• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
lolol you've barely scratched the surface, Ole 2 Kills! I do enjoy your enthusiasm though. Keep it up!

Busted Ankle Wellie is best Wellie

Edit: Oh shit! HE HAD TWO KILLS!

Trust that there was a joke made when that happened.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Welli had a deny too! Light off the fireworks...er, well, some other metaphor!

+1 more denies that I had in my previous game.

giphy.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its been (and will continue to be) a very busy week for me so its been nice to have a bye week AND being able to watch wellington learn dota.

Watching a new person try to learn the game is always a stark reminder of how damn near impossible it is. Alot of fun, though.

eznark

Banned
Welli going full Bob mode and already claiming greatness. We've created a monster!

Big tip from last night: communicate better

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Welli going full Bob mode and already claiming greatness. We've created a monster!

Big tip from last night: communicate better

For me? OK. I thought you guys were saying my mic was bad so I didn't want to keep screwing up mumble. After the 10 second delay on the "WHAT!?" I pretty much gave you my issues on communicating right then, I was trying to absorb and process all of the information on screen to try and be somewhat effective.

Still working on my mechanics but I am also focusing on learning the heroes. When I was following you guys around I was going through your abilities after CB told me not to heal whoever was Juggernaut so much due to the healing ward. Still don't feel great with any of the heroes I've been using tbh. I am looking for someone that is high DPS with a good stun.

Also AZ was pretty good, kept going on mega kill sprees. Not sure what you guys are talking about with him

eznark

Banned
You need to learn that K/D/A is not a terribly important indicator. He was Clinkz and didn't leave his lane for the first 25 minutes of that game.

For me? OK. I thought you guys were saying my mic was bad so I didn't want to keep screwing up mumble. After the 10 second delay on the "WHAT!?" I pretty much gave you my issues on communicating right then, I was trying to absorb and process all of the information on screen to try and be somewhat effective.

Still working on my mechanics but I am also focusing on learning the heroes. When I was following you guys around I was going through your abilities after CB told me not to heal whoever was Juggernaut so much due to the healing ward. Still don't feel great with any of the heroes I've been using tbh. I am looking for someone that is high DPS with a good stun.

We joked a lot about the timing of your spells but honestly when in doubt just use them, especially in a team fight. With shallow grave, get it on the damage dealer. And after a certain point, especially with dazzle, you no longer have mana issues so you can spam your spells.

You just need to turn off voice chat in game. You talking was coming through on mumble and in game, which causes a terrible echo.

Greg

there's no way for me to deactivate machines myself, but there's a limit on the amount of machines this software can be installed to

meanwhile I'm down for going on 24 hours because I have to wait for support to e-mail me back and unlock my serials

eat shit

Somnia

Also AZ was pretty good, kept going on mega kill sprees. Not sure what you guys are talking about with him

I wonder if you should try more of pusher based off what you want. Maybe someone like Death Prophet, Shadow Shaman, Drow Ranger or something. Just an idea, don't know if others would agree. Just based off what you've said and in this here I don't know if you are wanting to play pure support.

Birdman02

Racists/Buccaneers, Cheatriots/Vikings, were you able to settle a time to play tonight? Advance is 11 CT.

I'm available after 9 ct tonight. One of Cola's messages said he should be home sometime before 9:30 ct, so we should definitely be able play before the advance.

I'm available after 9 ct tonight. One of Cola's messages said he should be home sometime before 9:30 ct, so we should definitely be able play before the advance.
Damn it so you'll be using your single nightly Madden token :(

also I looked at your defense. no wonder you've allowed just 9 points this year. your defense is completely insane, everyone is so fast and your front 7 can get after it. This is going to be a grind and probably Kenny's worst game ever

I just have to avoid that multiple interception game!

Birdman02

Damn it so you'll be using your single nightly Madden token :(

also I looked at your defense. no wonder you've allowed three points this year, or 9 whatever. your defense is completely insane, everyone is so fast and your front 7 can get after it. This is going to be a grind and probably Kenny's worst game ever

I just have to avoid that multiple interception game!
+

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.

The funny thing is...other than the MLB I drafted after season 1, I don't think I've added a starter on defense from FA or the draft. I have pumped a lot of XP into block shed though.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I can play tonight purple cheeto, or tomorrow during the day.

You need to learn that K/D/A is not a terribly important indicator. He was Clinkz and didn't leave his lane for the first 25 minutes of that game.

We joked a lot about the timing of your spells but honestly when in doubt just use them, especially in a team fight. With shallow grave, get it on the damage dealer. And after a certain point, especially with dazzle, you no longer have mana issues so you can spam your spells.

You just need to turn off voice chat in game. You talking was coming through on mumble and in game, which causes a terrible echo.

I wonder if you should try more of pusher based off what you want. Maybe someone like Death Prophet, Shadow Shaman, Drow Ranger or something. Just an idea, don't know if others would agree. Just based off what you've said and in this here I don't know if you are wanting to play pure support.

That one shallow grave I hit too early I have been trying to adjust my expectations to this game. Other games a buff like that lasts a good 10-15 seconds and I forgot that it was so short a duration when I got whoever early. I started working on a sequence of operations as we got later into the game with R (Buff/debuff), Q (Slow/stun/Poison), E(Heal), W(Shallow Grave) then run back until my heal cooled down. I should probably flip the first two but if I had a lane where I could get both allies and enemies in the range I wanted to take advantage.

I have some work to do today but later on I'm going to try and work on some more heroes. The more I learn the better I understand what these guys can do to me in battle. I wanted to launch my laptop through the wall when i got turned into a pig mid battle, thank God I had push to talk on mumble.

I think my main problem right now, like I was telling CB, is that playing with you guys I learn way more and way faster than playing bot matches. You guys laugh but I felt WAY more useful in the second game last night than the first. One day, maybe I can play with Rors.
Emoticon_happytears.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You know what other guy played a different hero every game? Livewire.

Just saying.

I got stuck last night since all the heroes I knew were blocked. Normally I practice during the day in bot matches then play with you guys later. I don't like Lich, that much I know.

Why don't you like Lich? Lich is awesome. Whenever I get to use him it always hits home.

I'm guessing you haven't unleashed a killer chain frost yet! The opponent becomes Lich's Bitches.

I do agree with above while it might be tempting to try different heroes a bunch it's a good way to learn by getting REALLY comfortable with one, helps you learn about how others work while still learning situations. Bringing a new hero into it can delay learning more important things.

Smokey

Mike Glennon for your second rounder?

He's better than Carson ever was

Wellie my day ends early today. I'll be on if you want to be practice bros

I only have to suffer for 1 week, although the one game is against Luke. The second is against the ghost of Ferny.

BigAT

I am going to move away from those heroes but I see you have a lot of dudes on your list. How do I view replays?

One thing I found incredibly helpful when I was first learning the game (and I think this applies to both learning the game from the start and picking up new heroes) is going to the replays tab, picking a hero you want to learn and then setting the filter to Very High skill and games featuring that hero. Find a game in which the hero does well, then watch the replay with the camera on player perspective.

You should learn more about the game (item build, skill build and proper usage, positioning, teamfight participation, etc.) than you will find in any guide.

^

There is an option you need to enable in game to view your stats online. Something like "Allow third party sites to see my profile" or something along those lines.

Wonder if I'll end up trying DOTA once I build this pc

So it sounds like Vance at around 10 ct tonight
You wonder? This thread is gonna be like sharks about it the rest of your life here

Advance is probably around 10:30 CT if Cola shows when Bird mentioned he might

Top Bottom