• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
87s5EB2.gif

GG

I am just really confused on what was going on in that game. Your OL was destroying my defensive line and my LBs. Your OL on the interior is weak, my DTs are both 90+ my MLB is 87 and I can't get a stop to save my life.

My RG has 90 RBK, 84 STR and 85 IBL. My LG has 80 RBK, 92 STR and 80 IBL. They both have low overall's because of shitty awareness but they're not complete dog shit.

I also mixed in Rawls more than I have all season because Jamison was gassed a lot, I think having fresh legs helped, he had some big runs in the fourth when everyone else was probably tired.

Rorschach

They got rid of James hosting Shanghai Major? People seem up in arms about it, but I was hoping to see less of him. He's just too awkward and annoying. Only time I've enjoyed him was in the house two TIs ago.

BigAT

They got rid of James hosting Shanghai Major? People seem up in arms about it, but I was hoping to see less of him. He's just too awkward and annoying. Only time I've enjoyed him was in the house two TIs ago.

Replacing him with Sheever = upgrade.

eznark

Banned
I think he's pretty good, but I guess valve preferred the static graphic to actual discussion. Weird. I turned it off at midnight because I realized it was just a static screen and I thought it had ended or something.

Did they say why?

Rorschach

I think he's pretty good, but I guess valve preferred the static graphic to actual discussion. Weird. I turned it off at midnight because I realized it was just a static screen and I thought it had ended or something.

Did they say why?

No one has said anything. James said he's making a statement tonight. Said "they told me to be myself" and that they got rid of him "after that last segment", but I didn't watch that segment. Probably more rape jokes.

They still have the banter. The static screen was on the second stream.

Smokey

Go Texan day across the city to celebrate the rodeo. Work is having unlimited bbq for $5 for 4 hours. Smoked brisket, catfish po boys, fiesta bowls, chicken tacos, and soda floats.

#GodBlessTexas
#PheeniksShouldBeHere
#FlabbyFridays

brentech

Code:
Team	                      W      L	     T	       Pct
Minnesota Vikings	       5	0	0	1.000
Green Bay Packers	       0	4	0	0.000
Chicago Bears	               0	4	0	0.000
Detroit Lions	               0	4	0	0.000

Live video from the NFC North
keiWDhl.gif

That's what Bird did to my entire team last night. Have literally never had a harder time putting up points and this was knowing he had 2-3 deep on every play against Motes.

This pokemon bank sounds cool till I realize I don't give a single fuck about Pokemon anymore

eznark

Banned
Do you have Drew Berrymore's disease from that Sandler movie? You said the exact same thing like 12 hours ago.

They ever get the lag/latency down enough on the baseball games to playable levels?

They did! But Sony decided to reintroduce all the lag via cumbersome and unnecessary animations.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What time is DOTA? Need to do some housework.

Also, you guys telling me to learn one hero, what the fuck do I do when the hero draft type dictates I can't use said hero?

Reason I had to even use Dazzle was due to Lina and Lich being unavailable. Used Shadow Shaman last night for the same reason. It is confirmed now that you guys are nuts.

lol - every year you guys with the Show league.

eznark

Banned
I'm sorry Wellington, I will be unavailable til tomorrow evening. I look forward to seeing all the progress you have made in that time.

Are there any Rangers fans in the show league? If not, I want in.
Some guy had the Rangers but I'm not sure if he is a Rangers fan.

I'm really thinking of limiting our league to Madden members only with a few of the reliable folk from the previous league. I got no interest anymore in spending weeks learning who actually wants to play and who doesn't. And some previously reliable guys in years past were super flaky last year.

brentech

I'm really thinking of limiting our league to Madden members only with a few of the reliable folk from the previous league. I got no interest anymore in spending weeks learning who actually wants to play and who doesn't. And some previously reliable guys in years past were super flaky last year.

If you did something like this and it wasn't a bunch of guys harping on me to play games that I don't even know, I might join a league. Otherwise, offline franchise for life!
I'm just not willing to dedicate the same amount of time to MLB that I do to Madden.

eznark

Banned

I'd last longer if this is the case. I'm probably in for the long haul no matter how shitty the game this year though.

I'd last longer if this is the case. I'm probably in for the long haul no matter how shitty the game this year though.
Don't you usually leave somewhere over the summer?

Also just like last year, games against me will be more boring than a game against WellingtoDM, don't forget about that!

As for extras, let's see who we can summon from within here before we see if we need more. Should we have extras I'll make sure they're legit and all that. But I'm leaning towards shorter seasons.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm sorry Wellington, I will be unavailable til tomorrow evening. I look forward to seeing all the progress you have made in that time.

I actually learn the most from you yelling at me. Had a few guys tell me not to get upset when you freak out, I don't give a shit, I would be the same way if I was hyper competitive in this. Thanks for the help so far
Emoticon_happytears.gif

First time I ever bought let alone placed a ward "OH MY GOD THAT IS HORRIBLE PLACEMENT, LITERALLY THE WORST EVER". Thankfully I had push to talk enabled on mumble because I was in tears laughing so hard.

eznark

Banned
Usually I make it one season. I think this year I might have to swallow my pride and admit that I'm just not good enough to play as the Brewers. Normally I am able to play around .650 ball but this Brewers team is so fucking garbage that it would be stupid to take them in a 15-ish person league. Plus this Saints experience has been revelatory.

