• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

TheCrow

Can someone play a bot match with me later tonight? Would like someone to coach me and need to practice with human team mates.

I've still only ever done the tutorials and they block off the items you can buy so I'll need to figure out what's best. Also, now that I figured out the courier, where is the secret shop?

What do you guys use to communicate?

Just shoot me a msg and I'll join you.

And Secret shops are the double circle ones here.
rLp1EHe.jpg

There's a difference between secret shops on the sides and in the middle. The ones on the sides carry town portals. The ones closer to the middle are full of parts of items that make your hero more powerful and shit

In fact I don't think I've gotten anything but a town portal from the side shops

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There's a difference between secret shops on the sides and in the middle. The ones on the sides carry town portals. The ones closer to the middle are full of parts of items that make your hero more powerful and shit

In fact I don't think I've gotten anything but a town portal from the side shops
Interesting. This is good to know.

How do you guys coordinate your attacks? Like would it be wise to send 3 heroes via one lane and just have the other two defended by creeps and support heroes for max push? How well do you guys coordinate your heroes?

brentech

How do you guys coordinate your attacks? Like would it be wise to send 3 heroes via one lane and just have the other two defended by creeps and support heroes for max push? How well do you guys coordinate your heroes?

Usually try to stay as a group of 5. Some hero lineups are better to send 1 separate pushing out a lane while the other 4 fight as a group. Still nice if the other guy can get back to the group to join in.
How well do we coordinate heroes? Sometimes terribly, sometimes great. Sometimes great hero coordination doesn't get you anywhere close to a win, sometimes it's the great equalizer. Not having a reliable stun or two on your team can really hurt in team fights, but that's not to say we've never won without them.
Game can really be a box of mysteries, but you always have to take smart fights (don't run uphill into the fog of war expecting to beat the other team, likewise running into a jungle with no vision expecting to beat a team that is possibly set up in there.)

TheCrow

For the most part you usually have a hero who is best suited to initiate fights(such as tidehunter, sand king, slardar, clockwork, etc) and then everyone else does their thing with different priorities depending on the hero makeup of the match.

You're describing split push which is valid strategy that focuses on opening the map by forcing reactions. Or straight out winning the game is they don't react. Or if they actually expect it and manage to pick off those 3 heroes than it just goes the other way and they can take objectives. That's why vision is king and little information that you notice can win games. For example, lets say you manage to see that their initiator tped to another tower across the map. Well now you're able to be more aggressive since a big part of their team has no way to get back quickly.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If all 5 are in the same lane doesn't it restrict the amount of gold that can be earned? I would think that one team with 5 in one lane versus another team that manages all 3 would be one sided by the time you get to mid-late game.

Edit - That was at Brent.

Somnia

If all 5 are in the same lane doesn't it restrict the amount of gold that can be earned? I would think that one team with 5 in one lane versus another team that manages all 3 would be one sided by the time you get to mid-late game.

He meant later you group as 5.

Early on typically one mid, two top and two bot when you first start learning. Sometimes 3 one lane, 1 mid and 1 solo lane or 2/1/1 and someone farming the jungle.

Rinse: I'll be home after 2PM CST just hit me up on steam and we will play, sorry about last night I fell asleep as soon as I got home.

TheCrow

For the most part you are absolutely right. Efficiently farming the whole map can be a huge advantage.

But there are some exceptions, such as push strats when a team is on a timer. Let's say you notice that the other team is very late game oriented(meaning they need a lot farm to fight) then you can just build a team that is so strong with 5 man push that it can't be stopped. Your 5 man strat can snowball and get such an overwhelming lead that you can just take their base. Of course this can backfire and if they do manage to defend then eventually your opponents will get to the late game. Where now they have an advantage. This is where a more broad understanding of heroes and team make ups really come into play. It really just takes time to get experience with all the heroes.

rinse82

He meant later you group as 5.

Early on typically one mid, two top and two bot when you first start learning. Sometimes 3 one lane, 1 mid and 1 solo lane or 2/1/1 and someone farming the jungle.

Rinse: I'll be home after 2PM CST just hit me up on steam and we will play, sorry about last night I fell asleep as soon as I got home.

I won't be around till night time, so I'll catch you around 9-10 ET

brentech

Yeah, I was talking about the 'coordinating your attacks', not laning or any of the other 100 things that should be getting done.

Smokey

50 cent ordered back to court after claiming he's broke, and then flashing cash lol

160219195509-50-cent-instagram-cash-780x439.jpg

In court on Thursday, the judge told the rapper's attorney: "I'm concerned about allegations of nondisclosure or a lack of transparency in the case."

lul

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Atleast one of those games happened last night so DL isnt updated. But im guessing its still more than two.

TheCrow

One of those is way too formal.

Side note, saw deadpool last night, am assuming fmt hated it.

As a big deadpool fan I was going to love it anyway but I was surprised with just how well they managed to do it. Even more shocking is how much money it's making. It's huge.

Greg

One of those is way too formal.

Side note, saw deadpool last night, am assuming fmt hated it.
I enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much as most people

felt like it was trying way too hard most of the time... was hard to settle in and actually enjoy it

it was like when a comedian is interviewed on a late night talk show and annoyingly tries to force all their jokes in

TheCrow

felt like it was trying way too hard most of the time... was hard to settle in and actually enjoy it

it was like when a comedian is interviewed on a late night talk show and annoyingly tries to force all their jokes in

That's a very accurate description of deadpool.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Exactly what i thought. God forbid you express that opinion in the OT tho.

brentech

Sooo, Deadpool is Amy Schumer?

Nightz

Side shops are definitely more than a tp scroll shop. There are quite a few useful items there (boots and wand for example). You can even build things like phase boots and mana boots from the available items. Saves you a lot of time, especially in the early game when your mid is hogging the courier.

Side shops are definitely more than a tp scroll shop. There are quite a few useful items there (boots and wand for example). You can even build things like phase boots and mana boots from the available items. Saves you a lot of time, especially in the early game when your mid is hogging the courier.

Totes forgot about the boots
that's kind of important

eznark

Banned
Wood/wedge fitting done. Cannot wait for my Hogan wedges. 54/58. Best feeling club I've ever hit. I was getting 11k rpm with the 58. Better than what I was getting with my PM grind 60. Time to hit it long and spin it in boys! Forged wedges are masturbation worthy.

After 2 hours, 10 driver heads and 6 shafts I shockingly settled on the Mizuno JPX driver. Couldn't believe it but God I smoked the shit out of it. The new Nike driver is a legit piece of shit. Spinny, light garbage. Ping G is excellent, but shock of shocks the JPX numbers were just better. Low spin, a more penetrating trajectory and a lot more control. Went with a fujikura tour stiff shaft chopped about 3/4 of an inch. Im so short :(

Gulf iz kuhl

Wood/wedge fitting done. Cannot wait for my Hogan wedges. 54/58. Best feeling club I've ever hit. I was getting 11k rpm with the 58. Better than what I was getting with my PM grind 60. Time to hit it long and spin it in boys! Forged wedges are masturbation worthy.

After 2 hours, 10 driver heads and 6 shafts I shockingly settled on the Mizuno JPX driver. Couldn't believe it but God I smoked the shit out of it. The new Nike driver is a legit piece of shit. Spinny, light garbage. Ping G is excellent, but shock of shocks the JPX numbers were just better. Low spin, a more penetrating trajectory and a lot more control. Went with a fujikura tour stiff shaft chopped about 3/4 of an inch. Im so short :(

Gulf iz kuhl

Can you put this in hot shots golf terms

Top Bottom