• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Who are the sexy rookies of this class? I've barely paid attention to that

This is finally the draft where I stop taking toys and take actual positions of need -_-

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
All the fucking breaks, can I have one?

Still laughing at CC's TE falling down in bounds with no timeouts and 8 seconds left, but gets maddened as being out of bounds. So, he can go and score a TD instead of run out of time :(

I also don't get the automatic challenge on a J Charles fumble at the end of the game, and have 3 drops/misses on a touchdown.

Come on Madden RNG, no need to kick me while I'm down.

All the fucking breaks

That game was ridiculous. That one drive you dropped 3 tds in a row. The last drive you recovered the fumble the announcers talked about it for the rest of the game but I still had the ball. Game is trash. The lag did fuck me on that one FG though

3 way tie for the best record in the AFC. I can never get that first round bye.

The core of the Dolphins offense has stayed the same for 4 seasons now. Same leading passer, rusher, and receiver for four straight seasons. An efficient Tanne seems to be completely key to our success.

Miami Dolphins

2015: (7-9)
2016: (2-14)
2017: (0-16)
2018: (9-7)

Tannehill

2015: 80.4, 233/373, 62.5%, 2947 yds, 16 TDs, 18 INTs // 5 att, -1 yds
2016: 52.7, 254/435, 58.4%, 2857 yds, 14 TDs, 37 INTs // 9 att, 68 yds
2017: 58.2, 225/434, 51.8%, 2868 yds, 16 TDs, 29 INTs // 27 att, 127 yds
2018: 77.9, 271/430, 63.0%, 3485 yds, 22 TDs, 28 INTs // 29 att, 236 yds, 1 TD

Miller

2015: 210 Att, 818 yds, 8 TDs // 41 rec, 359 yds, 3 TDs
2016: 244 att, 905 yds, 7 TDs // 45 rec, 206 yds, 1 TD
2017: 261 att, 1021 yds, 7 TDs // 27 rec, 320 yds, 2 TDs
2018: 239 att, 1049 yds, 13 TDs // 27 rec, 280 yds, 1 TD

Cameron

2015: 53 rec, 770 yds, 4 TDs
2016: 84 rec, 1042 yds, 6 TDs
2017: 79 rec, 1100 yds, 4 TDs
2018: 87 rec, 1306 yds, 11 TDs

Lonestar

That game was ridiculous. That one drive you dropped 3 tds in a row. The last drive you recovered the fumble the announcers talked about it for the rest of the game but I still had the ball. Game is trash. The lag did fuck me on that one FG though

3 way tie for the best record in the AFC. I can never get that first round bye.

Lag got me bad on the punt from inside the 10. Like a 15 yard punt, where I think you ran backwards a bit.

That last punt returned got a random fair catch on it, and I audibles on a 4th and 1 to a run, but I guess I must have hit pass, so I just ran the QB into the back of his own oline and sacked.

Can't wait for your defense to retire

brentech

bMQV6yT.png

Football Manager 2016 all too real.
And hosted by Poland....well, shit - here we go again. =\

Lag got me bad on the punt from inside the 10. Like a 15 yard punt, where I think you ran backwards a bit.

That last punt returned got a random fair catch on it, and I audibles on a 4th and 1 to a run, but I guess I must have hit pass, so I just ran the QB into the back of his own oline and sacked.

Can't wait for your defense to retire

I knew there was a couple of other plays that I couldn't think of. Most of my defensive players are still pretty young except Sean Smith and a few others. Just saw that the LB I drafted like two seasons ago from Alabama was 2nd behind Justin Houston in sacks on my team this season!

The Chiefs are the only team that didn't go for it on 4th a single time this season. Next closest are the Seahawks who were 3 for 3.

DJ Bowser

You around tonight, Bird?

I wanted to wait until after Az vs Splat to see if I should start Tebow, but I'll just stick to Operation 32 Catches for McKay.

You around tonight, Bird?

I wanted to wait until after Az vs Splat to see if I should start Tebow, but I'll just stick to Operation 32 Catches for McKay.

in looking at the scenario, this is the only way you could make the playoffs as a wildcard:

1. you have to beat the vikings
2. the falcons need to beat the saints
3. the panthers need to lose
4. the bears need to lose (not sure if this is for sure needed as i dont know what the next tie breaker after conference record would be)

OR, you could maybe still win the division if you win and the eagles lose? i dont know. you split the season series and would have identical division and conference records (assuming you win this week and eagles lose to the redskins)

DJ Bowser

in looking at the scenario, this is the only way you could make the playoffs as a wildcard:

1. you have to beat the vikings
2. the falcons need to beat the saints
3. the panthers need to lose
4. the bears need to lose (not sure if this is for sure needed as i dont know what the next tie breaker after conference record would be)

OR, you could maybe still win the division if you win and the eagles lose? i dont know. you split the season series and would have identical division and conference records (assuming you win this week and eagles lose to the redskins)
The least likely of these is probably a Bears loss.

Do the right thing, LBB!

Lonestar

Just for a little visual proof of Madden

E5L2Sme.gif

IIxqfvD.gif

This was announced and ruled (in the aftergame statsheet) as a fumble recovery in a 28-21 loss, but KC kept the ball ("for reasons") another couple minutes, before I think punting (leading to the game deciding I called a Fair Catch), and running out of time at the KC 30 or so.

Fumble was with under 2 minutes left, so probably should have auto-challenged, and I didn't go and challenge it myself (I actually paused, messaged CC saying something along the line of "wiejwjaw8euyg238ysuowehv89upsw4yheg" and unpaused, leading me to not being able to pause again and checking on the challenge button.

I'd probably lean towards it being ruled not a fumble recovery, but that's going off the assumption about touching the football while people have body parts out of bounds, like Charles. But it's possible the Denver guy's left foot hadn't stepped down before he grabbed the ball. I feign ignorance on NFL rules of fumble recoveries having the NFL WR 2 foot rule.

Still, 3 TD pass drops in a row (last on 4th down) would have helped earlier.

Colasante

GG Rob. That was fun, a lot of big plays on both sides. That Gronk fumble was ridiculous, I benefited from the same thing when I played Luke.

Wow, I didn't even realize what a monstrous game Gronk had. 10 receptions for 245 yards and 3 TDs. Nice way to end the season.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yea GG Cola. I couldn't figure out how the hell to stop Gronk 10 Rec, 245 yards, 3 TD's. Whoa.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
every time i stream my game becomes a laggy hell. Nobody needs to watch me go winless on the season again anyway

Greg

needed to relax this weekend after finishing a project I'd been working on for a while

played Path of Exile for probably 15 hours across Saturday and Sunday... been a looooong time since I got sucked in like that

Birdman02

GG bowser. So many dropped picks. Got stuck calling defensive hot routes so many times. There really should be a way to set a base defense, so I'm not frantically trying to set assignments every play. It would also be helpful if I could switch to the right player the first time so I don't constantly get stuck on d-line.

Anybody else get MLB digitally tonight?

I imagine there's going to be a card opening orgy sometime a little after midnight ET. I always open the game first and explore every single menu before I totally dive in.

That $40 gift card I got to Target for Christmas will finally be put to use!

Top Bottom