• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Nightz

Somnia

Somnia, I'm working from home today, so can get a game in if by chance you're free during the day

I'm working overtime today in the office 730a-9pm CST or I would :(

You said after 9 pm on Saturday you're free right? I'll be on, just message me on steam as I'll probably be playing Division or Black Desert beta.

rinse82

I'm working overtime today in the office 730a-9pm CST or I would :(

You said after 9 pm on Saturday you're free right? I'll be on, just message me on steam as I'll probably be playing Division or Black Desert beta.

That's fine, I'll be on late tonight too if you find your way online

eznark

Banned
Anyone doing Master of Orion early access?

Eventually I will, but the new GalCiv III expansion just came out so I'll hold off and let others test it. Plus, I'm sort of concerned it will come out at the same time as Stellaris and outside of nostalgia, Stellaris is a way more exciting game.

BigAT said:
fair

Somnia

Eventually I will, but the new GalCiv III expansion just came out so I'll hold off and let others test it. Plus, I'm sort of concerned it will come out at the same time as Stellaris and outside of nostalgia, Stellaris is a way more exciting game.

fair

Darn was really hoping you were so I could pick your brain on it. Between it and Stellaris I'm more excited about Stellaris, but so many good PC games coming out.

eznark

Banned
It's completely unfair but that Total Annihilation disaster has me pretty sour on paying a premium to get into early access nostalgia trips.

Somnia

It's completely unfair but that Total Annihilation disaster has me pretty sour on paying a premium to get into early access nostalgia trips.

Ya I don't do many early access games anymore, I did buy into Camelot Unchained Kickstarter, but haven't done much else. I did kickstart CohhCarnage's cRPG Project Resurgence recently otherwise I've stayed away from EA and Kickstarter.

Colasante

I know we've talked about it here before but isn't there an NFL version of OOTP?

I am rather thirsty for that.

They were making one, called Beyond the Sidelines, but I think the lead designer had a stroke so it was put on hold until recently when they hired a new designer.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BpRPGeR.jpg

iNHAytL.gif

Smokey

Who's playing the division this weekend? Somnia?!

So I've had a chance to play all 3 versions. PC and PS4 version side by side here

25013004362_c920391f4d_b.jpg

The x1 version clearly looks the worst to me. PS4 version better. But the PC version is something else. To me it controls much better with kb&m. Its snappier and more responsive. I'm able to get 60 fps on PC, and it makes a huge dofference. It game feels sluggish to me on PS4 and the controls feel off. Maybe it's the auto aim? Not really sure but it feels weird. Controls had the same sluggish feel on x1 too.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
OK where do I actually access the tutorials? Going to take some time to familiarize myself with the items and shit like that.

Prob going to just plug my laptop into my TV's HDMI to play from there.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
OK where do I actually access the tutorials? Going to take some time to familiarize myself with the items and shit like that.

Prob going to just plug my laptop into my TV's HDMI to play from there.

Learn tab at the top > Mechanics i think. Im not sure where that stuff went when they changed clients

So I've had a chance to play all 3 versions. PC and PS4 version side by side here

The x1 version clearly looks the worst to me. PS4 version better. But the PC version is something else. To me it controls much better with kb&m. Its snappier and more responsive. I'm able to get 60 fps on PC, and it makes a huge dofference. It game feels sluggish to me on PS4 and the controls feel off. Maybe it's the auto aim? Not really sure but it feels weird. Controls had the same sluggish feel on x1 too.

hah your setup looks similar to mine

although i guess all of ours does. multiple monitor life

rinse82

Am I one of the few that plays their console on good ol bigass TV? Playing on a 70 inch 4K TV and its pretty glorious

Although I am contemplating buying a 2nd PS4 for my office where I have multiple monitors. Would have to commit to the digital life though.

Smokey

hah your setup looks similar to mine

although i guess all of ours does. multiple monitor life

Once OLED 4K hits with acceptable input lag I'll jump back to big screen. I actually just redid my setup by removing my case from the desk. Gave me a ton of extra room to work with.

Am I one of the few that plays their console on good ol bigass TV?

Although I am contemplating buying a 2nd PS4 for my office where I have multiple monitors. Would have to commit to the digital life though.

My Samsung 55" from 2011 has terrible input lag.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Am I one of the few that plays their console on good ol bigass TV? Playing on a 70 inch 4K TV and its pretty glorious

I only play consoles on my screen in the living room. Not big into computer gaming any more. I'll try dota on both to see which I prefer.

Once OLED 4K hits with acceptable input lag I'll jump back to big screen. I actually just redid my setup by removing my case from the desk. Gave me a ton of extra room to work with.

My Samsung 55" from 2011 has terrible input lag.

Dude does it really make that much of a difference?

Sometimes I do if I feel like hanging out downstairs. I used to have my TV in my bedroom but having 2 monitors+TV in my room was just too much. I moved my Wii U down there (Cause the only time I play it is when people are over) and if I'm playing something where I can chill and all, I'll do it downstairs (Which is almost never). But I do my R6-Madden-2k on my monitor. Infinitely more comfortable having it be close to you.

Dude does it really make that much of a difference?

Oh hell yes. Try playing a timing based game (Like MLB) on a TV with not so good input lag and you'll see a huge difference.

Somnia

l'll probably be on the PC version tonight or tomorrow, but mainly I'll be playing the Black Desert beta to get use to it before launch next Sunday.

Also want to do some doter if the rookie class can all get together (or even just a few of us).

BigAT

Are they adding anything to this beta of the Division or is it the same as the last one? Not sure that I have enough interest to play it again though regardless of the answer.

Are they adding anything to this beta of the Division or is it the same as the last one? Not sure that I have enough interest to play it again though regardless of the answer.

They added another mission but I'm with you, I don't think I have the desire to give it another go.

Top Bottom