• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

I'll always look forward to the draft!
Some of my team's best players are hitting their mid 30s though and it'll be time to replace them. I've been putting all Xp in the linebacker I drafted cause he'll have to anchor the ship soon, campbell is getting old, mayo, Peterson, my LT and LG, gotta get motes a better complement than John Brown too

congrats brent tech

Somnia

I'll always look forward to the draft!
Some of my team's best players are hitting their mid 30s though and it'll be time to replace them. I've been putting all Xp in the linebacker I drafted cause he'll have to anchor the ship soon, campbell is getting old, mayo, Peterson, my LT and LG, gotta get motes a better complement than John Brown too

Most of my team is getting really old and slow, then I screwed up this draft and fell for player hype so really screwed myself.

I have a good young QB and RB, good oline that will last for the rest of the game, but my WR's and TE are getting older and my defense is old across the board.

Brent here's the clip from last nights game where my 5'9 WR destroys half of Rob's team

Looks like he almost steps out of bounds too

http://youtu.be/OB7FI6grKzQ

dat chain animation

Thanks guys

The mom had him and his brothers against our deck. We took in him and one brother, our neighbor took in the mom an the others. He looks nothing like the others, at all.

Milk mans cat is clearly the dad

LJ11

Not that anyone really cares, but MUThead just added player traits to their database. This is pretty cool because now we get to compare hundreds of players and see what affect these traits have on players in game.

Trasher

I'd probably refuse to run the ball too if I had 4 carries for -7 yards.

When you're met in the backfield for a loss on your first four carries, it doesn't help the morale for continuing to run the ball! I think I need to stop using the Pats playbook honestly. Just gonna go back to the Eagles!

Somnia

So rumors starting big on NX hitting this Fall with Zelda as a launch title eh. Curious what Nintendo does, based off that rumor thread it sounds like 3DS will stay till next year probably.

brentech

Brent here's the clip from last nights game where my 5'9 WR destroys half of Rob's team

Looks like he almost steps out of bounds too

http://youtu.be/OB7FI6grKzQ

MeaslyUniqueKodiakbear.gif

Greg

Somnia, what did you think of X-Files?

what the fuck - I thought it was supposed to be 6 episodes and done for good again? EP 3 still the GOAT

So rumors starting big on NX hitting this Fall with Zelda as a launch title eh. Curious what Nintendo does, based off that rumor thread it sounds like 3DS will stay till next year probably.
If I can carry my Wii U titles (Disc and digital) I'm in. If not I'm not trusting their shit anymore.

Splat

next time when i cant really play i just wont, and will hold the league up instead of getting my starting qb hurt and being subjected to drags and tosses for a hour

Since I like seeing my game charts, I charted it!
Tosses: 2, for 0 yards and -1 yard
Drags thrown to: interception to open game, 9 yards, 7 yards.

(You'd be much better off complaining about the amount of inside zones run, but everyone runs them since they're the main audible on most shotgun formations in a lot of books so....)

Not that anyone really cares, but MUThead just added player traits to their database. This is pretty cool because now we get to compare hundreds of players and see what affect these traits have on players in game.
Thats pretty cool, ive always been a big mechanics guy playing the game for the 1v1. Competition, so its fun getting into franchise finally and having to learn about the individual stats more

Right now my starting center sucks because he has a low strength rating, it really seems to matter for oline a lot because his rbk and pbk ratings are solid

Somnia

Somnia, what did you think of X-Files?

what the fuck - I thought it was supposed to be 6 episodes and done for good again? EP 3 still the GOAT

I liked it, I'd say 3,6,4,2,1,5 is my order of it. 3 was amazing. No they said they wanted to do more if it was well received, rumors are they filmed two endings and the cliff hanger ending won out due to people liking it so much. Gillian and David both said they'd return if they kept it to small 6-10 episode seasons.

If I can carry my Wii U titles (Disc and digital) I'm in. If not I'm not trusting their shit anymore.

I have a feeling disc yes, digital no just like 360/ps3>next gen (well till xb1 started partial BC).

DJ Bowser

This makes me happy I didn't impulsively buy the Wii U to get Smash Bros around Christmas time.

So whenever I stream something over twitch I get a weird issue. I'll end the broadcast and as soon as that happens my PSN is no longer connected to the Internet and I have to restart everything to get it to reconnect.

What's happening?

Greg

I liked it, I'd say 3,6,4,2,1,5 is my order of it. 3 was amazing. No they said they wanted to do more if it was well received, rumors are they filmed two endings and the cliff hanger ending won out due to people liking it so much. Gillian and David both said they'd return if they kept it to small 6-10 episode seasons.
shit, I never knew that

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This makes me happy I didn't impulsively buy the Wii U to get Smash Bros around Christmas time.

