• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

brentech

I loaded up twitch/cbgaf to watch the game before coming to this thread this morning. Twitch spoils itself as I click the latest feed and it immediately shows the late 4th qtr score before starting the VOD.....get fucked twitch. (but thanks for saving me time)

cry.gif
/
highfive.gif

Regardless of when this gets played what do you guys think of the advance schedule?

Re-sign Period : End of Super Bowl to Sunday afternoon
FA and scouting : Sunday afternoon to Monday early evening
FA (last round) : Monday evening until Tuesday evening, 90 minutes before draft
Scouting (last round before draft) : 90 Minutes before draft until draft

We could probably give and take a bit of time here and there but that's generally it

DJ Bowser

I'd say the sooner the better. The late end of the window may shrink as My GF would like to get some sushi before I have to work. Any time now works, but maybe we should wait until 11:30 EST For the benefit of our West coast brethren.

Not that they matter.

eznark

Banned
I'm sure there are strong positions, I've never spent so much time scouting in Madden, but man it seems like a dumpster class throughout.

DJ Bowser

people always say the QBs are trash but it seems like there's always some random bum that ends up being good
but yeah they do look shitty

we just need them combine scores
It helps that the game is probably going to program a couple each season with superstar development and clutch traits.

brentech

There is totally a group of QBs that are ready to go from day one, just like the previous two drafts.

I didn't scout any offensive line players because I don't think we last 2 more seasons and I don't need any replacements on the line, but there is definitely some talent available on defense.

re-watching some of Walking Dead

good lord is this show trash 60-70 percent of the time. So many cheep moments to try and make suspense, so many dumb characters.

rinse82

Regardless of when this gets played what do you guys think of the advance schedule?

Re-sign Period : End of Super Bowl to Sunday afternoon
FA and scouting : Sunday afternoon to Monday early evening
FA (last round) : Monday evening until Tuesday evening, 90 minutes before draft
Scouting (last round before draft) : 90 Minutes before draft until draft

We could probably give and take a bit of time here and there but that's generally it

Thought we were gonna try to roll with 12 hour periods - so could start FA at like midnight ET tonight

LukeSmith

as per usual dog woke me up so now i will not miss the super bowl.

super bowl props:
O/U on number of Packers Double HB Dive: 13
O/U on total number of hot routes called by the Cowboys: 19
Erron Rodgers rushing TD: +400
Erron Rodgers MVP: -100
Matt Barkley MVP: +550
Bell MVP: -200
Total Points: 54
O/U Pass Receptions Christine Michel: 5
O/U Pass Receptions Tyronne McKay: 6
O/U Matt Barkley passing yards: 234

hot takes:
will baeveon bell dive tilt bowser
matt barkley v erron rodgers

Bold prediction

Rodgers/McVay will break out and force AT to pass with QB that isn't good enough to get into a slinging contest and the game will be out of reach by mid third quarter.

So basically what I thought the Panthers were going to do against Manning.

Im going over on hot routes, over six receptions with McKay, under with Barkley passing yards, under 54 points total.

DJ Bowser

I've been ignorant for far too long...

What is this "McVay" business? The only name I know pronounced the same way was the Oklahoma City Bomber. Is it a cultural reference I'm not privy to?

I'm taking a strong over on hot routes.

Charles B. McVay III (July 30, 1898 – November 6, 1968) was an American naval officer and the commanding officer of USS Indianapolis (CA-35) when it was lost in action in 1945, resulting in a massive loss of life. Of all captains in the history of the United States Navy, he is the only one to have been subjected to court-martial for losing a ship sunk by an act of war, despite the fact that he was on a top secret mission maintaining radio silence (the testimony of the Japanese commander who sank his ship also seemed to exonerate McVay).[1] After years of mental health problems, he committed suicide. Following years of efforts by some survivors and others to clear his name, McVay was posthumously exonerated by the 106th United States Congress and President Bill Clinton on October 30, 2000.

duh

DJ Bowser

GG At. Holy shit at that final play. Hill was open. If only I L-1ed it. Can't believe it got batted down at the line. Wish I could have caught a break of two. Alas.

There's always next season!

Epic ending to an epic game, tough break bowser you both played well, Congrats AT!

What a play by #90, I looked up his stats, hes only an 85 overall 83 awareness, He's the malcolm butler of the league

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Advanced to Re-Sign stage. I paid zero attention to the timetable those guys laid out so who knows when the next advance is!

Colasante

Looks like Larry Fitzgerald, Frank Gore, Terrell Suggs, and Roddy White are among those who retired. Also- Jay Cutler, Heath Miller, Jonathan Joseph, Derrick Johnson, Joe Staley, and Kyle Williams.

DJ Bowser

I went in with a strategy and didn't employ it. was far too conservative- but the run game was working so I figured, why not?

Should flipped which 4th downs I went for it on. Undefeated season next year incoming... Unless Rodgers retires.

Top Bottom