• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LJ11

Try the 4-3 under setup, just blitz WLB/MLB, fucking risky though. So is the 3-4, seam wide open and you can get killed by the toss. That's the problem with dive, when it's combo'd with toss, but none of us do that shit. If you run a dive once in a blue, and we all have D for it, we can't cry about it! We all have D, probably other ways to stop it, but it's what I use.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Try the 4-3 under setup, just blitz WLB/MLB, fucking risky though. So is the 3-4, seam wide open and you can get killed by the toss. That's the problem with dive, when it's combo'd with toss, but none of us do that shit. If you run a dive once in a blue, and we all have D for it, we can't cry about it! We all have D, probably other ways to stop it, but it's what I use.

Lol what. I think everyone I've seen run FB dive will combo it with goalline toss. Thats what makes those two things super hard to defend. I'm lucky enough to have a fast MLB I user than can stop toss as long as I guess it's coming before hand or quick enough to read it at the snap. But on goal line when you have to consider FB dive or QB sneak, its very hard to properly defend both. I get that FB dive is supposed to be that way, but toss is so hard to defend because the AI defenders take such dumb angles trying to get the RB.

LJ11

Me thinks some of these playoff games are gonna end in some sour.

No one got a better laugh than Bob when he bounced me last year in a playoff game. I think I hurled everything at him on an open mic I thought was closed, LOL. He fucking ran mesh all game. I swear, that Bob game made me go back and start playing tons of Madden. I couldn't even stop a fucking drag, or user int that shit. Then I started playing MUT....

I actually want to stream and talk but want to keep to us only, don't need to be trolled midstream.

Lol what. I think everyone I've seen run FB dive will combo it with goalline toss. Thats what makes those two things super hard to defend. I'm lucky enough to have a fast MLB I user than can stop toss as long as I guess it's coming before hand or quick enough to read it at the snap. But on goal line when you have to consider FB dive or QB sneak, its very hard to properly defend both. I get that FB dive is supposed to be that way, but toss is so hard to defend because the AI defenders take such dumb angles trying to get the RB.

Yeah, you do have a point CB, but no one does it repeatedly, no one should anyway. I ran like two FB dives the entire season, first two in forever, since I know you guys hate that shit, both at midfield. I'll exercise good judgement, don't intend on using it, but you never know!

I just don't run FB dive and I've run a toss play once this season.... also don't run many screens.

With regards to screens it sucks because it's not even on my mind to do it but u really should run them against big blitzes (which lj crushed me with). We will see come playoff time!

LJ11

I just don't run FB dive and I've run a toss play once this season.... also don't run many screens.

With regards to screens it sucks because it's not even on my mind to do it but u really should run them against big blitzes (which lj crushed me with). We will see come playoff time!

I ran a lot of screens last year FMT, not this year, there's a risk in running them. Man coverage works, and you can't audible your WRs or HB to run a different/quicker route as check down. It's funny because I usually sniff screens out but I don't jump it, reaction is too slow, there has to be a tell because some guys are great at it. I'm content with spilling it inside. HB screens are going weakside 95% of the time, away from some trips formation or away from TE.

With regards to toss, I'm running tosses, your not doing yourself favors by just run inside zone, dive, or stretch, need to keep D off balance. I haven't run much power, but I do run some counters, counters can work really good if the backside numbers are in your favor, no S in box.

Smokey

Lol everything is damn near outlawed or if not it's with qualifiers so that you won't be accused of treason.

The only time I actually hear about dive or sneak is here. I don't think I've seen it in a stream.

Screens are pretty easy to spot and see coming.

DJ Bowser

Lol everything is damn near outlawed or if not it's with qualifiers so that you won't be accused of treason.

The only time I actually hear about dive or sneak is here. I don't think I've seen it in a stream.

"Did that work? Then ban it!"

LJ11

LJ with the hard heel turn. That Dan Marino legacy is starting to grate I think.

Nah, I'm good, I'm just going to do what I've been doing. Honestly, I've been a bigger dick in other years, I think a lot of us have grown soft as we've gotten older. I think I play pretty straight, at least when I'm not playing CB, lol.

LukeSmith

I've ran dives and sneaks throughout the year to set up the toss in late situations.

Did it against GQ and Cola both IIRC.

Big part of the game is the head games.

I ran a lot of screens last year FMT, not this year, there's a risk in running them. Man coverage works, and you can't audible your WRs or HB to run a different/quicker route as check down. It's funny because I usually sniff screens out but I don't jump it, reaction is too slow, there has to be a tell because some guys are great at it. I'm content with spilling it inside. HB screens are going weakside 95% of the time, away from some trips formation or away from TE.

