• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Smokey

next time when i cant really play i just wont, and will hold the league up instead of getting my starting qb hurt and being subjected to drags and tosses for a hour

twitch chat

Jumping-Out-of-Window.gif

GG Trash, you took a few too many bad angles on D and it was the difference. That 28 yds fake FB flip Lamar Miller TD felt so good. One or two drives after the only FB dive of the game. ReShad Jones with the hat trick! Game probably rewarding me a bit with the spreading out my DEs every play from the get go and predict pass on every defensive play because you refuse to run the ball..

Tannehill: 84.3, 17/23, 214 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT // 1 rush, 6 yds
Miller: 21 carries, 93 yds, 1 TD // 3 rec, 21 yds
Cameron: 7 rec, 117 yds
Jones: 7 Tkls, 1 TfL, 3 INTs

Stafford: 30.2, 18/35, 209 yds, 0 TDs, 4 INTs
Abdullah: 4 carries, -7 yds // 1 rec, 5 yds
Johnson: 7 rec, 65 yds
Quin: 10 Tkls, 1 INT

Wellington getting the proper Dota introduction:

Lw1cObQ.jpg
I've gotten something similar but it was in some south American language

also Wellie I hope you aren't already done. the game is better when you aren't dealing with calls from crazy women!

AT did us a nice favor by giving us some really in depth coaching. It'll take some time but eventually the really basic stuff will click. At some point a lot of the advice you receive will be about how to react in certain situations and that's when things become more interesting

like for example me learning that bottles can be refilled by runes I've been playing the whole time by consuming the bottle and sending it back to the base to refill and bring back to me -________-

eznark

Banned
Picked up the new irons yesterday afternoon.

Set up tee times for 36 holes today.

Of course it is pouring rain.

welli: couple key things to focus on in my opionion
1. Don't worry about K/D/A. You're playing a support hero, getting kills isn't your goal.
2. Focus on getting experience. Judge how well you have played by your character level in match. If you are maintaining a level close to your core's, then you are probably doing a totally fine job. If you are way underleveled it means you're dying too much or you aren't staying in the action.
3. Don't worry so much about items yet. Just focus on mechanics.
4. Use your spells. Supports are usually squishy. Get your spells off before you die and you're good to go.

Question for the powerline bros:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006JG5S6U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If I get that (up to 200Mbps, and I get about 100-115) and have it connected to my PS4, WiiU, and some other device, will that slow the speeds down in each of them because they're sharing the same unit? I wanted to get one with 3-4 ports so I could connect it to multiple devices downstairs.

You'll be lucky to get 50, but you probably don't need to worry about slowness unless you're streaming on all the devices at the same time.

You'll be lucky to get 50, but you probably don't need to worry about slowness unless you're streaming on all the devices at the same time.
as long as my ps4 can get close to what it would normally. for whatever reason even when connected it tops out between 35-40 down and about 5 up

brentech

Power line was a nightmare with diamond dynasty and other such modes because out of no where you just randomly drop connection for a minute. Game can still be played, but it no longer counts for anything.

ugh, doesn't sound good then. I still pull about 22/5 with wi-fi so it's not too bad but if I ever get a lag spike it makes me wonder!

Power line was a nightmare with diamond dynasty and other such modes because out of no where you just randomly drop connection for a minute. Game can still be played, but it no longer counts for anything.

For the record, I've never had problems with PowerLines dropping out. Might depend on how old the house is or what brand you get. My only issue is getting a 500mb one and only getting about 50.

Is the advance tonight?

My brother's bachelor party is this weekend so I'm hoping to fit my game in tonight if so.

Panthers-Packers (I think today)
Chargers-Seahawks (Don't know where Nightz is)
Steelers-Ravens (I think today)
Redskins-Buccaneers (lol)
Vikigns-Patriots (I have no idea)

For the record, I've never had problems with PowerLines dropping out. Might depend on how old the house is or what brand you get. My only issue is getting a 500mb one and only getting about 50.

When I first moved here I borrowed my dad's, and I remember some outlets were a lot worse than others. I can't remember what they were though. I think I'm going to just suck it up for now and then get them if I absolutely must. It's not like I'm in a really bad wireless situation, just that if I know I can get something to perform better I feel like I should try.

DJ Bowser

Panthers-Packers (I think today)
Chargers-Seahawks (Don't know where Nightz is)
Steelers-Ravens (I think today)
Redskins-Buccaneers (lol)
Vikigns-Patriots (I have no idea).
I'm gone tomorrow until Saturday night so if it's not tonight, that may end up working better anyhow.

Cowboys vs Rams can't be simmed!

eznark

Banned
Can't believe we are four seasons in and I am itching to play during the bye week, especially given where I felt the game started. That patch sounds like it fixed a lot of my issues with QB play, too.

Can't believe we are four seasons in and I am itching to play during the bye week, especially given where I felt the game started. That patch sounds like it fixed a lot of my issues with QB play, too.

we've been vancing at a good tick too, I wouldn't be shocked if we are in the post season by mid March.

LJ11

Yeah, league has juice. By this team last year I was neck deep in MUT, only way to get my football fix since the league was dead. I may not even have to resort to MUT this year, I've played 1 H2H game, and haven't touched Draft Champs in a good while. If I could find reliable buyers I would dump all my coins and collect 700-800 bucks and call it a year.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I definitely feel an interest in the league that would make me think we can go at least another season after this. Last season I had a tiny bit of Madden fatigue at the end of the season but FA + draft is good for carrying through that.

I definitely feel an interest in the league that would make me think we can go at least another season after this. Last season I had a tiny bit of Madden fatigue at the end of the season but FA + draft is good for carrying through that.

Multitwitch and everyone watching and chatting has really helped to keep interest high, as well. I know we had it last year, but it seems like we have more people streaming this year and more people watching.

BigAT

Actually playing my games is the worst part of the league and why I nearly quit after last season. Shitposting in Twitch chat is way more fun and rewarding.

LukeSmith

Multitwitch and everyone watching and chatting has really helped to keep interest high, as well. I know we had it last year, but it seems like we have more people streaming this year and more people watching.

Yeah I feel like the multitwitch + chat stuff has really pushed the league forward socially in a bunch of good ways

Birdman02

I'm interested in when the Vikings-Pats game is, would like to watch that one

Cola said he is available tonight at about 7:30 pst. That would normally work fine for me, but I am gonna have to be designated driver for some friends at some point tonight...just not sure exactly what time.

We might have to play tomorrow night.

Somnia

"Did you try the 100 different ways that you may need to use to contact him?"

Instead of "Hey dm, pay at least a little bit of attention to the goddamn league you're in."

Sounds like the status quo, hell its easier to get ahold of GQ and he's perma banned.

To be fair though, DM got back to me pretty fast in PM's on GAF.

Top Bottom