• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Sokantish

splat luke said "prob"

also, i looked into my boy TLBB's assertion about awareness and i just dont know. at the beginning of the season (with the rosters we used), kaps awareness was at an "ok" 71. he is now at a 42. how he dropped 30 points in awareness i dont know (he is over 30 now in the game but im not sure how age would drop awareness.... you would think it would increase it if anything)

a guy like stafford (high on INT's) started our franchise at a 76 and is now a 63.

derek carr started at a 70 awr and is now up to a 71...

so i dont know!

I put some points into awareness to see if that would magically fix my bad decisions. Surprise, it didn't!

Guys, the Madden dev team doesn't know what AWR does, what makes you think you've got it figured out?

i dont think i have it figured out but it is strange that of all stats would drop with age alone. kaps speed/accel/etc. hasn't really fallen off but his awr drops 30 points in 3 seasons?

DCX

DCX
matt ryan started our franchise at an 88 rating in AWR. he is now a 55. he has a lower AWR rating than ryan mallett
Exactly. It's not an excuse for my bad throws, I know I make bad reads at times but I have been a far better QB than I used to be and some throws are no way near the target.

It's one thing to not make a tough pass in tripple coverage but to over throw a drag is ridiculous.

With that all said. 12-4, 11-5 and 12-4. Maybe it's just how it is and it effects us all in some way, shape or form.

DCX

eznark

Banned
God damn AT, the place I went to actually had those PXG's in stock. Only $350 per club too, depending on the shaft. I hit a few of the "tour" version and my god it was butter.

Ended up testing irons for 150 minutes. Went with a mixed bag of Titleist T-MB long irons, Callaway XR pro 5i - 50' wedge and Ben Hogan TK wedges 54/58/62.

Gonna go back next week when the clubs all come in and see about fitting for a new driver. That was the most fun I have had in ages.

Exactly. It's not an excuse for my bad throws, I know I make bad reads at times but I have been a far better QB than I used to be and some throws are no way near the target.

It's one thing to not make a tough pass in tripple coverage but to over throw a drag is ridiculous.

With that all said. 12-4, 11-5 and 12-4. Maybe it's just how it is and it effects us all in some way, shape or form.

DCX

That's a really good attitude to have about the whole thing sir, I retract my previous statement

LukeSmith

God damn AT, the place I went to actually had those PXG's in stock. Only $350 per club too, depending on the shaft. I hit a few of the "tour" version and my god it was butter.

Ended up testing irons for 150 minutes. Went with a mixed bag of Titleist T-MB long irons, Callaway XR pro 5i - 50' wedge and Ben Hogan TK wedges 54/58/62.

Gonna go back next week when the clubs all come in and see about fitting for a new driver. That was the most fun I have had in ages.

I am going to get back into golf this summer. Is PXG state of the art?

Splat - 8 p.m. is fine

DCX

this is true ultimately. i can complain about kap missing some throws last night, but i still threw 65% completion and had close to 300 yards passing. i threw a god awful pick 6 which was completely my fault, a pick over the middle where there were guys pretty close nearby and a 3rd pick at the end of the half that was basically a hail mary. if the game was at all close it might have mattered but the main thing is while kap missed some of these throws and made others, a guy like erron literally missed no throws so the margin of error isn't there because you know erron is going to make very few mistakes unless its by user error

eznark

Banned
I am going to get back into golf this summer. Is PXG state of the art?

Splat - 8 p.m. is fine

Yeah, PXG is as bonkers as it gets unless you're a tour pro, in which case you can play Miura's. PXG was started by the guy who founded GoDaddy. He hired some people away from Ping and said "make me the greatest golf clubs ever I don't care how impractical they are for consumers." They are starting to scale though, and pretty rapidly. When I looked at them last fall they were closer to $750 a club and you had to fly to Arizona to get fitted. The fact that they are in an independent store in Cincinnati says a lot about how aggressive they are getting these things to market.

I was able to hit the "tour" PXG's solidly like 70% of the time. I hit the Callaway XR pro's, a players iron that sort of straddles the line to game improvement well about 90% of the time. A more standard tour club, like say the Titleist 716 MB's I hit well probably 40% of the time. The hardest clubs to hit are supposedly the Ben Hogan Ft. Worth's, which are also the most beautiful piece of sporting equipment ever made. I shockingly was able to hit those pretty well but they are intimidating as hell. The PXG's are a legitimate breakthrough in club tech. They feel so good, it's just hard to explain. When you sweet spot one, the ball is just gone and you never even feel the contact. It's amazing. I hated how heavy they are though, and they aren't as pretty as I thought they would be. I didn't eve bother trying out the standard version as I'm sure they are even easier to hit so I would have been tempted to buy them. I maaaaaaaaay splurge on the PXG driver. They didn't have one in the shop this week but promised to have one when I come back. They know a sucker when they see one. I don't honestly have any idea how much the driver costs though. Probably $700.

I'd legit fly out there to golf with you. You're a Big Deal, get us a tee time at Bandon Dunes!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
GG Bird. that was quite the first quarter.

Atleast you didnt have to play FMT or LJ, though. Kappa

Birdman02

This fucking game. Opening kickoff returned for a TD. Missed FG that I hit straight down the middle. Malcom Jenkins steals a pick from my WR in mid air because he decided to let go of the ball. Bridgewater sailing the ball on multiple wide open receivers. Thanks a lot EA.

This fucking game. Opening kickoff returned for a TD. Missed FG that I hit straight down the middle. Malcom Jenkins steals a pick from my WR in mid air because he decided to let go of the ball. Bridgewater sailing the ball on multiple wide open receivers. Thanks a lot EA.

you sure went for that sideline deep fade a bunch

Birdman02

you sure went for that sideline deep fade a bunch
It was open a lot, but bridgewater either missed it wasn't able to throw it quite a few times too. Not really a fade...just a corner to the inside receiver. Cover 3 leaves that open...especially if you streak the outside guy. CB does a good job shutting down the middle, so I was looking outside a lot. Probably should have worked the middle more, but I didn't feel like I was forcing into coverage.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was playing especially conservative because I wanted to try and keep Adrian locked up. Doubly so when Bradford went down right away. Which meant alot of generic coverage and minimal blitzing. After i saw Bridgewater having one of those games i figured i would make him beat me. Even after you started to cut the lead, I was pretty content with running the ball 80% of the time and playing defense. I tend to trust in them to get a stop or turnover when it counts.

Birdman02

I was playing especially conservative because I wanted to try and keep Adrian locked up. Doubly so when Bradford went down right away. Which meant alot of generic coverage and minimal blitzing. After i saw Bridgewater having one of those games i figured i would make him beat me. Even after you started to cut the lead, I was pretty content with running the ball 80% of the time and playing defense. I tend to trust in them to get a stop or turnover when it counts.

The missed FG killed me. Still not sure why I missed that one. I hit it right down the middle with full meter.

did you push laces out button??

DJ Bowser

one of you need to stream. or so help me god ill sim your game.
I've streamed every important game that my opponent didn't.

We didn't have seemingly any lag in our D/c game I streamed so it seems the Internet in my temporary dwelling is good.

BigAT

jnKdpv0.jpg

Top Bottom