• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Smokey

LOL Plot of land. So good.

Smokey on the other hand, not so good. Stick to PC chump.

No.

For all the graphics talk, display tech is in a sad state of affairs. Who cares about this shit when the monitors/tvs the majority use are subpar? I wonder what monitor dark10x uses, thought he would have ripped his eyes out by now with some of the garbage out there.

4k/120hz monitors I can't wait. Now that display port 1.4 is out, it's only a matter of time.

On the TV front nothing touches OLED, but the input lag is horrible atm

LJ11

No.

4k/120hz monitors I can't wait. Now that display port 1.4 is out, it's only a matter of time.

On the TV front nothing touches OLED, but the input lag is horrible atm

Yeah but the panels on those 4k monitors will have the same issues as most LCDs, god I can't fucking stand them. And yeah, OLED is the glimmer of hope, I want to see some OLED monitors as well, should happen.

We probably won't have full parties every single night, but I think at least 2-3 of us will be playing it very regularly moving forward. Even with just a team of 3 you can get some good games going.
hey ferny

we were looking for some siegers last night

brentech

this gave me a chuckle
h9tbwcH.jpg

brentech

Well boys, we gotta up the ante

Lil Wayne and Birdman are fighting in court about money. $51 million to be exact.

But they used to be a lot more casual about their intertwined finances.

T-Pain remembers that Weezy and Baby used to play each other in Maddens at 10K a game.

But there was a catch.

They didn’t play the game, they just let the computer play each other. And they would bet 10,000 on the game,” T-Pain reports. “And I thought that was the most ballin’ shit I’d ever seen.”

Ballin’ maybe, but not smart.

“I never got in on the bets because, you know, I’m not an idiot,” T-Pain continued.

DJ Bowser

Plants are living things too bro
The ability to feel pain and emotional capacity are the real factors, though.

My moral dilemma with meat is the way we do it here in America. I'd say it's much more ethical to eat an animal you hunted than the typical cow/chicken/pig from our factory farms.

If I could help it, I'd go vegetarian/vegan. But I've lived my whole life eating a certain way and I don't even have any idea how to make that kind of stuff taste good. I might be sold on conversion if people could show me how I could prepare that kind of food and fill the void for meat craving.

My whole thing is "Well these animals were already killed, and me boycotting meat now won't make a difference, might as well eat this Popeye's"

The ability to feel pain and emotional capacity are the real factors, though.

My moral dilemma with meat is the way we do it here in America. I'd say it's much more ethical to eat an animal you hunted than the typical cow/chicken/pig from our factory farms.

My aunt was married to this Muslim guy and when we were kids he took us to some religious event they were having. Anyway, I got to watch in horror as they slit a cow's throat right in front of me. Pretty traumatizing experience. The bright side is they cut it up pretty quickly and I ate a steak from it like an hour later. To this day, that was the best steak I've ever had.

I have dem slow cooker ribs going for tonight. I don't give a fuckkkkkk!

Don't know if you got one of these near you, but I used this as my sauce last time and IT WAS FUCKING PERFECT!!! The ribs started tasting a little too sweet to me and this sauce balanced it out perfectly.

53799-organic-sriracha-BBQ-sauce.jpg

brentech

My aunt was married to this Muslim guy and when we were kids he took us to some religious event they were having. Anyway, I got to watch in horror as they slit a cow's throat right in front of me. Pretty traumatizing experience. The bright side is they cut it up pretty quickly and I ate a steak from it like an hour later. To this day, that was the best steak I've ever had.

This should be a PETA billboard.
Little kid standing in front of a cow getting bled out on the left side (maybe via chainsaw or something to make it really bloody). A diagonal slash to split the frames, right side has the same kid eating a steak with the biggest O face.
Bottom tagline just says, "You da real MVP, cow"

DJ Bowser

If I could help it, I'd go vegetarian/vegan. But I've lived my whole life eating a certain way and I don't even have any idea how to make that kind of stuff taste good. I might be sold on conversion if people could show me how I could prepare that kind of food and fill the void for meat craving.

My whole thing is "Well these animals were already killed, and me boycotting meat now won't make a difference, might as well eat this Popeye's"

Since I've been living with my GF (who is a pescatarian who has stopped transitioning to veganism partially at my behest) I've been cooking a lot more meals without meat. My only issue is carb to protein ratio annoys me. Something like a pasta with garlic, butter, and sauteed mushrooms and squash is really tasty.

