• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Anybody else get MLB digitally tonight?

I imagine there's going to be a card opening orgy sometime a little after midnight ET. I always open the game first and explore every single menu before I totally dive in.

That $40 gift card I got to Target for Christmas will finally be put to use!

We getting over 30 packs to open. Can't wait!

Rorschach

Have you seen the roster changes yet?

Yeah. WTF? When will people learn? Ride the horse that got you there?

Secret's move had to be a package deal. Who the hell would want rtz over w33? They probably really wanted Universe. That said, I love Universe, but he's been in a little bit of a slump of late.

As for EG, the Aui announcement video where he bitch slaps himself for ppd makes me cringe. Weird that they let him take the 1 position. Figured they'd put fear back in there. Aui is such an amazing support. It'll be interesting to watch EG in the upcoming weeks. Universe was such a big part of their success and Bulba is a huge step down from him. They should have just gotten Misery. :p

Speaking of offlaners, is iceiceice playing support now? And w33 is now playing carry? And Misery back to support? Will black^ get sued by Marvel? So many questions... I don't agree with some of the moves, but things will sure be interesting.

Oh, and if volvo is really doing the tournament in "the beginning of August," I will probably go. I hope that's not the prelims... I need the tourney to end before the last week of August. T_T

You're just jelly that dendi isn't relevant any more! Get that dated avatar out of here!
They beat Secret! Na'vi is back!

[edit]Seriously, though. Some of the worst decision making I've seen in the GF.

BigAT

We getting over 30 packs to open. Can't wait!

30? Try more like 120

Depends how they want to bundle the biggest package

LJ11 said:
YEAH, I NEED THIS SHIT TO FILL SOME HOLE IN MY LIFE

Late addition:

I had a physical copy of the MVP Edition but just cancelled it and bought the digital deluxe edition

Damn you Phee

641885419444635194_93039281cf19.jpg

I think a baseball game would drive me insane

Bases Loaded is where I stopped

There's usually less BS in a baseball game though. Sometimes animations can be wonky and the occasion "what the fuck just happened?" but far fewer

If you mess up it's all on the player usually

Greg

how is the latency? I'd imagine it's kind of important having good timing while swinging a bat

the slight delay is enough to ruin runs in Madden

how is the latency? I'd imagine it's kind of important having good timing while swinging a bat

Last year the latency was fine. I can't make any promises about this year!

It's not totally perfect like any sports games, it gets us all from time to time, but it's nothing I'd really worry about.

We'll find out tonight!

I had a physical copy of the MVP Edition but just cancelled it and bought the digital deluxe edition

Damn you Phee

Welcome to the party!!!!!

Can't wait to hear you, Zep, and Crimson groaning as I open up 5 Mike Trouts :D

I remember last year on the first night, one of us got a Mike Trout and said it so casually "Whoa, I got a Trout" and the rest of us were like WHAT THE FUCK?

By the way do you want to be in the smaller Madden-GAF only league or do you want to do the one with the guys from last year? Or both?

The latency isn't the worst issue. The problem is sometimes you and your opponent will see different things happen. You will see a home run but your opponent sees a pop fly out. They improved that last year but it still happened

LJ11

At this point I'm not sure what else can go wrong for the BigBoss. 2016 has been an awful year so far.

I actually look forward to playing MLB The Show, unlike MUT where it's just working the AH. Really enjoy working the AH but it's been so boring. I got on last night and made 100k in about an hour just flipping the same shit. Community is so fucking dumb, so easy to take advantage of, but it's a time sink. Want to sell my coins for real cash, afraid of getting scammed, though it really wouldn't matter.

Edit: Does the Show have Tax on sales? MUT has a 10% sales tax on anything you sell, so you have to take that into account.

rinse82

Welcome to the party!!!!!

Can't wait to hear you, Zep, and Crimson groaning as I open up 5 Mike Trouts :D

I remember last year on the first night, one of us got a Mike Trout and said it so casually "Whoa, I got a Trout" and the rest of us were like WHAT THE FUCK?

By the way do you want to be in the smaller Madden-GAF only league or do you want to do the one with the guys from last year? Or both?

Probably only have time for one; if you give me the Jays in the one with the guys from last year I'll probably play in that one if its bigger.

How big is the MaddenGAF league going to be? Would prefer to play with the dudes in here above all else but if its like an 8 team league then ehhhh

Probably only have time for one; if you give me the Jays in the one with the guys from last year I'll probably play in that one if its bigger.

How big is the MaddenGAF league going to be? Would prefer to play with the dudes in here above all else but if its like an 8 team league then ehhhh

I'm not sure, we'll have to start taking a count of our own peoples

Me
Crimson
You
LJ
Bird?
Rob?
Brent?
Ez?
FMT?

Forgot who else was getting it but I imagine there's more. And we can always have Zep and Makaveli in that fold, but we'll see. It is truly a shame that league legend Drizz doesn't want to participate.

