• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Somnia

you'll have 12 or 24 hours after the draft to get that done, we will all have that time to change positions/make cuts

I'll mess around in offline today so we can finalize the steps and get a good idea of what time we are advancing to what. my guess is that the moment we finish the super bowl we'll start that timer but with flexibility so it's reasonable times

I just wanted to put that out there because we didn't have that time after the last draft, don't want it to happen again :)

Every draft we've had lasts 2 hours, never longer. Don't get your panties in a bind!

Every year this happens. We always finish it in two hours but by the first hour people are saying "We'll be here for 5 more hours!"

Anyways this is what the deal is...

1. Super Bowl Week : You can scout!
First advance : Re-Sign Players. Regression news available for the first time....I think.
Second advance : Free agent bids. NO scouting.
Third advance : Free agent bids, scouting with combine available
Fourth advance : Free agent bids, scouting
Fifth advance : Free agency closes, scouting
Sixth advance : Draft

Once the super bowl gets played, we'll have 12 hours for each advance. So let's pretend like we finish tonight...
Friday night-Saturday noon, Re-sign players
Saturday noon-Saturday night, Free agent bids
Saturday night-Sunday noon, free agent bids+Scouting with combine
Sunday noon-Sunday night, free agent bids+scouting
Sunday night-Monday night, scouting
Tuesday....draft?

If we finish tomorrow then the advances will be pushed back straight into Tuesday which would still work out. But if we finish tonight we have more flexibility to make some stages longer than others so as many folks can make the important stages. I can't speak for all but I am guessing that the 2nd or 3rd stage of free agency is the biggest because you can at least get your bid in and scout guys with combine info

I think we just need to make sure people have ample time to re-sign players because the amount of regression may affect how much someone wants to bring a player back. I don't think the first stage of free agency matters much cause players usually don't sign then..........in fact I am going to make the proposal of straight up skipping the first bidding stage and not letting anyone bid, that way we can get to view our scouting board so we can figure out what positions we want to draft or use free agency for.

Also what I've learned is that you get 3 stages of scouting with combine. so if you have the scouting cheese, you get 600 points with that info...if you don't, I think it is 525. something to consider when figuring out how to spend points during the season.

rinse82

.in fact I am going to make the proposal of straight up skipping the first bidding stage and not letting anyone bid, that way we can get to view our scouting board so we can figure out what positions we want to draft or use free agency for.

The problem with this is, if you have any teams that have enabled CPU-GM's then bids could be placed

But that could be rectified if you go in and make sure no one has that turned on.

I generally agree though - nothing happens after the 1st stage.

12719126_10107197946838710_591047000336446563_o.jpg

Yall ready for this

DJ Bowser

I agree on the idea of skipping the first round of bidding. The only people that sign are those that receive only one bid and they can just sign in the next period. Gets us to scouting sooner!

Yeah I don't get the point of that round. For me personally I look at my needs and see who's available in FA and the draft, that helps me solidify my plan in both phases

Also

i-voted-sticker.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
in fact I am going to make the proposal of straight up skipping the first bidding stage and not letting anyone bid, that way we can get to view our scouting board so we can figure out what positions we want to draft or use free agency for.

You are a G.

brentech

#MaddenSuperTuesdayDraft

Edit: Also, one way or another, can we lock down the draft day by the end of today so we are all on the same page over the weekend.

I assume the day will depend on when the SB gets played, and that's still up in the air.

I imagine that the game will be finished by tonight or tomorrow night. Either way, we'll have the flexibility to have enough time in the important stages. I think at this point Tuesday night appears like a solid lock. Whether it's 6 or 7 PT we don't know yet. Vote if you haven't!