There were probably 5-7 games on Wii u that I loved and made the console more than worth it for me.

I'm also very much looking forward to its homebrew capabilities in a couple years. That thing will be a great emulation machine because of the pad.

brentech

There were probably 5-7 games on Wii u that I loved and made the console more than worth it for me.

I'm also very much looking forward to its homebrew capabilities in a couple years. That thing will be a great emulation machine because of the pad.

By then a new raspberry pi will come out and do it better.
edit: I'm being facetious while trying to promote the Pi, because it's awesome.

DJ Bowser

I'm sure I'd really enjoy having it especially since Smash is my favorite video game franchise; I just wouldn't be able to justify getting the Wii U then the NX less than a year later to myself.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Congrats Bren. That feeling of "Yeah my boys still work!" is top tier.

Wellington getting the proper Dota introduction:

Lw1cObQ.jpg

been there myself at one point. proud to say i've never been the asshole to say it

I've gotten something similar but it was in some south American language

also Wellie I hope you aren't already done. the game is better when you aren't dealing with calls from crazy women!

AT did us a nice favor by giving us some really in depth coaching. It'll take some time but eventually the really basic stuff will click. At some point a lot of the advice you receive will be about how to react in certain situations and that's when things become more interesting

like for example me learning that bottles can be refilled by runes I've been playing the whole time by consuming the bottle and sending it back to the base to refill and bring back to me -________-

Picked up the new irons yesterday afternoon.

Set up tee times for 36 holes today.

Of course it is pouring rain.

welli: couple key things to focus on in my opionion
1. Don't worry about K/D/A. You're playing a support hero, getting kills isn't your goal.
2. Focus on getting experience. Judge how well you have played by your character level in match. If you are maintaining a level close to your core's, then you are probably doing a totally fine job. If you are way underleveled it means you're dying too much or you aren't staying in the action.
3. Don't worry so much about items yet. Just focus on mechanics.
4. Use your spells. Supports are usually squishy. Get your spells off before you die and you're good to go.

Fuck that dude lol. I did suck but whatever I don't care. I will be playing more I just need to refine my tactics like eznark mentioned. That was like my 3rd game with Lich and prob 5th in support so I need to improve my micromanaging of my own guy. The one thing I really wish is that the camera were way further out. I forget who said it, but yes, my hero isn't on screen much because I like to scope.

I had to have some dudes replace my water heater today so while they were working on it I got to read up on things. I know what a ward is now. How was that jerkoff bloodseeker teleporting right next to me all the time? Fuck that dude too.

The best part was that whenever I got around to it I was saying shit back to the guy but I never unclicked the "talk to coach" box or whatever, so I would say things and it would only go to AT.

I am ready to play more tonight, the girl is going to call me when she gets out of work at 9:30 so I should be good to go at around 10. I couldn't deal with both her histrionics and the game at the same time.

Edit: Also I can't really get mad at myself if I am bad - you guys have been playing this game for 2.5 years and other MOBAs, this is my first real crack at dota and mobas in general.

That was like the end of round style of clip emptying where you just keep unloading into the dead body. Only it was a friendly that was alive and in the same area as you for a solid 20 seconds before it happened.

honestly I tried really hard not to laugh hysterically into the mic for the first thirty seconds, only to fail after everyone stopped talking for a bit, then I lost it.

Most memorable R6 moment

Ive really got the urge to go golfing lately. Mainly because a tornado touchdowned on the golfcourse right next to my house a week ago and ripped up all these monstrous trees. Looks like a warzone. Drove by and saw people playing through it today, looks fun.

Smokey

So whenever I stream something over twitch I get a weird issue. I'll end the broadcast and as soon as that happens my PSN is no longer connected to the Internet and I have to restart everything to get it to reconnect.

What's happening?

I've had a bunch of twitch streaming issues lately.

DJ Bowser

I don't always stream, but when I do I stream in low quality.

And don't have the video playing on my computer. Can't be too careful!

Iiiiiif we advance tonight, I would love to play, Birdman. These Cardinals have been anxiously awaiting this matchup against the Norwegian Pirates.

brentech

I don't always stream, but when I do I stream in low quality.

And don't have the video playing on my computer. Can't be too careful!

no one should have the video playing while they're streaming.
Nice thing about youtube, you could let the video playback, but down the quality to like 240p just to get a good idea of what you did right/wrong if you ever needed.

Top Bottom