• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

brentech

LJ has moved onto The Show

Although I would love to play him again. Come back just for our game!

I finished Conquest a couple days ago, and in doing so had 20000 stubs as well. So I opened 30 packs of garbage.

In terms of players, like 2 golds, a handful of silvers, and a lot of meh

I finished Conquest a couple days ago, and in doing so had 20000 stubs as well. So I opened 30 packs of garbage.

In terms of players, like 2 golds, a handful of silvers, and a lot of meh
What I've learned is that with that kind of money it's best spent on players or playing the market. I have opened countless packs now and gotten a diamond. I don't think I've gotten one outside of the game's first day. I don't want to play the market so I'm going to probably go get players who I think will be worth a lot eventually (like Carlos Correa)

Meanwhile Crimson opens 40 packs and gets 3 diamonds, and two McCutchens in three packs. My luck last year seems to have transferred...

In the end it doesn't really matter. I just like playing 3 inning games.
Yeah Battle Royale is sooooo much better than I thought it'd be. That march for 20 straight is what will keep me going. You get a nice reward if you go 20-1 but 20-0 gets you some really awesome stuff.

As far as DD goes they did well with all the daily updates so even mediocre guys can be good on any given day. Otherwise I'd be doing anything and everything I could to get Reggie Stocker.

B9D56F6B-5D17-4CBE-BCFC-9163B44E01C5.jpg

WHAT A FEELING!!!!!

I know, DARWIN BARNEY

hahaha

Also, with some of the patch changes, I'll try to get this league started again. Anyone let me know if you're not interested anymore but it seems like all the "Challenge failed" stuff is over with

Sent invites out to the following, let me know if you're still in or out...

Yanks - Ferny
Padres - Nightz
Dodgers - GermanMovieTheme
Indians - Brent
Jays - Rinse
Rangers - Bird
Brewers - EZ
Reds - VeganRob
Cubs - Drizz
Mets - LJ
Braves - Trash

brentech

Figure out I need to RMA my video card during dota.
2 hours later I'm getting into my wife's car and my iPhone falls out of my pocket and the screen cracks across the top.

Just one of those days. At least we won that last game of dota, right guys?

some of these sword arts in DS3 are fucking awesome. there are some weapons i wouldn't have normally used, due to having lesser stats, but then when you factor in the sword art they are still worth using.

i started out a sorcerer and have basically fallen back on melee with a sprinkle of magics. oh well!

p.s.

fuck the
abyss watchers!

also, i put my summon sign down in an early game area thinking i'd help out with someone on the ice wolf boss. well, i was summoned.... but it was for a boss on the opposite end of the stairs and i'm guessing it is a later game boss. ok cool whatever so it's me and 2 other guys about to go up against this boss. THEN he get invaded... by 2 other people! but the guy who summoned us just entered the fog as those 2 invaded so for whatever reason me and the other guy he summoned couldn't get into the fog. we ended up killing the 2 invaders and then went in. worked the boss down to about half health and then she just started going nuts and i/the other summoned guy died in one hit and the guy who summoned us had a sliver of health left. i hope he won!

brentech

some of these sword arts in DS3 are fucking awesome. there are some weapons i wouldn't have normally used, due to having lesser stats, but then when you factor in the sword art they are still worth using.

i started out a sorcerer and have basically fallen back on melee with a sprinkle of magics. oh well!

p.s.

fuck the
abyss watchers!

also, i put my summon sign down in an early game area thinking i'd help out with someone on the ice wolf boss. well, i was summoned.... but it was for a boss on the opposite end of the stairs and i'm guessing it is a later game boss. ok cool whatever so it's me and 2 other guys about to go up against this boss. THEN he get invaded... by 2 other people! but the guy who summoned us just entered the fog as those 2 invaded so for whatever reason me and the other guy he summoned couldn't get into the fog. we ended up killing the 2 invaders and then went in. worked the boss down to about half health and then she just started going nuts and i/the other summoned guy died in one hit and the guy who summoned us had a sliver of health left. i hope he won!
Maybe I'll get to play it again in two weeks =[

Just got drunk and ended up in a group dance with Johnathan Taylor Thomas. 2 am in Hollywood and 5 people dancing at this bar, the child star was the one dancing alone...

