• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

jnKdpv0.jpg

What was this about I think I missed it

DCX

DCX
Gg Bowser. I didn't think I played a horrible game but I couldn't stop your high octane offense.

You have the perfect offense. Perfect blocking , perfect QB , perfect WR corps and a decent enough RB to get you yards when you need them.

You should never lose to be honest.

My offense was limited due to Ryan's regression. He once again sailed a throw on a wide open slant. He might have thrown for 60+% but it was a bad 60% and I didn't trust him to make the throws I needed.

Julio continues to be a monster. 11 Pancakes, got damn! Coleman did what Coleman does ( except with Cola ) I need to be more patient with my lane reads. I missed what could have been big gains and got 4-5 instead.

Defense was overwhelmed. McKay just blew the top off of my coverages that forced me to run a cover two shell all game which opened up corner routes to the TE and simple crosses.

Dem the breaks. Time to make some decisions in the offseason and I have three picks in the top 60 isn't bad at all.

DCX

that is the problem against playing that cowboys offense: the OL is the best in the game, the QB is the best in the game and you could argue the group of 3 WR's are best in the game. so short of some bad mistakes early (and thats assuming YOUR defense capitalizes on said mistakes), you pretty much have to keep pace on your offense against a pretty good dallas DL.

its a rough go of things!

DJ Bowser

Yeah. I'm a hell of a GM!

The games I lost this season were a combination of bad decision making (often forcing passes or not expecting user coverage to make big plays) and/or getting too cute with my playcalling. Though against LJ it was a mix of bad decisions and being woefully unprepared to handle the sort of blitzes and press coverage he was throwing at me.

I've always been pretty good on offense, but now that I've learned to field a capable defense, I just need to make sure I'm not making a bunch of mistakes.

Trasher

Yeah, PXG is as bonkers as it gets unless you're a tour pro, in which case you can play Miura's. PXG was started by the guy who founded GoDaddy. He hired some people away from Ping and said "make me the greatest golf clubs ever I don't care how impractical they are for consumers." They are starting to scale though, and pretty rapidly. When I looked at them last fall they were closer to $750 a club and you had to fly to Arizona to get fitted. The fact that they are in an independent store in Cincinnati says a lot about how aggressive they are getting these things to market.

I was able to hit the "tour" PXG's solidly like 70% of the time. I hit the Callaway XR pro's, a players iron that sort of straddles the line to game improvement well about 90% of the time. A more standard tour club, like say the Titleist 716 MB's I hit well probably 40% of the time. The hardest clubs to hit are supposedly the Ben Hogan Ft. Worth's, which are also the most beautiful piece of sporting equipment ever made. I shockingly was able to hit those pretty well but they are intimidating as hell. The PXG's are a legitimate breakthrough in club tech. They feel so good, it's just hard to explain. When you sweet spot one, the ball is just gone and you never even feel the contact. It's amazing. I hated how heavy they are though, and they aren't as pretty as I thought they would be. I didn't eve bother trying out the standard version as I'm sure they are even easier to hit so I would have been tempted to buy them. I maaaaaaaaay splurge on the PXG driver. They didn't have one in the shop this week but promised to have one when I come back. They know a sucker when they see one. I don't honestly have any idea how much the driver costs though. Probably $700.

I'd legit fly out there to golf with you. You're a Big Deal, get us a tee time at Bandon Dunes!
You just made me want to play golf again so bad, and at the same time also made me want to throw away all my money. Maybe I can push my wedding back a couple years?

LukeSmith

Yeah, PXG is as bonkers as it gets unless you're a tour pro, in which case you can play Miura's. PXG was started by the guy who founded GoDaddy. He hired some people away from Ping and said "make me the greatest golf clubs ever I don't care how impractical they are for consumers." They are starting to scale though, and pretty rapidly. When I looked at them last fall they were closer to $750 a club and you had to fly to Arizona to get fitted. The fact that they are in an independent store in Cincinnati says a lot about how aggressive they are getting these things to market.

I was able to hit the "tour" PXG's solidly like 70% of the time. I hit the Callaway XR pro's, a players iron that sort of straddles the line to game improvement well about 90% of the time. A more standard tour club, like say the Titleist 716 MB's I hit well probably 40% of the time. The hardest clubs to hit are supposedly the Ben Hogan Ft. Worth's, which are also the most beautiful piece of sporting equipment ever made. I shockingly was able to hit those pretty well but they are intimidating as hell. The PXG's are a legitimate breakthrough in club tech. They feel so good, it's just hard to explain. When you sweet spot one, the ball is just gone and you never even feel the contact. It's amazing. I hated how heavy they are though, and they aren't as pretty as I thought they would be. I didn't eve bother trying out the standard version as I'm sure they are even easier to hit so I would have been tempted to buy them. I maaaaaaaaay splurge on the PXG driver. They didn't have one in the shop this week but promised to have one when I come back. They know a sucker when they see one. I don't honestly have any idea how much the driver costs though. Probably $700.

