• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Random patch thoughts log:

-I wonder if there is actually a reason behind every change they make or if they sometimes just throw shit against the wall and see how it works out. Extending melee range and the redistribution of creep XP prompted this thought.

Say what you will about Riot, but at least their patch notes let you see some of their thought process. Meanwhile Icefrog is just some guy.

Rorschach

Costs: 225 gold

Provides:
+ 0.85 Mana Regeneration

Passive: Comes with 5 charges, the item is destroyed when it reaches 0 charges. When you receive over 50 Magic Damage it procs, consuming a charge and blocking 120 Magic Damage. The proc has a 4 second cooldown. [?]

Becomes available for purchase at the 3 minute mark
THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL LICH! >:eek:

PS: Scan ability? Sounds lame.

[edit]lol if the banana thing is real... gtfo
[edit2]
Intelligence now increases your spell damage by 1% per 16 Intelligence points.
I dun like it.

DCX

DCX
There is a learning curve but it's pretty satisfying! Gotta learn angles and basics. When to advance, when to retreat, fill in lanes on offense and defense.

Air play is something you will learn last and will definitely be your biggest pay off!

DCX

DJ Bowser

I am going to pick it up. How is the learning curve? Busy Saturday but I should be good to go all of Sunday.
Easy to pick up but you'll continuously be picking up new things and how to play the angles.

Definitely worth it. I can't think of a game I've enjoyed more in years.

BigAT

Is it just me or did they crank up fall damage in Dark Souls, at least the minimum threshold it takes? I have taken damage from some really short drops so far.

brentech

Is it just me or did they crank up fall damage in Dark Souls, at least the minimum threshold it takes? I have taken damage from some really short drops so far.
I dunno, possibly, but I haven't had to take many falls tbh. I'm 14 hours in, just finished Abyss Watchers and some random soul grinding.

I can't remember exactly where it was, but there was a tower somewhere that had a shortcut and I was out of estus, the series of obvious landings still almost killed me. Sliver of health left.

brentech

I'm in the catacombs now. Been using this Butcher's Knife forever, keep wanting to switch weapons, but the infusions and shit seem so underwhelming. Just traded a boss soul for a weapon that has extra poison dmg, gotta bring up my dex to meet the requirements though.

BigAT

I guess our game last night wasn't indicative of the new Earthshaker experience.

MhQtS3P.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm in the catacombs now. Been using this Butcher's Knife forever, keep wanting to switch weapons, but the infusions and shit seem so underwhelming. Just traded a boss soul for a weapon that has extra poison dmg, gotta bring up my dex to meet the requirements though.

I told FMT that I feel like the gear ive found through the mid-end of the game has been underwhelming. Some of it might become better through infusions/reinforcements, but since those improvements arent immediately apparent, i just end up using the things i got near the start. Ive been using some ice sword that i got near the start with added reinforcements.

CB3

I guess our game last night wasn't indicative of the new Earthshaker experience.

MhQtS3P.png

Its only a 1% drop. Im guessing support earthshakers are trying to rush aghs and its not working out well. I went solo offlane and had a great time so i was able to get the rushed aghs in 15-17 minutes.

brentech

I told FMT that I feel like the gear ive found through the mid-end of the game has been underwhelming. Some of it might become better through infusions/reinforcements, but since those improvements arent immediately apparent, i just end up using the things i got near the start. Ive been using some ice sword that i got near the start with added reinforcements.
Yea. That ice sword and butcher knife is all I've used outside of my actual starting broadsword.

i used the ice sword for a decent amount of time but eventually you find some better ones that take advantage of your stats. if you can, try to find the dark sword. its a fast, straight sword and has an A rating for strength scaling.

the problem with the bigger weapons is yes they do a lot of damage but the enemies mid-late to later game dont give a fuck. they are too fast to be using a lumbering axe/sword. straight swords are the way to go, probably until you can pour enough points into some extra stamina so you can block the seemingly endless attacks some of the later people have and respond with a massive hit at the end

most of the armor isn't that great. you either get good physical protection or good magical protection but nothing in the middle for both

i used the ice sword for a decent amount of time but eventually you find some better ones that take advantage of your stats. if you can, try to find the dark sword. its a fast, straight sword and has an A rating for strength scaling.

the problem with the bigger weapons is yes they do a lot of damage but the enemies mid-late to later game dont give a fuck. they are too fast to be using a lumbering axe/sword. straight swords are the way to go, probably until you can pour enough points into some extra stamina so you can block the seemingly endless attacks some of the later people have and respond with a massive hit at the end

most of the armor isn't that great. you either get good physical protection or good magical protection but nothing in the middle for both
i just got one of those torch hammers from the gargoyles later in the game, i decided to pump some upgrades into it because even though its slow as hell it looks hella cool

CB3

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica
The new Legend of #Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017

Jesus nintendo

BigAT

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica
The new Legend of #Zelda will be the focus of #E3 2016. It will launch simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017

Jesus nintendo

I think the crazier thing is no NX at E3 apparently, despite it being 9 months away from launch at that point.

What?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
2017 for Zelda. Really?

I'll advance tonight, unless asked not to. Not sure if Trasher has been here in awhile.

Top Bottom