LA sure is something.

Smokey

i got some Austin friends staying with me, apparently schools there are starting late or just gonna get cancelled

they're all cancelled and all flights have been shut down at both bush and hobby

there were multiple tornado warnings/rotations in my area over night. it's a mess.

Greg

stay safe, Smokey!

haven't really kept up with the thread or GAF in general since the end of last Madden season - I hope you guys are all doing well!

they're all cancelled and all flights have been shut down at both bush and hobby

there were multiple tornado warnings/rotations in my area over night. it's a mess.
yeah texas weather been weird lately. we got two hailstorms in the last few weeks or so....which is more hail we've gotten here as long as I've been around

Phee we gotta get some Siege games going.

Yes sir. You around earlier today? I was just thinking this last night, in fact I'm probably gonna go do some right now. I've been having the itch but been out of town a lot and when I'm in I've been in MLB.

Speaking of MLB everybody accept your invites when you can, unless you guys want to hash out a plan to have a draft that most of us can be at. If you care to know what your top part of the roster is let me know.

Me - confirmed
Ferny
Rinse
LJ
Bird - confirmed
Drizz
Brent - confirmed
Eznark - confirmed
Crimson - confirmed
Nightz
FMT - confirmed
Rob

Birdman02

Yes sir. You around earlier today? I was just thinking this last night, in fact I'm probably gonna go do some right now. I've been having the itch but been out of town a lot and when I'm in I've been in MLB.

Speaking of MLB everybody accept your invites when you can, unless you guys want to hash out a plan to have a draft that most of us can be at. If you care to know what your top part of the roster is let me know.

Me
Ferny
Rinse
LJ
Bird
Drizz
Brent
Eznark
Crimson
Nightz
FMT
Rob

I'll accept my invite tonight, but I hate you guys for making this a fantasy draft.

I'll accept my invite tonight, but I hate you guys for making this a fantasy draft.

I actually don't care either way, I think most people voted draft but I'm not sure how much it matters to them either.

I think we are saving you from a trash roster though!

If you guys want to see who's on your team you can go here

http://theshownation.com/franchises/62741/teams/989925/team_roster_foundation

And click the drag down menu on the right side to find your team

Rinse still has Jose Bautista! #blessed

Smokey

this guy drove straight into flooded waters on air, in houston

KTRK Houston’s news reporter Steve Campion was live on the scene covering flooding going on in the area, when he saw two cars drive straight into the rising waters.

As he sees the second car, a Honda Insight, impotently bob along the murky depths (the driver of the first car having either presumably already escaped or drowned), Campion goes through the exact same thought process you would have:

Oh my God. What, what do we do? I don’t wanna... ugh...
Ugh is right, Steve! I, too, would not want to muddy my reporting pants until absolutely necessary. Someone off camera helpfully proffers the idea of encouraging the gentleman riding shotgun to get out and hop on top of his car, but, immediately dismissing that notion, our heroes come upon a much better one – just yelling at the guy until he saves himself.

DUDE, you gotta get out of the car. You gotta get out!
“What do I do?” our hapless victim wonders. Campion and crew are, as always, there with the lifesaving tips:

SWIM. LEAVE THE CAR. SWIM.
“Stay in the car?” our victim asks, just to make sure.

SWIM. SWIM. LEAVE THE CAR. SWIM.
Inspired by the victim’s heroic action of saving himself by actually, you know, swimming, Campion jumps into action, seemingly right as the action unfolds on air.

“Oh, I didn’t see it,” the victim says, about the massive pool of water

i am dying at the second gif

BigAT

Speaking of fuckups in Houston, SheeverShake:

PleasingBronzeEnglishpointer.gif

Last one got short, but it didn't hit anyone that didn't have magic immunity.

Top Bottom