I'd legit fly out there to golf with you. You're a Big Deal, get us a tee time at Bandon Dunes!

I'll have to see if I can get a demo of PXGs locally. I somehow doubt it'll be here in Seattle. I've been completely out of the loop on golfing stuff for years. I've never been very good, but I've always loved playing

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
that is the problem against playing that cowboys offense: the OL is the best in the game, the QB is the best in the game and you could argue the group of 3 WR's are best in the game. so short of some bad mistakes early (and thats assuming YOUR defense capitalizes on said mistakes), you pretty much have to keep pace on your offense against a pretty good dallas DL.

its a rough go of things!

Yup. I honestly don't know what to do on defense anymore. Whenever I need to pass if I am behind Randy Gregory destroys my RT. I want to trash can the entire Giants defense tho so there's that.

The OL will never be an issue for Bowser because all of their milestones are fucking pass dependent it sucks. The OL develops so fast for a passing game like his that he can literally take anyone off of any of our teams and they'd be 85-90 within 1 season due to the 3 TD and 300 yard passing games. I could push out several 150 yard rushing games but I don't get near the bump.

eznark

Banned
I'll have to see if I can get a demo of PXGs locally. I somehow doubt it'll be here in Seattle. I've been completely out of the loop on golfing stuff for years. I've never been very good, but I've always loved playing

Theyre kind of crazy. The non tour ones are basically the perfect club, according to my fitter and the internet, except that they are ugly..and aren't available to buy til March.

I'm betting they'll be around somewhere, if they were in Cincy.

Another meaty R6 patch.

Ubi taking care of its gamers, huh?
oh damn already?! was expecting next week

I gotta say I'm totally shocked that this game has gotten the kind of support but they see the community growing. i remember feeling super skeptical before it came out thinking there would be a bunch of game breakers

Smokey

I'm glad to know I contributed something to the league this year!

Also Quantum Break coming to PC! Those system requirements though whew.

They're great. DX12 too. Finally.

Can't wait for people with 960s to complain why they can't max the game out. I look forward to seeing the worst word in the gaming dictionary,optimize, continue to shit up PC threads by lifelong PC gamers who have been playing since 2013.

eznark

Banned
Did you watch my ranked game at all last night? I picked ogre first and went and grabbed a drink. Team ended up being Ogre, Chen, AA, Skywrath and DK.

It went about how youd expect.

Somnia

They're great. DX12 too. Finally.

Can't wait for people with 960s to complain why they can't max the game out. I look forward to seeing the worst word in the gaming dictionary,optimize, continue to shit up PC threads by lifelong PC gamers who have been playing since 2013.

I have a feeling it'll be like Rise of the Tomb Raider where I'll be able to max pretty much everything but have to use high instead of very high for textures due to the 6gb vram part just like Rise.

I'm pretty excited, figure I may as well pre-order the digital xb1 version since it comes with the PC version also.

eznark

Banned
I took my father to Chambers Bay a few years back when I played more.

If I start playing again and am not an embarrassment I'd totally go to Bandon Dunes to play

How was it? I'd like to play there but I want to give it at least another year so it recovers from the US Open treatment.

I played Whistling Straits when it first opened and it was awesome. Then I played it in 2010 after they had toughened it up for the PGA Championship and it was basically unplayable.

LukeSmith

How was it? I'd like to play there but I want to give it at least another year so it recovers from the US Open treatment.

I played Whistling Straits when it first opened and it was awesome. Then I played it in 2010 after they had toughened it up for the PGA Championship and it was basically unplayable.

Chambers was beautiful, but parts of it were still growing in when we played it. It was a a course that definitely made you hike around a bunch. I definitely would play it again

DJ Bowser

Any playoff games scheduled for this evening?

I was trying to find a Lombardi Trophy costume for my girlfriend's dachshund, but unfortunately no one seems to have created such a perfect dog outfit.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
my trolling energy is used in madden twitch chat and mumble. otherwise if it seems like im not trying, its because im not.

Top Bottom