These are the schedules I'm thinking of in the 3 scenarios :

If we finish tonight:
Re-sign players : Friday night - Saturday night
Scouting/FA Bids : Saturday night - Sunday night
Scouting/FA Bids (Final Round of FA) : Sunday night - Monday night
Final round of scouting : Monday night - draft

If we finish tomorrow night:
Re-sign players : Saturday night - Sunday early-afternoon
Scouting/FA Bids : Sunday early afternoon - Sunday late night
Scouting/ FA Bids (Final round of FA) : Sunday late night - Monday night
Final round of scouting : Monday night - draft

If we finish earlier than night time we can probably just make that first Scouting/FA bids session longer. Although I feel like the round we can cut time on is the final round of scouting, because we won't advance to the draft right until it happens, so if you're going to be there you'll have time to use up your last points. Maybe we can just advance to the final scouting stage 1 or 2 hours before the draft?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't think draft time can be locked down until the Superbowl is played. Which might be tonight or tomorrow

In addition to the schedule idea I had up there, remember that we have to give people time to change positions in that stage right after the draft and before the pre-season (like putting a 4-3 DT at 3-4 LE WHICH YOU CANNOT DO AT ANY OTHER TIME FMT) so you have from the end of the draft till Wednesday night to make any necessary cuts down to 53 or to change positions

Tuesday seems inevitable but if it does drag to Sunday we have to do Thursday then!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Let's keep it no earlier than Tuesday. Monday would work out better for me than any other day tbh but I dont know if anyone is going to getting back from vacation or whatever

I'm okay with Monday myself but that wasn't an option in the polls

If we did Monday...

Friday night - Saturday late afternoon, Re-Sign players
Saturday late afternoon-Sunday evening, scout, bid FA
Sunday evening-Monday 1/2 hours before the draft, scout, bid FA
1/2 hours before the draft, we open up last stage of scouting

Somnia

I feel like Monday is rushing it too much already since we know some people are gone this weekend for a few days, should have that buffer till Tuesday for them.

I feel like Monday is rushing it too much already since we know some people are gone this weekend for a few days, should have that buffer till Tuesday for them.
who said this? i must have missed it and I'm too lazy to look

i mean Tuesday is still fine but i haven't seen anyone object to Monday. probably better to stick with Tuesday at this point

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

They had plenty of time to do Vape Vacations. It's Business Decision time, and this Mastermind is full-go non-stop ready to let someone else get that fumble.

Somnia

who said this? i must have missed it and I'm too lazy to look

I know for a fact Drizzler is out till Sunday (or Monday, who knows with him) and I swore I thought someone else said they were also.

I mean I'm good for Monday, but I don't want to screw over anyone in FA so I just figure Tuesday (or Wednesday or Thursday!) would be best is all.

If we did Monday and he was around for the draft he would have time for the last round of FA bidding and scouting. Either way if we do Monday or Tuesday he is going to miss the re-sign period and the first week of scouting/bidding if he isn't around at all tonight or any point in the weekend

I vote Tuesday. For the love of god I've missed two off seasons already and just went 0-16. Please no rush. Please don't end FA before Sunday at midnight.

I vote Tuesday. For the love of god I've missed two off seasons already and just went 0-16. Please no rush. Please don't end FA before Sunday at midnight.
FA is probably going to end an hour or two before the draft on Tuesday. Last round of scouting will be up an hour or two before the draft for those that are there. Are you not around Monday? That's fine but if you aren't around at all tonight after the Super Bowl (if it's tonight) or this weekend you are going to miss the re-sign period and first FA round either way. But you'll have time to get your bids in the last round.

FMT hasn't confirmed yet how the advances will go but you'll have time

DJ Bowser

Drizzler, give me your login and I'll use my masterful GM skills to right the Dolphins' ship while you're away. All I ask in return is your support for a Monday draft.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Use the PlayStation app on phones or vita to remote play and make free agent bids. It's very easy (with Android, at least)

Ok so let's just pretend like we finish tonight. Here are the roads to Monday and Tuesday that I'll pitch to FMT. if we don't finish tonight we can figure it out then but discussing now would be better

Monday
Player re-signing - Tonight until tomorrow afternoon
Scouting/FA - tomorrow afternoon until Sunday afternoon
Scouting/Final FA Round - Sunday afternoon until Monday 90 minutes before draft
Final scouting round - 90 minutes before draft until draft

Tuesday
player re-signing - Tonight until tomorrow night
scouting/FA - tomorrow night until Sunday night
scouting/final FA - Sunday night until 90 minutes before draft
Final scouting round - 90 minutes before draft until draft

Splat

How many top 100 players will I draft this time? 5? 6?

Which step has the combine results come out so I can setup my watch lists?

Top Bottom