• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Splat

I know this isn't the CB approved "play lich forever" learning method, but when I started playing dota 2 (I'd played dota 1 some but not in forever), I basically went through and did fake A-Z. For context Wellie: A-Z is when you play every hero alphabetically until you win once with each guy. I just did one game each, but like you said, for me knowing what other heroes are able to do to me is very helpful when playing, so being able to run through and get a sense of the rest of the roster was helpful. Takes fucking forever, though. The probably (easiest) way would be to work through in this order: http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/played since they're the ones you're most likely to encounter in games. It's kinda shitty that pudge/invoker are top 2 though, since they're 2 of the least newbie friendly heroes.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I know this isn't the CB approved "play lich forever" learning method, but when I started playing dota 2 (I'd played dota 1 some but not in forever), I basically went through and did fake A-Z. For context Wellie: A-Z is when you play every hero alphabetically until you win once with each guy. I just did one game each, but like you said, for me knowing what other heroes are able to do to me is very helpful when playing, so being able to run through and get a sense of the rest of the roster was helpful. Takes fucking forever, though. The probably (easiest) way would be to work through in this order: http://www.dotabuff.com/heroes/played since they're the ones you're most likely to encounter in games. It's kinda shitty that pudge/invoker are top 2 though, since they're 2 of the least newbie friendly heroes.

This is a lie. Your learning method was "take every hero into the jungle at the start of the game until CB's soul is destroyed. It was pretty effective at doing that, at least.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I get the warnings, understand I'm not going to be in any games with you guys with a hero I never played before after last night. Lich and Lina the two heroes I was most used to were taken so I was scrambling and remembered I liked Dazzle from the tutorials.

IMO this is AD&D on a computer with a fast pace and high competition. Each hero is a bag of stats, in my mind, I'm just looking through stats to find a combination I like. What sets them apart obviously is the abilities but even they can be broken down into 6-7 categories.

I'm going to keep evaluating my play and if I'm wrong I have no problem switching back to the style you guys recommend. You all have been at it much longer than I have, I just feel my biggest hurdle right now is game mechanics as you saw yesterday and that is independent of any particular hero.

LukeSmith

I get the warnings, understand I'm not going to be in any games with you guys with a hero I never played before after last night. Lich and Lina the two heroes I was most used to were taken so I was scrambling and remembered I liked Dazzle from the tutorials.

IMO this is AD&D on a computer with a fast pace and high competition. Each hero is a bag of stats, in my mind, I'm just looking through stats to find a combination I like. What sets them apart obviously is the abilities but even they can be broken down into 6-7 categories.

I'm going to keep evaluating my play and if I'm wrong I have no problem switching back to the style you guys recommend. You all have been at it much longer than I have, I just feel my biggest hurdle right now is game mechanics as you saw yesterday and that is independent of any particular hero.

Wellie getting into DOTA is kind of pulling at me to start playing again.

Splat

This is a lie. Your learning method was "take every hero into the jungle at the start of the game until CB's soul is destroyed. It was pretty effective at doing that, at least.

That was at least 2 years into playing, and was an idea I stole from a 4500 mmr friend of mine. It also mostly worked!

You hated my jungle Terrorblade:
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/4913/matches?hero=terrorblade

and my jungle void
http://www.dotabuff.com/players/4913/matches?hero=faceless-void

Zeus might be a fun hero for Wellie to learn mid, so long as he can press R when you guys yell at him

eznark

Banned
I was thinking about it a lot today, I think the hero Welli should play a lot of is Bristleback. It might be the best training hero in the game. Tanky as fuck, doesn't have a lot of spells to cast, doesn't really buy a lot of active items, is almost impossible to be "useless" with and will always be helpful.

I was thinking about it a lot today, I think the hero Welli should play a lot of is Bristleback. It might be the best training hero in the game. Tanky as fuck, doesn't have a lot of spells to cast, doesn't really buy a lot of active items, is almost impossible to be "useless" with and will always be helpful.
That is a good idea yea, because even if he isnt targeting the right hero in a team fight his aoe will be helpful

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If anyone sees a sale on PS+ memberships please let me know. Mine ran out beginning of February and I bought a month pass since I had no faith we would keep this going and I don't really play anything on line aside from Madden. Runs out like March 4th so I have time but I'd like to get a cheap yearly one.