I haven't had pork (other than a Jamon Pata Negra that had a better life than I live, I imagine) in over a year and have only had beef once since January. I don't miss it nearly as much as I expected- though I get the occasional craving for a good burger. Good burger places (for my taste) are few and far between though.

Still eating chicken and seafood. If Chipotle would marinate their Sofritas in the chicken marinade, I could maybe go exclusively to seafood. Meh!

the words "mushroom and squash" sound really gross to me but I just wonder if I haven't eaten good ones. Also I think I might have texture-phobia, if that shit exists. There's a lot of food I don't like eating I think I don't like, but then when I eat and get over it, it isn't so bad

hate tomatoes but I love tomato soup. can't eat pickles but I like pickle juice, avoid lettuce but it doesn't really taste like anything. things like that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Since I've been living with my GF (who is a pescatarian who has stopped transitioning to veganism partially at my behest) I've been cooking a lot more meals without meat. My only issue is carb to protein ratio annoys me. Something like a pasta with garlic, butter, and sauteed mushrooms and squash is really tasty.

I haven't had pork (other than a Jamon Pata Negra that had a better life than I live, I imagine) in over a year and have only had beef once since January. I don't miss it nearly as much as I expected- though I get the occasional craving for a good burger. Good burger places (for my taste) are few and far between though.

Still eating chicken and seafood. If Chipotle would marinate their Sofritas in the chicken marinade, I could maybe go exclusively to seafood. Meh!

this explains alot

DJ Bowser

I'm still in disbelief that bowser hasn't had bacon in over a year.
Bacon is overrated as fuck and the bacon-love is my least favorite meme.

Want something to taste like bacon? Salt the shit out of it. (Okay, so that doesn't quite account for the smokiness but still).

Best burger of my life did have some house-cured maple bacon chunks but it was in a place that was all-natural and humanely raised way back in the day.

House cured bacon, ghost-pepper Jack cheese, carmalized onions, and a fried egg on homemade buns with garlic aioli.

I miss that burger.

Everybody shut the fuck up

Mike Dantoni?

Les you fucking cunt this is BULLSHIT

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

Now we just need Derek Fisher to be added on as a Rockets assistant, for Pau to come back home to Houston, and we've got the off-season of dreams.
-And a Jason Terry return to the Rockets

Smokey

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/04/what-we-thought-of-overwatch-on-console/

Some, mind you. Overwatch on the whole is a pretty simplified team shooter, which is part and parcel of what makes it so fun.

I’d argue that it’s not as accessible on console as it is on PC, though. Some characters even with a generous aim assist are awful to play on a controller — and it’s mostly down to the verticality of the maps.

Hanzo, for instance, is a breeze to play on a mouse and keyboard. But when you’re constantly climbing up walls, looking up to target someone hovering in the air, or trying to shoot someone when you’re perched on a roof – it’s an absolute pain. Widowmaker, the game’s other sniper, doesn’t have it quite as bad thanks to her ultimate (which is literally a temporary wall hack), but she’s undoubtedly less fun to play on consoles.

Mark: I think that’s just going to be the case, and it should be the case.

Overwatch on console is not going to be the same as Overwatch on PC and if it was, there would be bigger problems. Probably the biggest compliment I could pay Overwatch is that it is different than the PC version — it has to be for a whole host of reasons. If anything that tells me that Blizzard actually gives a shit.

so ferny and milkshake

EAD

CB3

You're right smokey. Im sure its pretty tough to play a sniper class on console if you've never played Halo or Call of Duty before.

Oh. Wait a sec...

Smokey

You're right smokey. Im sure its pretty tough to play a sniper class on console if you've never played Halo or Call of Duty before.

Oh. Wait a sec...

It feels completely different on a controller. I also don't see any similarity in how it controls compared to CoD. I have no idea why it keeps being brought up, besides low grade Bob trollin. Me being the most unbiased gamer here, can speak on it because I have it on two different platforms. And the great folks at Kotaku agree with me.

CB3

It feels completely different on a controller. Me being the most unbiased gamer here, can speak on it because I have it on two different platforms. And the great folks at Kotaku agree me with.

Kotaku Australia. Its where I go for my up to date FPS hot takes as well.

Top Bottom