• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Birdman02

Me, Wellie, and Brent are about to do some daytime Dotes for anyone else around

Also your normal gaming hour, don't be embarrassed, just call it the NBA2k/Billy Blatt hour

In fact I'm sending Billy to your party tonight so he can just sit there and talk shit about everything you do

So you're saying it will be like any other night of playing with Billy. I'm gonna go with grbac's idea of just muting him from now on!

Lately, it's been the R6 hour. I need to get back to 2k.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I messaged DM, he said he could play Scott at 5:30

I swear you guys make this shit up about DM, he has always responded to my messages promptly. I still love ya buddy!

Anyone who likes SupCom play Ashes of the Singularity?

The game seems very similar and I've been wanting a game like this (Planetary Annihilation sucked, never again)

brentech

Not sure why my computer is suddenly shitting out. Updated some drivers, but starting to worry it's actually hardware related.
These are full system lockups, so there is nothing in the event viewer to get a idea of what is going wrong.

Nightz

That was rough.

Note to self dont TP out of upcoming major firefights
Not a shabby job in the second game as Lina. Just a couple of things you'll want to pay attention to as a safe lane (the lane we were in) support:
  • Leave the last hits to the carry - you were spamming your skills on the creeps at times, sometimes auto-attacking. As the support, you kinda have to give up farm to let the carry make money. So instead of attacking creeps...
  • Focus on denies - which I saw you had a few, so keep that up
  • Harass the opposing team - this is important especially since you were a ranged hero and one of the guys on the other team was melee. You want to make his life miserable.
  • I also noticed that you had a tendency to hang back a little too far. Hanging back is fair when you're a squishy hero, but you should know that being within range of an enemy creep dying will still give you XP. So you can still stay safe while soaking up XP. More often than not though, you were sitting back beyond that range so you weren't getting anything. Here's an example from that game (zoomed out while watching the replay):
    aDU2sq8.png
    When that enemy creep in the middle dies, you won't get any experience. If you were closer, you would.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Not a shabby job in the second game as Lina. Just a couple of things you'll want to pay attention to as a safe lane (the lane we were in) support:
  • Leave the last hits to the carry - you were spamming your skills on the creeps at times, sometimes auto-attacking. As the support, you kinda have to give up farm to let the carry make money. So instead of attacking creeps...
  • Focus on denies - which I saw you had a few, so keep that up
  • Harass the opposing team - this is important especially since you were a ranged hero and one of the guys on the other team was melee. You want to make his life miserable.
  • I also noticed that you had a tendency to hang back a little too far. Hanging back is fair when you're a squishy hero, but you should know that being within range of an enemy creep dying will still give you XP. So you can still stay safe while soaking up XP. More often than not though, you were sitting back beyond that range so you weren't getting anything. Here's an example from that game (zoomed out while watching the replay):

When that enemy creep in the middle dies, you won't get any experience. If you were closer, you would.

!!!

Thank you for the constructive help.

I thought for sure I was not attacking the creeps early game because I did want for you and ez to pick up the gold. I started spamming my spells later on because I had the Lina E skill and wanted to be able to run away quickly. Understood tho.

Thought I did decent harassing but I was shellshocked by the two straight Pudge games and the Spirit Breaker had already killed me a few times in that game so I wanted to stay back and keep from feeding those two clowns. Thanks for the tips. I am a sponge so whatever you guys tell me that's actually a real tip will help.

brentech

Another crash. Doesn't look like it was driver related, or at least not the 4 I updated. Though, I still get the sense that it's audio related for some reason.

Smokey

Not sure why my computer is suddenly shitting out. Updated some drivers, but starting to worry it's actually hardware related.
These are full system lockups, so there is nothing in the event viewer to get a idea of what is going wrong.

Another crash. Doesn't look like it was driver related, or at least not the 4 I updated. Though, I still get the sense that it's audio related for some reason.

Do a RAM test.
Could be PSU related.

Start it up in safe mode, w/ networking enabled and browse like normal. See if it continues to crash.

Colasante

I'm annoyed by the amount of uncalled DPI that occurs past ten yards.

GG Bird. That was fun until the :01 remaining TD and two pick sixes in consecutive sequences that killed my will to ever play Madden again.

Birdman02

I'm annoyed by the amount of uncalled DPI that occurs past ten yards.

GG Bird. That was fun until the :01 remaining TD and two pick sixes in consecutive sequences that killed my will to ever play Madden again.
GG man. Yeah, that 2-3 minute sequence really turned the game around for me. You were killing me in the 1st half. Down 17-0 to start, but I was able to get to the half down 6. Made some defensive adjustments at halftime, and they really paid off in the 2nd half.

If Scott and DM can line up and play, the advance will probably be at about 10:30 ET. If this doesn't end up working out I can advance it but I'm in NHL so it'll have to be in between games

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If Scott and DM can line up and play, the advance will probably be at about 10:30 ET. If this doesn't end up working out I can advance it but I'm in NHL so it'll have to be in between games

I spoke to DM before not Scott. He had said he would be home at 5:30 PST

Top Bottom