• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

DCX

DCX
Can't wait to get rid of the taste of defeat! Such garbage yesterday. #teaminterception was on point yesterday!

I saw interceptions I never seen in my life, it was kinda amazing to experience. Sobering even.

DCX

Welli was in the Madden Skills trainer yesterday. I imagine his user-coverage is probably going to be on point. His injury may have the Giants stock rising.

Next game we'll see if trading away Sean Lee was a huge mistake as he was my run-stopper.

Didn't you not win the division a couple of times with your OP 49er teams in prior years?

Cowboys are only 90 OVR!

yes, but the difference is i didn't get butthurt eveytime someone called my team stacked because that's what it was! and the seasons i didn't win a superbowl were an embarrassment given that i was working with such a talented roster

p.s.

but i've also won superbowls with shitty teams... tim rattay!

yes, but the difference is i didn't get butthurt eveytime someone called my team stacked because that's what it was! and the seasons i didn't win a superbowl were an embarrassment given that i was working with such a talented roster

p.s.

Oh god i just had tim rattay flashbacks, remember when he beat the rams, started his career 2-1 and people thought he was a future franchise qb?

DJ Bowser

p.s.

The butthurt isn't about the team being called stacked- it's the being shit on in streams for "every play having hot route junk routes" when my route tree and playcalling is more diverse than a large majority of the league.

Part of that is the time my line allows me for sure, but my play-calling is sound.

Maybe next year I can win a super bowl with a trash team. I can only work with what I'm given!

Greg

The butthurt isn't about the team being called stacked- it's the being shit on in streams for "every play having hot route junk routes" when my route tree and playcalling is more diverse than a large majority of the league.
is this before or after the hot routes?

Part of that is the time my line allows me for sure, but my play-calling is sound.

Maybe next year I can win a super bowl with a trash team. I can only work with what I'm given!

lol you audibiling to a slant or drag on nearly every play (from what i've seen, i don't watch every play of all of your games) is junk in my opinion given what you are working with on offense. the funny thing is with that offense you don't even need to do this and you'd still have a great offense.... thats part of the reason i bring it up as well. but hey, it's not against league rules which is why i said before to hot route to your hearts content! you aren't the only one who has a million hot routes, but you are the only one with the best OL and QB in the game

DJ Bowser

I don't see the point of having dead routes on any play so I'll always turn the dead routes into check down or outlet routes. Why would that change just because I have a better roster than I did last year?

The passing game is all about utilizing space and creating openings.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Welli was in the Madden Skills trainer yesterday. I imagine his user-coverage is probably going to be on point. His injury may have the Giants stock rising.

Next game we'll see if trading away Sean Lee was a huge mistake as he was my run-stopper.

Didn't you not win the division a couple of times with your OP 49er teams in prior years?

Cowboys are only 90 OVR!

Hilarious.

I only have a few more until I get all of the MUT packs. All of these shits are boring and useless, I have the worst ones left, the Pre-Snap and Route combo ones. They will have to wait as I am home and looking to continue sharpening my dota skills.

DJ Bowser

Hilarious.

I only have a few more until I get all of the MUT packs. All of these shits are boring and useless, I have the worst ones left, the Pre-Snap and Route combo ones. They will have to wait as I am home and looking to continue sharpening my dota skills.
Ah, I didn't put 2 and 2 together when you mentioned starting MUT. I used the user coverage one a few times to try and get better at coverage.

After a Draft Champions game I got an Elite badge in MUT. I wonder if I can auction it to pay for the 90 OVR Tebow.

Bunch of haters in this league damn

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome to Madden gaf!

I don't see the point of having dead routes on any play so I'll always turn the dead routes into check down or outlet routes. Why would that change just because I have a better roster than I did last year?

The passing game is all about utilizing space and creating openings.

while not 100% identical, someone could say they "i don't see the point in running a HB dive on short yardage when I could qb sneak. what's the point in running a play with less chance of success?" and while that is true, it doesn't make me shake my head any less at a qb sneak.

DJ Bowser

hqdefault.jpg

Welcome to Madden gaf!

while not 100% identical, someone could say they "i don't see the point in running a HB dive on short yardage when I could qb sneak. what's the point in running a play with less chance of success?" and while that is true, it doesn't make me shake my head any less at a qb sneak.
I didn't know drags or slants had a 99% success rate.

Not even close to the same thing. Intellectually dishonest at best.

They're also never my first read unless it's a short yardage situation. But, if people are dropping everyone into deep coverage to take away anything deep I want to throw, I would rather have a guy running a drag to the side I'm reading than flats the other way.

DJ Bowser

it's the thought behind it. "why do something that isn't as successful!?" which is why i said it's not exactly the same thing
Gotta have my checkdowns, mang. If I'm looking for the deep post and everyone back in coverage, I want my checkdown to be on the side I'm reading rather than standing at the sideline forcing me to make a blind GQ throw.

It's sound and logical in the context of football. One could call it "Sim".

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Gotta have my checkdowns, mang. If I'm looking for the deep post and everyone back in coverage, I want my checkdown to be on the side I'm reading rather than standing at the sideline forcing me to make a blind GQ throw.

It's sound and logical in the context of football. One could call it "Sim".

I dont care one way or the other, but i think you are missing his point.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Anyone know if Nightz has been around? Back earlier than I figured.

Fucking cars, mayne...fun driving back on one gear when your transmission goes fuckways, especially late on a Saturday

Screw you guys, I need to sell some wine.

Hot routes for life.

my wife is (was, before she got pregnant!) a big wine lover and always makes fun of me because the only wine i truly like is stella rosa which she says isn't real wine. i don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

rinse82

Somnia- sent you a pm, let me know if that time works

Daughter woke up and is crying but I should still be good for 9:30 ET ish

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I had to bolster my rushing totals the first two weeks since I seemingly can't run against you.

I went ahead and checked your numbers my dear friend.

Demont Gray through 2 weeks - 48 carries.

Entire Dallas Cowboys team including A-Rodge kneels last season through 4 weeks - 51 carries.

Who would have thought that the key to success for you running the ball with the best OL in the game was to.... actually run the ball!

Peddle your bullshit elsewhere.

Top Bottom