• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

Shouldn't that go both ways? They still have to be able to generate traction and force to push him. Is he not able to do the same thing?
Should he not (a) be moving his feet more (b) have better cleats

It does go both ways to an extent, but to me you need better footing when you're the one that has to react. The defender knows where he is going on the pass rush so he can be a bit more secure in his footing. Basically the opposite of the CB/WR interaction.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Top 20 Picks

1. Dolphins
2. Titans
3. Broncos
4. Packers
5. Panthers
6. Redskins
7. Jets
8. Lions
9. Cardinals
10. Browns
11. Giants
12. Cardinals
13. Saints
14. Seahawks
15. Jaguars
16. Chargers
17. Raiders
18. Bears
19. Buccaneers
20. Bills
That's not right, check strength of schedule.

That michael ohr gif is amazing, not a good look for levis jed york you rat faced fink.

In regards to madden, does qb awareness even matter at all when we are the ones controlling the qb?

DJ Bowser

That michael ohr gif is amazing, not a good look for levis jed york you rat faced fink.

In regards to madden, does qb awareness even matter at all when we are the ones controlling the qb?

There was a discussion about it (which is mostly conjecture) a page or two back. Basically, we assume the higher the awareness, the less chance of errant throws.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There was a discussion about it (which is mostly conjecture) a page or two back. Basically, we assume the higher the awareness, the less chance of errant throws.

If you throw a pass where the receiver is being led, the chances of an errant throw are reduced. That is a fact.

Shouldn't that go both ways? They still have to be able to generate traction and force to push him. Is he not able to do the same thing?
Should he not (a) be moving his feet more (b) have better cleats

Yeah like CB said this was the most extreme example obviously. And throughout the game the sideline reporters were talking a lot about cleats and stuff. It's still not a good look for the NFL and considering that was the biggest mismatch of the game it definitely had some impact on the outcome.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
My company built Levi Stadium

We also built Yankee Stadium and the field isn't a godawful grass mud and horse manure soup.

Well done Niners.

brentech

TWRm94xl.jpg

Kind of off and on all day.

That's not right, check strength of schedule.

I'm going by what the game tells me in "Roster Management". I'm pretty certain that these picks are locked in by now. And it fucking blows because lowest of all the 5-11 teams and I'm 3/4 of the 6-10 teams -_-

Also who said we aren't advancing tonight? Splat was 50/50 and I wasn't sure about Texans/Chiefs but we have a chance.

Greg

used to be a pain in the ass

the only way to shovel is recklessly, so of course I'd jam my wrist every time I ran into uneven rock

now I can sprint up and down without worry!

DJ Bowser

You're in Boca? We coulda been hitting up clubs in Miami looking for women who want their rectum's destroyed and you been holding out on me man?
I thought you lived in NYC!

I work in Boca. Temporarily residing in Weston for a month or two. Hoping to buy a place in Boca but may settle for renting.

Didn't know you were a local!

brentech

I was going to wait to pick up the witness, and on PC, but thought it would be one of the few games my wife would actually enjoy.
Last couple days we knocked out our first 50 puzzles or so. We'd get stuck on something and decide to just walk somewhere else, and we're suddenly facing puzzles that we can't even figure out what's being asked of us.

I think we hit a "Tetris block" puzzle in the middle of the ground puzzles that light up as you walk on them. But it adds another problem in that the starting point is a couple squares into the puzzle. The normal circle starting spot doesn't light up fully even if you go and walk on it.
Had to leave that area for the time being as well. =

Walking away and coming back to a puzzle had really helped in the past though?

GG smokey. I thought losing that timeout cause I dropped my controller and it challenges a play was gonna cost me until you completed that scramble pass at the end. I don't know how I missed my first field goal I hit it perfect and just looked away cause I thought it was good and then I heard them say it missed.

That int Alex threw at the end of the first half was huge. I saw him playing off and thought I had it but the AI broke on it perfectly. Last game for Alex as a Chief!

BigAT

I was going to wait to pick up the witness, and on PC, but thought it would be one of the few games my wife would actually enjoy.
Last couple days we knocked out our first 50 puzzles or so. We'd get stuck on something and decide to just walk somewhere else, and we're suddenly facing puzzles that we can't even figure out what's being asked of us.

I think we hit a "Tetris block" puzzle in the middle of the ground puzzles that light up as you walk on them. But it adds another problem in that the starting point is a couple squares into the puzzle. The normal circle starting spot doesn't light up fully even if you go and walk on it.
Had to leave that area for the time being as well. =

Walking away and coming back to a puzzle had really helped in the past though?

You should probably just on puzzles that involve tetris pieces for now. It's one of the last areas I'm doing and even then the early tutorial puzzles aren't especially helpful.

brentech

You should probably just on puzzles that involve tetris pieces for now. It's one of the last areas I'm doing and even then the early tutorial puzzles aren't especially helpful.

Yeah, I don't think we've seen a tutorial style puzzle with a tetris piece invovled.
We play in small 30min chunks. Only 2-3 times so far, and at 58 puzzles done.

splat luke said "prob"

also, i looked into my boy TLBB's assertion about awareness and i just dont know. at the beginning of the season (with the rosters we used), kaps awareness was at an "ok" 71. he is now at a 42. how he dropped 30 points in awareness i dont know (he is over 30 now in the game but im not sure how age would drop awareness.... you would think it would increase it if anything)

a guy like stafford (high on INT's) started our franchise at a 76 and is now a 63.

derek carr started at a 70 awr and is now up to a 71...

so i dont know!

brentech

splat luke said "prob"

also, i looked into my boy TLBB's assertion about awareness and i just dont know. at the beginning of the season (with the rosters we used), kaps awareness was at an "ok" 71. he is now at a 42. how he dropped 30 points in awareness i dont know (he is over 30 now in the game but im not sure how age would drop awareness.... you would think it would increase it if anything)

a guy like stafford (high on INT's) started our franchise at a 76 and is now a 63.

derek carr started at a 70 awr and is now up to a 71...

so i dont know!

#MaddenSeason

DJ Bowser

Bird and CB playing tonight?

DCX
If CB wins I play you. If we advance what time is the latest you can go?

Though I should probably practice and learn defensive hot routes before playing again.

Edit: How the hell did Kap's awareness drop THAT much?

Top Bottom