• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

The playoffs would have more meaning and more hype if we slowed things down to allow everyone to get involved watching it and making it more of an event, i feel like you guys are missing the point of enjoying the competition just blasting through this so fast

Somnia

The playoffs would have more meaning and more hype if we slowed things down to allow everyone to get involved watching it and making it more of an event, i feel like you guys are missing the point of enjoying the competition just blasting through this so fast

Welcome to MaddenGAF.

rinse82

you must be new here.

DJ Bowser

This could be ideal if we all had similar schedules.

As it is, it's good to get the games in when we can especially since 90% of the league no longer has games to play.

Ferny

You're fighting a fight that some of us have been fighting for years. I'll save you the time...playoffs really don't mean shit here.

eznark

Banned
What's a Kanye West song I would have heard? Some lady is yelling at me that of course I have heard his "genius" and how dare I claim I haven't. I asked her to sing me some and she told me to fuck off. Did he sing that song that was big during the baseball playoffs a couple years ago?

rinse82

What's a Kanye West song I would have heard? Some lady is yelling at me that of course I have heard his "genius" and how dare I claim I haven't. I asked her to sing me some and she told me to fuck off. Did he sing that song that was big during the baseball playoffs a couple years ago?

I'm going to guess 'Amazing' since it was all over sports promos the year it was released.

TheCrow

That song from Saints Row The Third that plays during your first mission.

His music is fucking garbage and he can't sing. YouTube Kanye bohemian rhapsody.... Fucking brutal.

With that said, of course I'm biased because I don't really find any appeal in hip hop. Just an old rocker yelling at clouds!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Holy shit he has been around since 1996?!

Rappers usually linger for a few years before they make it big. Through the Wire was the first time i had heard of him. That must have been around 2002? I might be wrong.

All Falls Down was the first song i heard him on and liked. Either that or Slow Jamz. It went well from there for a while until he stuck his head so far up his own ass he became unbearable.

CB3

dominos is fantastic.

Pro-tip: Chicken bacon pizza with BBQ sauce instead of tomato is fucking amazing. Just top tier food.

brentech

Kanye fell off the tracks hard after 'Graduation'. At least in terms of what made him special. I'll still never forget some MTV show, maybe it was cribs, but I don't think so, where he's showing the camera man this picture he painted. And he's like, "yeah, it's actually a track, you can see the beats in it".....there is just this general dumbfounded response to it like....wtf are you talking about kid.

yE9vWbk.png

Thanks Yeezy.

Greg

I think some of his post-Graduation stuff is great

I laugh when it comes to actually believing he's a musical genius though when he has a team of producers and engineers just like every other pop act

ideas are easy, and so is giving something that sounds great your stamp of approval - put his name on it and suddenly people think there's some deeper meaning there

cdyhybrid

I think some of his post-Graduation stuff is great

I laugh when it comes to actually believing he's a musical genius though when he has a team of producers and engineers just like every other pop act

ideas are easy, and so is giving something that sounds great your stamp of approval - put his name on it and suddenly people think there's some deeper meaning there
He definitely works with a lot of people now, and I don't fault him for it, but his earlier production stuff was pretty much entirely him and that's what put him on the map.

CB3

HOT SCOOPZ

Superbowl isnt happening until tomorrow. We can plan the offseason accordingly now.

CB3

I should say most likely. I think atleast 2 of the 4 potential parties can only do one game tonight. So there is a scenario where it could happen, but dont count on it.

CB3

im most likely only playing our game tonight. Both in that i hate playing two madden games back to back (i always play like shit in game 2), and that I probably cant beat a 99 OVR team with Stephen Morris and company anyway. Just dont have the ammunition on this team.

DJ Bowser

im most likely only playing our game tonight. Both in that i hate playing two madden games back to back (i always play like shit in game 2), and that I probably cant beat a 99 OVR team with Stephen Morris and company anyway. Just dont have the ammunition on this team.
Looking at the attributes, Stephen Morris scares me more than Bradford- other than on the deep balls to your speed guy. First season you beat me with Morris!

But I also hasn't played the game much at that point.

You stomped LJ who mostly stomped me (at least for a half).

Greg

He definitely works with a lot of people now, and I don't fault him for it, but his earlier production stuff was pretty much entirely him and that's what put him on the map.
that's what I mean - compared to what he was, he's a straight up pop act now riding on an image and a team

not that he doesn't have a hand in things, but like I said, ideas and knowing something sounds good is the easy part

BigAT

You've almost certainly heard this. It was on a ton of commercials and Giant Bomb did a bunch of stuff with it back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

Maybe this too? It was in GTA 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ila-hAUXR5U

Funny story. I saw Kanye live in like...2004. He was playing at Rutgers annual festival. He was such a nobody at the time that was the opening act for Sugar Ray. He was sandwiched on the other side by SR-71. I didn't think he was very good and I was kind of confused because he was playing other people's songs and shit so I left halfway through his set.

Top Bottom