With regards to toss, I'm running tosses, your not doing yourself favors by just run inside zone, dive, or stretch, need to keep D off balance. I haven't run much power, but I do run some counters, counters can work really good if the backside numbers are in your favor, no S in box.

part of the reason i stopped running tosses is because i seem to get stuffed everytime on them, not because im an honorable person! although... with knile davis... who can say!

playoffs are starting tonight right? Do we know who's gonna play?

i know im going to fuck bowser up tonight. not sure about the other games!

BigAT

It always shocks me to see people decrying tosses this year. I have yet to have any problem defending them and I don't get much when I run them.

They're really only super effective against people who guess run mid, which deserves to be harshly punished.

My game against either FMT or CB (depending on Birdman's result vs Trasher I think) will likely be played tonight.

Hopefully Smokey and Luke play double headers as well!

Edit: are you sure we even play, FMT?

i 100% guarantee we play if the vikings win (because he has a better conference record than you). if the vikings lose then obviously no we dont.

It always shocks me to see people decrying tosses this year. I have yet to have any problem defending them and I don't get much when I run them.

They're really only super effective against people who guess run mid, which deserves to be harshly punished.

i dont really have an issue with people running toss anymore than any other running play. the two that are junk are fb/qb dive

you also have a worse conference record than the falcons. you played neither the falcons nor the vikings head to head so you would be the 4th seed (again... if the vikings win).

The one time I didn't run a FB Dive/QB Sneak in a crucial situation I got straight nano blitzed before my QB could even hand it off. Considering how impossible it is to stop people who manually shoot the gaps on running plays I don't see the crime in FB Dive/QB Sneak.

The one time I didn't run a FB Dive/QB Sneak in a crucial situation I got straight nano blitzed before my QB could even hand it off. Considering how impossible it is to stop people who manually shoot the gaps on running plays I don't see the crime in FB Dive/QB Sneak.

thats like saying "the one time i didn't scramble out of the pocket immediately after the snap i got sacked! #NoMore!"

the problem with FB dive and QB sneak is that they are both ridiculously difficult to stop. they aren't unstoppable but you have to compromise your entire defense in order to do it. as for people being great manual defenders.... i mean yeah. thems the breaks! thats why it can be fun faking them out. try passing on 3rd and inches!

DJ Bowser

It's against the rules to manually blitz though.

Those people should be hung.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've called FB dive exactly twice in Madden 16, both against Bowser in the same game. You guys are wasting your time trying to plan against me using it.

I've stopped FB Dive before, but you have to guess what side it's going and slide the DL over, that's how I have been able to. You can't allow a double team or you're fucked.

There's no formation that has a toss as an audible and we aren't allowed to run custom PBs. When you could pick your audibles back in the day, this was my bread and butter tho.

Regardless, this year's game has kind of fucked me up in that I prefer to run inside but outside runs often get fucked up because LBs on the weakside will often just bring you down from behind. Stretches and counters are almost useless for me, not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. I default to tosses since they are the only plays that get me past the weak side support.

Disappointing year for me, my running game hasn't been as effective as before. I am missing a piece inside but I am just not a fan of any run call this year except singleback doubles dive of course.

It's against the rules to manually blitz though.

Those people should be hung.

Literally everyone that players user LBer or Safety shoots the game so fast that it is practically impossible to run against them. At least against top tier players in this league. Most of the time the AI doesn't even block it.

thats like saying "the one time i didn't scramble out of the pocket immediately after the snap i got sacked! #NoMore!"

the problem with FB dive and QB sneak is that they are both ridiculously difficult to stop. they aren't unstoppable but you have to compromise your entire defense in order to do it. as for people being great manual defenders.... i mean yeah. thems the breaks! thats why it can be fun faking them out. try passing on 3rd and inches!

Everything in this game is impossible to stop and we aren't all equally skilled. So who is most at fault, EA, the people who run FB dive, or the top tier players in this league for being bet†er than the rest of us?

DJ Bowser

Literally everyone that players user LBer or Safety shoots the game so fast that it is practically impossible to run against them. At least against top tier players in this league. Most of the time the AI doesn't even block it.
I forgot about it being legal against the run. But you're right that the people that are very good against the run are able to shoot through almost instantly. The only saving grace is when they're playing safety usually they're looking overtop and can't shoot the gap.

I forgot about it being legal against the run. But you're right that the people that are very good against the run are able to shoot through almost instantly. The only saving grace is when they're playing safety usually they're looking overtop and can't shoot the gap.

You say that and then I have people rocket their safeties into my back field right as I finish handing it off.

At least play action sort of works this year.

BigAT

I would recommend you get interior offensive linemen that are all rated 90+.
And stop playing in a division with LJ and FMT.

Colasante

Whoa, I just realized there is a set of triplets in the draft, all projected to go in the first round. WR Antonio French and CBs Ikeem French and Darrick French. I wanna collect them all.

Top Bottom