Broncos 2-14
4. Packers 3-13

5. Jets 4-11

6. Ravens 5-11
7. Panthers 5-11
8. Racists 5-11

9. Lions 5-10

10. Giants 6-10
11. Browns 6-10
12. Cardinals 6-10

13. Saints 6-9

14. Seahawks 8-8
15. Jaguars 8-8
16. Raiders 8-8

17. Bills 9-7
18. Chargers 9-7
19. Bucs 9-7

20. Colts 9-6

Two picks in the first, one should be in the 5-9 range and the other will be 9-13. How exciting!

Nightz

So I hit the countdown timer in XCOM 2. On my way to do the mission to stop the timer, I get another mission prompt to rescue a captured soldier...Luke Smith. Save Luke or save the world? Decisions, decisions.

Go Jets!

I need that Ravens pick to go as high as possible!

I've got the whole day off. I might do a mock draft given what our standings are now. Actually no I'm not.....because I would pretty much give my scouting up!

Or maybe I will...

eznark

Banned
So I hit the countdown timer in XCOM 2. On my way to do the mission to stop the timer, I get another mission prompt to rescue a captured soldier...Luke Smith. Save Luke or save the world? Decisions, decisions.

Someone in the "favorite game journalist" thread said Luke was their favorite. Don't let that guy down.

You have plenty of time to do both! I stopped the timer with like 2 days left. Also, the mission is kinda easy. You can just throw a grenade at the wall right next to the place you put the c4, run in, plant the c4, drop an evac point right outside, peace out. I was kinda surprised.

BigAT

Actually whenever. Everyone asked for the office to be closed since it snowed a tiny bit and I am not the monster you guys think I am.

Can go right now!

Painting your desire to stay home and play video games as a magnanimous gesture on your part is some impressive bullshitting.

Hopefully I can get my QB of the future at 17

I had the 13th pick last year and 4 were taken before I got to my pick. Although with this draft I honestly have no idea. Looking at the top 13, the worst attributed-QB of the lot is actually Cutler. Was looking through everyone else's and it seems like most have built up their guys to have good accuracy but who the hell knows.

The QBs in this draft are trash. And while Cutler may not be accurate his 98 THP is something to behold.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thought I would be the #9 pick, fuck!

OK so I still have a ton of holes and we are nearing the end of this franchise. If anyone wants to trade up for an impact player in the draft I am open for it. I am looking to swap first rounders and get another pick.

I have too many needs, two players in my secondary, outside linebacker, interior lineman, DE, QB to start. Everyone has too much money so addressing some of these in FA will be a crap shoot.

I picked early last year and I got what looks like will be NFC DROY. I really wanted the guy Drizz took tho, and he's AFC DROY. Traded my 2nd rounder this year for DCX's Riley, turned out pretty good for me. 1200 or so yards in 12 games, 11 TDs

DJ Bowser

I lucked out in my trade with Drizz last year. He ended up changing the terms of the trade and he got a better player from me, but I got what turned into the 33rd pick this season.

I hope I can make the draft.

I really gotta see how my players regressed before re-signing and knowing what to draft. There's a few players I have that I like but are 30 or 31 and are hitting that time when they could go from 85 speed to 75 speed suddenly or to lose a bunch of important stats. I am terrified this is what will happen to Jerod Mayo and Calais Campbell.

I really gotta see how my players regressed before re-signing and knowing what to draft. There's a few players I have that I like but are 30 or 31 and are hitting that time when they could go from 85 speed to 75 speed suddenly or to lose a bunch of important stats. I am terrified this is what will happen to Jerod Mayo and Calais Campbell.

Thomas Davis is up for re-signing and I'm going to let him go. He's already at 78 speed. Time for Shaq Thompson to shine!

DJ Bowser

I'm terrified of the regression coming for Sean Lee and Orlando Scandrick. If the Madden Gods truly hate me, Rolando McClain will regress as well and my defense will return to the cellar.

Oh, and Dez. Poor Dez.

rinse82

My team is relatively young so no real regression risk for the most part. Except maybe Jake Long.

I fully expect Kyle Williams to retire so will need to sign a DT in Free Agency or draft one.

I just hope Brent Grimes retires. I played him this year even tho he has 80 spd. Cost me quite a few long TDs, but then again he lead the team in INTs. I dont want to have to cut him.

nope he just went to pre-season week 1 which I don't think we need to do

I can mess around in my offline franchise and figure out the off-season stages again unless someone has it saved somewhere. how long do we usually take for the playoffs? my guess is that wild card round is tonight and tomorrow, divisional/conference round thursday/friday/saturday, and then the super bowl probably gets played sometime over the weekend

which means the draft could be on a THURSDAY?

I think it's 3 rounds of FA and one last stage of scouting before the draft

no you can't switch certain positions after that week. I told you this in the pre-season when I couldn't move my guards to tackles or whatever the hell it was!

Lol you can put your Gs at T and vice versa and it gives you the same effect. You can literally do this at any time.

For instance, Ahmad brooks is a 74 rated OLB. If I put him at MLB he is an 84. I can do this whenever I want

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lol you can put your Gs at T and vice versa and it gives you the same effect. You can literally do this at any time.

For instance, Ahmad brooks is a 74 rated OLB. If I put him at MLB he is an 84. I can do this whenever I want

Some of the ratings take a hit. I know that if you move guys along the OL they lose like 20 AWR points and potentially other stuff, but that's what I noticed.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Actually we did wait like a full 24 hr period. My current center was like an RG or something. and my LG was an RG too - from the first draft

Some of the ratings take a hit. I know that if you move guys along the OL they lose like 20 AWR points and potentially other stuff, but that's what I noticed.

They don't NOT take a hit the other way though. Any hit they take with position changes they would still take if you just put them at that spot

Top Bottom