Pretty sure Bird and I are going to have to sim our game. Our schedules haven't aligned well.

He mentioned earlier that you would be home at around 9:30 CT, advance is about 11, will you not be able to make it tonight?

I mean if you can't then it benefits me, I get to be Birdman's game of the night!

Wellie is our hero. I'm officially offering you my commissioner's spot just because of this:

CHDsJJx.jpg

IHlPzgN.jpg

Colasante

He mentioned earlier that you would be home at around 9:30 CT, advance is about 11, will you not be able to make it tonight?

I mean if you can't then it benefits me, I get to be Birdman's game of the night!

I could get in the game before 6pm Pacific, when I need to go out for a meeting, but he doesn't think he'll be able to before then. I offered him the sim win but he said he'd be fine with a regular sim. I could wait and see if we can do it tonight but I don't want to hold up the advance if it's not likely to happen.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
lmao you actually posted it

Much like we were talking about before with Bowser's situation from the other night, I am just upfront with all the women I date about everything. If I don't tell them and they get with me they don't know the full story and I open myself up to shit. I have gone as far as linking some of them to twitch streams. It's who I am, take it or leave it.

And before you cyber sleuths get any ideas, I am not friends with either one of them on FB, IG, Twitter or anything.

Scott, Cola, Bird, if you guys are ok with a sim, then let me know if you want to and have benched your starters, so I know when to go sim.

I'll assign Scott the win and sim the other game.

Bird---THESE CARDINALS ARE READY TO GO TONIGHT

Colasante

Scott, Cola, Bird, if you guys are ok with a sim, then let me know if you want to and have benched your starters, so I know when to go sim.

My starters are benched.

Birdman02

I could get in the game before 6pm Pacific, when I need to go out for a meeting, but he doesn't think he'll be able to before then. I offered him the sim win but he said he'd be fine with a regular sim. I could wait and see if we can do it tonight but I don't want to hold up the advance if it's not likely to happen.

It's looking more likely that I'll be able to play at 4:30, so we should be able to get it done before you have to leave at 6. I don't want to leave it to the Madden gods.

Phee, if I play Cola at 4:30 pt, then I can probably play you at my normal gaming hour...sometime around 9 -10 pacific.

Wait, I thought her name was Betty. Welli running the dota game on two chicks.
LMAO, he needs to have a backup ready to go since he'll likely lose one because of dota

My Starters are benched, ready to Sim now

Colasante

It's looking more likely that I'll be able to play at 4:30, so we should be able to get it done before you have to leave at 6. I don't want to leave it to the Madden gods.

Phee, if I play Cola at 4:30 pt, then I can probably play you at my normal gaming hour...sometime around 9 -10 pacific.

Okay, that'll work.

DJ Bowser

On my way to my Key West for my brother's bachelor party. Over/under of Maddengame streams I watch during the trip is at 2.

I am a wretch.

DCX

DCX
MaddenGAF has been elevated for sure this franchise. Streaming has made it so much fun!

I have lost sleep watching games, bravo!

DCX

Sounds good fellas, the advance will probably take place around 7:30 CT

Also Birdman why you gotta go Pacific time on me? We live in the same city lol

Birdman02

Sounds good fellas, the advance will probably take place around 7:30 CT

Also Birdman why you gotta go Pacific time on me? We live in the same city lol

LOL I was already talking in Pacific time for Cola. I didn't want to confuse you (or myself) by switching between time zones.

Me, Wellie, and Brent are about to do some daytime Dotes for anyone else around

LOL I was already talking in Pacific time for Cola. I didn't want to confuse you (or myself) by switching between time zones.

Also your normal gaming hour, don't be embarrassed, just call it the NBA2k/Billy Blatt hour

In fact I'm sending Billy to your party tonight so he can just sit there and talk shit about everything you do

Top Bottom