• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Would've made more sense next year with Watson coming out. Still, I'm sure whoever they get will pan out better than RGIII, so they still have the racists beat.

BigAT

I really don't think the compensation they gave up is honestlyas bad as everyone is making it out to be. Going from 15 to #1 is a HUGE jump and is going to require a haul obviously, but compared to trades in years past this is pretty much in line with what is it takes to make the move. The Redskins gave up 3 first round picks (one of which ended up being #2 overall) and a second just to move up from #6 to #2. Maybe that's not a fair trade to compare this one to since it was so bad, but I still don't think this one is incredibly lopsided.

Agree though that there might not be a QB in this draft that warrants making the move and the trade could be awful for that reason alone, but just on its face I don't think the numbers are that bad.

A first, two seconds and a third all from this draft.

That trade is awful. It might not be RGIII levels of awful, but the RGIII trade was probably the worst draft trade of all time so...

Ferny

Everything but next years 1st makes sense to me. I feel like this years first plus next years is what puts it into bonehead move territory. But hey maybe Wentz or Goff become the next Nick Folk? Rams can dream.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rams want Jalen after losing Jenkins. :-o

Giants to get Eli (Essentially a move from 4 to 1 but not really since it was after the pick): 1st rounder in 2004 (#4) 3rd rounder in 2004, 1st rounder in 2005, 5th rounder in 2005.

My thinking is in line with AT.

BigAT

Rams want Jalen after losing Jenkins. :-o

Giants to get Eli (Essentially a move from 4 to 1 but not really since it was after the pick): 1st rounder in 2004 (#4) 3rd rounder in 2004, 1st rounder in 2005, 5th rounder in 2005.

My thinking is in line with AT.

Yeah, I think people are completely underestimating how significant the move from #15 to #1 overall is.

Ferny

I'm definitely not saying that jump isn't huge. I just don't think a QB this year (and I'm guessing this is for a QB) is worth that much.

But could be wrong.

Rorschach

Is this really the deal?

To get the top pick from the Titans, the Rams gave up their first-round pick this year (No. 15 overall), their first-round pick next year, both of their second-round picks this year (their own and the one they got from the Eagles in the Sam Bradford/Nick Foles trade) and their third-round pick next year. The Titans are also throwing in their fourth-round pick and sixth-round pick this year.
I don't think it's an overstatement when people talk about how much they gave up. Not even known talent would fetch that much. Not to mention ol' wobbly ball Wentz.
HjQgg0G.gif

cdyhybrid

Is this really the deal?

I don't think it's an overstatement when people talk about how much they gave up. Not even known talent would fetch that much. Not to mention ol' wobbly ball Wentz.
HjQgg0G.gif
That's the fun thing about the draft. If he turns into a top 10 QB it was worth it. If he doesn't, it wasn't. Just have to wait and see!

I drafted that LB who got me a sack against CPU Saints and then my new rookie WR did absolutely nothing. I tried to look his way but the bitch never got open, and he's worthless on WR screens

I drafted that LB who got me a sack against CPU Saints and then my new rookie WR did absolutely nothing. I tried to look his way but the bitch never got open, and he's worthless on WR screens

My rookie WR had like 7 catches for like 150 and a TD, including two crazy special catches. Dude is a beast in the slot.

DCX

DCX
Too bad I fleeced you in that second rounder for rookie of the year Khalil Riley deal.
Emoticon_laugh.gif

If the AI didn't provide me that monster RB in the very next draft he could have been MVP. Could have been!
Lol I think we can all agree I won that trade ;)

DCX

I really don't think the compensation they gave up is honestlyas bad as everyone is making it out to be. Going from 15 to #1 is a HUGE jump and is going to require a haul obviously, but compared to trades in years past this is pretty much in line with what is it takes to make the move. The Redskins gave up 3 first round picks (one of which ended up being #2 overall) and a second just to move up from #6 to #2. Maybe that's not a fair trade to compare this one to since it was so bad, but I still don't think this one is incredibly lopsided.

Agree though that there might not be a QB in this draft that warrants making the move and the trade could be awful for that reason alone, but just on its face I don't think the numbers are that bad.

According to the draft value chart they came out on top, but that system is flawed.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
oops i just messaged you didn't know we simmed

and, i just got your psn message. sorry about this week dcx it was just crazy for me with family in town.

Top Bottom