In the other league I'd rather give you the Jays but I guess the fair way is to play Jonsson for it? He did have them last year though so maybe he'll budge

Nightz

I remember having fun in the MLB leagues when the online actually worked. Haven't really played the game in a couple of years, but thinking of getting it this year.

We'll be testing the shit out of the game tonight in literally every single way, keeping in mind that sometimes the first week can be weird. Hopefully we can give positive reviews

We were talking the other day about how we're going to see if leagues have some stupid bug in it, but it'll take time and different scenarios to find out. Sometimes I feel like all the devs might be doing is just simming leagues to see if it gets to the end and that's that

LJ, I think there was a tax, but I think 5%

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Yea I'm in for the smaller MLB league. I can't decide if I want to grab digital of physical. I kinda want to go digital but hdd space is so valuable on my ps4.

rinse82

Me
Crimson
You
LJ
Bird?
Rob?
Brent?
Ez?
FMT?

Forgot who else was getting it but I imagine there's more. And we can always have Zep and Makaveli in that fold, but we'll see. It is truly a shame that league legend Drizz doesn't want to participate.

In the other league I'd rather give you the Jays but I guess the fair way is to play Jonsson for it? He did have them last year though so maybe he'll budge

Yeah I can play him for them, although he pussied out last year and just said he should have them due to 'seniority'

I'd rather give them straight up but I think playing it is probably fairest. I'd like to have him but if it's Jays or bust for him, then he won't be in a league.

Like that one time Livewire lost the Redskins and then bowed out of the league forever.
Ugh..I'm getting an itch to play in this league.

DCX
Cool I've got your favorite team the Mets all saved up for you

DCX

DCX
I'd rather give them straight up but I think playing it is probably fairest. I'd like to have him but if it's Jays or bust for him, then he won't be in a league.

Like that one time Livewire lost the Redskins and then bowed out of the league forever.

Cool I've got your favorite team the Mets all saved up for you

DCX

Birdman02

Me
Crimson
You
LJ
Bird?
Rob?
Brent?
Ez?
FMT?

Yeah, I'm in. I'd probably also be down for both leagues assuming I get the Rangers in at least one of them. How does the scheduling work? How many games/advances per week should I expect?

Also, I hope things turn around for you soon, Boss. Sorry you're having to deal with any of this....especially all at once.

brentech

Me
Crimson
You
LJ
Bird?
Rob?
Brent?
Ez?
FMT?

If it's just a group of us with that smaller league like you were talking about, I think I can handle that. If I have to find games with people I don't know, I probably won't deal with it.

The Madden league will probably be 8-10 people, and if we do this, I think we'll probably do a round robin format. I think that will still be fun and it'll get things going and we can do more of these as long as people are still playing.

I'll probably keep it to purely Madden people but we might have 1-2 others if we need to even it out, but those others will be people you're familiar with (Like Zep)

Or maybe you aren't familiar, but I think we've played R6 together. He used to be a regular around these parts!

This is who I got locked in:

Me
Crimson
Rinse
LJ
Bird
Rob
Eznark
Brent?
DCX?
Nightz?
FMT?
GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG

If we got 8 people it'd be a 14 game season, 10 is 18, 12 is 22. That's a good number and our playoff rounds can be 2 since we don't have as many folks. Or we could just let top 8 in regardless

DietRob

Will the Madden MLB league be a fantasy draft or are we going to keep with regular rosters? I don't have a strong preference either way just curious.

I prefer fantasy draft but it's totally up to you guys.

Don't worry about lineups being stacked because rotations will be stacked too and that evens it out.

DietRob

Yea with how god awful the Reds are going to be this year a fantasy draft does look very appealing. It is really fun to have 8-10 all star teams and imo can make the games more exciting

is it up for preload yet? i know i said i was going to wait a while to see about online but I just cashed in a $50 psn card with reward points from my CC so i guess i'm going digital

Ferny

I prefer fantasy draft but it's totally up to you guys.

Don't worry about lineups being stacked because rotations will be stacked too and that evens it out.

Phee, if you have room, I'd be in as well. Yanks would be my first choice but if someone else wants em, totally cool with another squad.

Phee, if you have room, I'd be in as well. Yanks would be my first choice but if someone else wants em, totally cool with another squad.
hell yes!!!

DCX I know is a Yanks fan but if we do a fantasy draft maybe teams won't matter as much to people. I'll just pick a team that I think has a cool ballpark. Have an opinion on that?

Ferny

hell yes!!!

DCX I know is a Yanks fan but if we do a fantasy draft maybe teams won't matter as much to people. I'll just pick a team that I think has a cool ballpark. Have an opinion on that?

He can have the Yanks, no biggie. I can go for another open squad.

I would go for no fantasy myself, but if the majority want that, then Im good with it.

You're playing amongst us so we're gonna be a lot more flexible and knowing of the situation

But yeah we gotta see first how leagues go. I'm glad I have all Tuesday off but then I remembered I have to wake up at 5 on Wednesday morning to take my parents to the airport!

Top Bottom