• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

eznark

Banned
I hit triangle to call my defense now that man to man is almost universally shit and EA decided to neuter all defensive creativity. That's my sin. My te is getting better though so I might be ready to bring back some Finley cheese.

Drizz, after I est tonight.

I legit Didn't know there was a ask community button!

I hit triangle to call my defense now that man to man is almost universally shit and EA decided to neuter all defensive creativity. That's my sin. My te is getting better though so I might be ready to bring back some Finley cheese.

Drizz, after I est tonight.
After 1 am est or after you eat tonight? If the latter, can I get a window?

TheCrow

R6 was so good last night up until Crow got randomly disconnected and we had to finish the last 2/3 rounds with only 4.
RIP Crow

I'm not going to count that last ranked session since Crow got DC'd, we're 2-0 ranked boys!

Damn right we're undefeated. I don't think we even dropped a single round. Only thing that dropped was my internet. :/

rinse82

Yeah R6 was fun we were rolling through Ranked until we ran into those silvers - but I think we could've taken them if Crow stayed!

Who has the video of my dead body falling from the ceiling?

Sorry about that, I thought I would be able to play another game but gotta make some breakfast for the wife so she doesn't bitch at me watching football all day heh

DJ Bowser

When you guys are trying to user-pick do you hit triangle repeatedly or just tap it once?

I play good coverage but miss balls j should pick.

When you guys are trying to user-pick do you hit triangle repeatedly or just tap it once?

I play good coverage but miss balls j should pick.
Im still playing like shit on user d but it actually seems like as soon as you start holding it the ai automatically moves the defender into position for the int

Man, was not expecting that game to be so heavy on defense. I definitely put this loss on Bill and the coaching staff, they had 3 chances to get home field and they blew it after that stupid kick against the Eagles.

Not only that, but we could have had at least 3 points on a FG with the first 4th down try with ~5 minutes left, that means a TD takes the lead and you would have had two chances, and if you go for the FG on the first two drives a FG wins it on the final drive. You were shutting down the Broncos almost all day after the 1st quarter, why didn't he trust his defense?

Even still, sucks my team isn't in the Super Bowl, but we've been in the AFC game 5 years in a row, at that point you're facing the top team, your odds should be around 50/50 (unless you face the Colts). With someone like Brady and Belichick getting the AFC Championship game is the goal for a great team, after that it's all gravy and you ride it. And to have that expectation for a team is something that is pretty rare.

Personally I hope Manning doesn't win a Super Bowl because I'm so fucking tired of the Manning narrative of "omg he's such a great leader" when the last three games basically had him riding the coat tails of the defense and handing the ball off. I hope he crashes and burns like his last Super Bowl, but that's natural and all of would hope the same thing for Brady.

Man, was not expecting that game to be so heavy on defense. I definitely put this loss on Bill and the coaching staff, they had 3 chances to get home field and they blew it after that stupid kick against the Eagles.

Not only that, but we could have had at least 3 points on a FG with the first 4th down try with ~5 minutes left, that means a TD takes the lead and you would have had two chances, and if you go for the FG on the first two drives a FG wins it on the final drive. You were shutting down the Broncos almost all day after the 1st quarter, why didn't he trust his defense?

Even still, sucks my team isn't in the Super Bowl, but we've been in the AFC game 5 years in a row, at that point you're facing the top team, your odds should be around 50/50 (unless you face the Colts). With someone like Brady and Belichick getting the AFC Championship game is the goal for a great team, after that it's all gravy and you ride it. And to have that expectation for a team is something that is pretty rare.

it's why you can't discount the pats playing in a trash division. they rarely ever have to go on the road in the playoffs. when was the last time they won a road playoff game? 2006.

it's why you can't discount the pats playing in a trash division. they rarely ever have to go on the road in the playoffs. when was the last time they won a road playoff game? 2006.

They have a winning record in the entire conference, Jets and Bills have always given the Patriots a hard time as division rivals. Patriots win bye weeks because they win games outside of their division as well, I'm not gonna shit on a team who doesn't have to play road playoff games because they win too much. Such a silly argument.

does this loss damage brady's legacy

i say it does

wrap it up!

They have a winning record in the entire conference, Jets and Bills have always given the Patriots a hard time as division rivals. Patriots win bye weeks because they win games outside of their division as well, I'm not gonna shit on a team who doesn't have to play road playoff games because they win too much. Such a silly argument.

wrap it up!

they get to play 6 gimme games a year. of course they dont win them all, but they are favored in all of them. teams in other divisions dont get that. the pats never have to worry about someone in their division threatening them for a home playoff game.

Looks like the Patriots should have taken care of business against Miami

but what kind of super bowl team are you if you go into Miami and don't come away with a W

they get to play 6 gimme games a year. of course they dont win them all, but they are favored in all of them. teams in other divisions dont get that. the pats never have to worry about someone in their division threatening them for a home playoff game.

This is simply not true. The division games are almost always close, especially the away games, but you don't watch the Patriots that often I guess so I assume you just see the records and assume every time we face the Jets it's a blow out or something.

There are plenty of other completely trash division out there, more so than the AFC East. AFC South and NFC East are fucking dumpster fires, just so happens that there is literally no competent team in either of them that is ready to actually take something that's ripe for the taking.

Looks like the Patriots should have taken care of business against Miami

but what kind of super bowl team are you if you go into Miami and don't come away with a W

They should have taken care of business against the fucking Eagles so we would have had 3 weeks of resting people. The fucking ineptitude of that Eagles game came back to haunt the Patriots and I had a nagging feeling that it was going to bite them in the ass.

I still don't know what the game plan was for the Miami game. Starts playing, not trying, still get hurt. Fucking stupid.

BigAT

CZhc9QbUcAIXJ0Y.jpg

Top Bottom