• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Fmt is scrub tier still? I'm fully expecting him to be the Jordan to my Longley

i will always be scrub tier!

the gang would allow me to test out carry but im just no good at it. i tried out some carry stuff with riki and others and i just can't get the hang of it!

maybe if the new guys start playing i can test out some carries playing with them. i'm willing!

in other news, for some reason i bought (pre-ordered) far cry primal.... i feel like this is a mistake not because the game will suck (i love far cry) but i could probably get the game for $20 in a few months. oh well!

BigAT

Ya I'll join you guys when you invite me or need someone, but I'm going to try to do more solo queueing with my level range and play with these guys if theyre serious. I'll play with you guys just because I want to play with friends, even if I can't hang with that MMR range.

Ideally you have a group of friends that are of a similar skill level so you can do both. Which is why getting this new scrub player-in-training group of guys together would be perfect.

MuppetBabiesGroup.jpg

TheCrow

Everyone should just play Lina for 50 games and then Doom for 50 games. Then you will know all there is to know about dota.

61totxk.gif

Somnia

Playing lots of solo queue is the best way to prepare yourself for the things that eznark will inevitably say about you.

Haha this should be something we make madden players do going forward.

On one hand I've always listened really well to CB, AT, etc. in Dota, I just quit playing for so long I feel like I'm almost starting from scratch.

Trasher

I'm available after about 8:30-9 ct, so basically whenever Trasher gets home from work.

I'll keep you updated, but I'm hoping for 7:30pst.

And staying off topic still, I am looking to deal Ebron if anyone is actually interested. I'm looking to upgrade at CB/MLB/LOLB or possibly a WR since mine are old and slow!

DCX

DCX
I'll keep you updated, but I'm hoping for 7:30pst.

And staying off topic still, I am looking to deal Ebron if anyone is actually interested. I'm looking to upgrade at CB/MLB/LOLB or possibly a WR since mine are old and slow!
Splat, looks like we are playing tomorrow boss!

DCX

Somnia

Rinse we'll probably have to aim for Saturday based off that time. I might still be around, but don't know.

If not I'm free after 2PM CST on Saturday and will be around all night, just hit me up on steam or let me know a time to shoot for.

rinse82

Rinse we'll probably have to aim for Saturday based off that time. I might still be around, but don't know.

If not I'm free after 2PM CST on Saturday and will be around all night, just hit me up on steam or let me know a time to shoot for.

Latest I can play is 11:30 ET tonight, so I'll see if you're around in the miraculous event it advances by then.

Saturday night works, anytime after 9 ET I'm good.

brentech

I actually didn't start with anything in particular. I played my first 50 games give or take solo, and I just played any hero, usually not understanding them. Sometimes by the end of game I got the idea, sometimes I didn't. Sometime after that I played in that inhouse AT linked and started playing in MaddenGAF groups ever since, but still played A LOT of solo games. Now I only solo when we hit really rough patches and I just want to climb out.
What are everyones favorite initiators? Tide is great but i was always partial to axe myself, he may not be the best but hea just so damn fun

I think Axe kind of fell off a bit due to the last couple patches and it's making it harder to pick him, but mechanically, yes, he's one of my favorites. Lately I've been playing Earthshaker. I've had a rough time early in games, but as time wears on it feels great to make impactful fissure + slams.
Early on, I think I've done well trapping enemies for a kill, but if they escape or we just can't get early kills...I have a really hard time earning coin to get the very necessary boots + blink.

Spirit Breaker is always going to be one of my favorite initiator / gankers, as well as Slardar once you have a blink (and usually bkb).

Support is actually the most complex role in DotA IMO. You gotta ward, dust, pull, creep block and so on. Mid lane is kind of hard because you gotta go 1v1, last hit, control runes and gank depending upon who you pick. Offlane and carry are probably the easiest relatively speaking.

Not that anything in DotA is easy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
HEY, I now understand eznark's username!

At least his first name isn't TJ. TJ's aren't to be trusted.

eznark

Banned
Probably delete?

This is what happens when you get sucked into a lunch meeting and don't respond to DMs asking if you want your full name published.

Top Bottom