• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

after sitting and thinking about it for a bit... dota is actually a terrible game and i hate it

cBj1LTf.png

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Reposting for the new page.

READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST

So i feel like this post has been brewing for a bit. But we kept putting it off and hoped people would get past it and things seem to be getting worse through the year. This post reflects both FMT's and my own views on the matter.

This is the official warning for EVERYONE to stop being a shitlord when you play your games. There will be no extra official rules coming because (atleast it seems to me) alot of these things should be common sense. I also really dislike making new rules. But allow me to give a few examples.

1. Cover 11 is a shitlord thing to do
  2. Running a bunch of FB dives and QB sneaks in a game (especially back to back!) is a shitlord thing to do.
  3. Low punts are a shitlord thing to do.
  4. Throwing that 99 OVR 99 speed 99 acceleration WR in the slot a ton is a shitlord thing to do. We all know the DB logic sucks in the slot and you cant put your #1 corner to match that guy every time.

These issues SHOULD be things you guys wouldnt be doing to eachother. When im playing or watching a game and it looks like some shit you'd see in a Madden Ultimate Team quickmatch, we have real problems. Believe it or not, winning some week 5 regular season game at all costs isnt more important than treating your opponent with respect.

I could probably point to the obvious suspects and tell them this in private but ive noticed plenty of people doing these kinds of things that have been in this league a long enough time and should know better, which is probably the worst part of all this. But the biggest offenders (you know who you are), take special heed.

This is your warning. Going forward, player suspensions are first, and if that doesnt work, I think we can live without you. Id rather it not come to that, as I quite like the group we have now, but one of our members has generously volunteered to find us replacements if that becomes the case.

Questions or comments can be posted here or sent to FMT/myself privately.

Ill repost this on the new page so people dont miss it.

and just adding to the above, a lot of the shit that is done.... doesn't even need to be done! you can convert on a 3rd or 4th and 1 without running junk fb dive/qb sneak! you can have a touchdown drive without throwing the same route over and over and over again when you need it! you can have a successful running game without running toss plays 5-10 times a game!

if you play straight up, and you beat your opponent, what can they say except GG but? there is a bunch of bullshit in madden that no one can control and sometimes you just get the short end of the stick in this RNG paradise. but i feel if we just minimize the bullshit it is a benefit to everyone.

i am reminded of playing markdmc or whatever his name was in the superbowl. it got to the point that this dude was running so much fucking junk i found myself running junk in that game too! then you are involved in a worthless game where you're just trying to one up your opponent because you feel that you are being taken advantage of.

my game against pheeniks today i got absolutely torched to the tune of 400-ish yards passing, and i had no problem with it at all. part of it is i won of course, but had i lost that game i can legitimately say i would have said GG and meant it. a very enjoyable chess match. that is what the league should be about. not concerned with oh it's a 3rd and 1, i have to compromise my entire defense and call guess run in the middle because this asshole might run a QB sneak or fb dive.

it's a thin line between having rules and being some type of douchebag overlords who dictate literally how everyone plays. i feel like common sense should prevail. this isn't draft champions or MUT and some of the shit i see is bordering on that. that's not what this league should be about. the reason we started the league was to escape that nightmare!

i will say there is no reason to "QB Spy" joe flacco and it would probably be the last thing i would ever think to do if i played a QB like that. is there a reason you would think to run qb spy consistently dcx? (I don't know how often you run it)

Number run down

1st Half
28 plays
15 QB Spy (First play out of the shoot was a QB spy on Flacco)

2nd Half
29 Plays
20 QB Spy

Total:

57 plays, 35 QB spys
QB Spy ran on 61% of all plays

(and that's not counting the running plays because the player on the spy doesn't react to running plays by backing up, so the spy count is probably higher than I know)

Yes I am really salty

LukeSmith

Number run down

1st Half
28 plays
15 QB Spy (First play out of the shoot was a QB spy on Flacco)

2nd Half
29 Plays
20 QB Spy

Total:

57 plays, 35 QB spys
QB Spy ran on 61% of all plays

(and that's not counting the running plays because the player on the spy doesn't react to running plays by backing up, so the spy count is probably higher than I know)

Yes I am really salty

Yeah but like look how much you ran with Flacco tho lilB

I have to say, some of the most enjoyable games are games I've lost, because I felt like they were back and forth battles of actual football tactics and logic, and not battles of trying to figure out how to stop a some magical hot route combination or line backers who loop around the line of scrimmage or whatever other nonsense.

league site says you're on the bubble. that means contention!

That was before I lost to a 2-7 team!

Plus my remaining schedule is you, cb3, FMT, LJ, pheenicks and Somnia. I'd have to morph into johnnypark over night to make the playoffs against that.

I have to say, some of the most enjoyable games are games I've lost, because I felt like they were back and forth battles of actual football tactics and logic, and not battles of trying to figure out how to stop a some magical hot route combination or line backers who loop around the line of scrimmage or whatever other nonsense.

a couple of my favorite games were the two i lost in season 1 against you. i was salty as fuck about that first game where i got the safety called after the pick though :(

Even tho I kinda bitched out Bowser in our stream , that was one of the most tense games I've had in the three seasons of play.