Wellington said:
I actually learn the most from you yelling at me. Had a few guys tell me not to get upset when you freak out, I don't give a shit, I would be the same way if I was hyper competitive in this. Thanks for the help so far
I'm almost never actually mad (exceptions are with AZ and Blue and myself...who really should fucking know better and sometimes with Somnia, who is probably who Shake was really talking about when he screamed at CB) but I feel like if I just say "uh, that ward should be placed differently lets talk later" no one will remember 50 minutes later. If I say "you fucking retard that ward sucks shit die" then you'll remember to ask me about it because your hatred of me will never let you forget that insult. And then when you drop sick sentry wards to get massive team wipes in high skill against invis heroes you WILL PING THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF IT AND CONSTANTLY REMIND AT OF HOW AWESOME THAT FUCKING WARD WAS BECAUSE FUCK AT SERIOUSLY FUCK AT FUCK AT FUCK AT.

ahem

Also I've always been more of a Herb Brooks than a Bob Johnson when teaching.

LJ11

who else would take them? the jays are yours like how the niners are FMTs!

oh right bigjonsson.......yeah they're yours

Who has the Mets?

I'm picking it up and spending a ton of time with it. End game MUT has been trash, EA greedy as fuck this year.

Somnia

What time is DOTA? Need to do some housework.

Also, you guys telling me to learn one hero, what the fuck do I do when the hero draft type dictates I can't use said hero?

Reason I had to even use Dazzle was due to Lina and Lich being unavailable. Used Shadow Shaman last night for the same reason. It is confirmed now that you guys are nuts.

lol - every year you guys with the Show league.

Other than my Madden game against TLBB I'm around all night, just hit me up on Steam.

The problem is they kept Random Draft on as a selection which limits the heroes, we should probably stick to all draft right now with you imo.

eznark

Banned
Other than my Madden game against TLBB I'm around all night, just hit me up on Steam.

The problem is they kept Random Draft on as a selection which limits the heroes, we should probably stick to all draft right now with you imo.

The reason I used random draft is because we were partied up. So we'll be facing 5 stacks of people who have probably played more than 4 games of dota.

Random draft at least limits the synergy of teams that will be far, far superior in talent. Plus I think the "stick to one hero" method is dumb.

Who has the Mets?

I'm picking it up and spending a ton of time with it. End game MUT has been trash, EA greedy as fuck this year.
The Mets are dmncnby2k's team.

can't wait to battle you in DD though. I am looking forward to that very much. actually I'm just stoked period!
at this point maybe it's better to have a league literally to our own. I could probably make a separate league for all the other crew we've previously had

Somnia

Usually I make it one season. I think this year I might have to swallow my pride and admit that I'm just not good enough to play as the Brewers. Normally I am able to play around .650 ball but this Brewers team is so fucking garbage that it would be stupid to take them in a 15-ish person league. Plus this Saints experience has been revelatory.

I'm almost never actually mad (exceptions are with AZ and Blue and myself...who really should fucking know better and sometimes with Somnia, who is probably who Shake was really talking about when he screamed at CB) but I feel like if I just say "uh, that ward should be placed differently lets talk later" no one will remember 50 minutes later. If I say "you fucking retard that ward sucks shit die" then you'll remember to ask me about it because your hatred of me will never let you forget that insult. And then when you drop sick sentry wards to get massive team wipes in high skill against invis heroes you WILL PING THE FUCKING SHIT OUT OF IT AND CONSTANTLY REMIND AT OF HOW AWESOME THAT FUCKING WARD WAS BECAUSE FUCK AT SERIOUSLY FUCK AT FUCK AT FUCK AT.

ahem

Also I've always been more of a Herb Brooks than a Bob Johnson when teaching.

Shake yelling at CB? I'm at a loss on that lol

Somnia

The reason I used random draft is because we were partied up. So we'll be facing 5 stacks of people who have probably played more than 4 games of dota.

Random draft at least limits the synergy of teams that will be far, far superior in talent. Plus I think the "stick to one hero" method is dumb.

Ah ok ya that makes sense now that you say why. I prefer it right now because it forces me to play different heroes, though I still need to learn the meta with all the heroes which is obvious by my choice last night. Though vision ruined me when I got ganked :(

eznark

Banned
So I've lost all confidence in DFS, which means I am just betting all of my balance every weekend on PGA. I can't stop winning. It's infuriating. I even picked Zach Johnson (those PXG's ain't working out for him) and Jerry Kelly this week and still I am top 4 in all three double up competitions. What a nightmare!

Ah ok ya that makes sense now that you say why. I prefer it right now because it forces me to play different heroes, though I still need to learn the meta with all the heroes which is obvious by my choice last night. Though vision ruined me when I got ganked :(
Yeah, we all have to be better at chipping in on support items. Tusk is totally worthless if you have to buy every ward and upgrade the courier. Fall behind real fast.

LJ11

I can't wait for daily LJ posts about the Diamond Dynasty market

I talked to Zep a bit, I'm really interested in figuring things out, will take time do so I'm sure. But the fact that your beginner cards improve with the way players perform in the regular season, that's pretty dope. Not sure how it will be this year. EA feasts on updating cards every single week.

The Mets are dmncnby2k's team.

can't wait to battle you in DD though. I am looking forward to that very much. actually I'm just stoked period!

Same here.

brentech

This was absolutely not the problem at all. While he may not like shadow shaman after 1 game, or ever, his play on him wasn't the problem of the game. Too many things went wrong that game, starting with the hero selection (not ss), to pretend a off-lane support had anything to do with it.

Welli gets stuck sitting in the fountain looking in the shop, and I get that, the shop is overwhelming as fuck. Already 110-ish heroes to get an idea of what they do, add in all the items and you want to stab someone. BUT -- forget all that and learn the basic items and how to use them effectively. Wards wards wards.
Vision is like 70% of MaddenGAF problems, learn it early. It's why I hate playing mid, we usually lack the proper vision to play it well and go out for ganks without leaving yourself vulnerable.

Top Bottom