The only other game I can think of is with Nightz back in season 2 or 1 when we went into OT and he ran it down my neck for the win. Very tough game and was really tight. Oh, and FMT in season 1. I've only played him 2 times but I'm pretty sure both were 1 possession games where I'm shitting my pants trying to throw the ball without him nabbing it.

Greg

is turning off defensive holding going to create more conflict? I feel like they allow quite a bit of contact... I can see that causing an issue when you have tight user coverage and people assuming there would've been a flag had it not been turned off

I've seen the cases where it's called right at the snap that you're probably trying to eliminate, but they have never happened to me on defense... could it just be something moved/adjusted pre-snap that's causing it? never really looked into it the times it gets called

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I've seen the cases where it's called right at the snap that you're probably trying to eliminate, but they have never happened to me on defense... could it just be something moved/adjusted pre-snap that's causing it? never really looked into it the times it gets called

Chris Houston gets like atleast one defensive holding call on him at the start of a play in each game. Ive seen it happen to a bunch of people as well.

Its just one of those things. I actually didnt have a strong opinion on it either way, but i know ive seen a ton of people complain about it for a while now. Aside from that, i dont think its a penalty that gets called when the receivers get hung up on defenders anyway, so it shouldnt be an issue there. We can always turn it back on if problems arise.

It seems like one of those things where when visually it looks like it should be called it isn't called. I think that's one of my absolute pet peeves with Madden. The amount of stuff that visually doesn't match the result of what happens.

DJ Bowser

If the penalty is turned off, will the animations which draw the penalty be turned off too? The defensive holding and PI's all come on those animations. If the penalty is off but the animations still happen, that would be pretty messed up.

ok, why not spy with a LB? it seems to me that running these 2 or 3 man rushes, then spying the 3rd or 4th man (respectively) on the line, is potentially overly effective vs. what it should be.

I don't know. I am not quick enough to do single-player defensive audibles so I actually never have hot-routed someone to QB spy.

Even tho I kinda bitched out Bowser in our stream , that was one of the most tense games I've had in the three seasons of play.

It WAS pretty tense, LilB

Colasante

READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST

So i feel like this post has been brewing for a bit. But we kept putting it off and hoped people would get past it and things seem to be getting worse through the year. This post reflects both FMT's and my own views on the matter.

This is the official warning for EVERYONE to stop being a shitlord when you play your games. There will be no extra official rules coming because (atleast it seems to me) alot of these things should be common sense. I also really dislike making new rules. But allow me to give a few examples.

1. Cover 11 is a shitlord thing to do
  2. Running a bunch of FB dives and QB sneaks in a game (especially back to back!) is a shitlord thing to do.
  3. Low punts are a shitlord thing to do.
  4. Throwing that 99 OVR 99 speed 99 acceleration WR in the slot a ton is a shitlord thing to do. We all know the DB logic sucks in the slot and you cant put your #1 corner to match that guy every time.

These issues SHOULD be things you guys wouldnt be doing to eachother. When im playing or watching a game and it looks like some shit you'd see in a Madden Ultimate Team quickmatch, we have real problems. Believe it or not, winning some week 5 regular season game at all costs isnt more important than treating your opponent with respect.

I could probably point to the obvious suspects and tell them this in private but ive noticed plenty of people doing these kinds of things that have been in this league a long enough time and should know better, which is probably the worst part of all this. But the biggest offenders (you know who you are), take special heed.

This is your warning. Going forward, player suspensions are first, and if that doesnt work, I think we can live without you. Id rather it not come to that, as I quite like the group we have now, but one of our members has generously volunteered to find us replacements if that becomes the case.

Questions or comments can be posted here or sent to FMT/myself privately.

Ill repost this on the new page so people dont miss it.

I wish there would be some clarification about what additional rules there are beyond those in the main post. This season I got yelled at for manually motioning receivers and low punts, both of which I honestly had no idea were issues within the game or were not allowed in the league.

Yeah but I wish we didn't need to clarify those things. Like how using "community suggestion" all game is complete trash. It isn't even ask madden. It's ask cheesers.

I don't think you got yelled at for manual motion if I'm not mistaken. It was for motioning and then hiking before they were set. And as for low kicking isn't it obvious why that's not cool? The camera flips and the guy on offense barely has time to properly react.

Colasante

Yeah but I wish we didn't need to clarify those things. Like how using "community suggestion" all game is complete trash. It isn't even ask madden. It's ask cheesers.

I don't think you got yelled at for manual motion if I'm not mistaken. It was for motioning and then hiking before they were set. And as for low kicking isn't it obvious why that's not cool? The camera flips and the guy on offense barely has time to properly react.

No, I never motioned and hiked before they were set, I didn't even know you could do that. I was initially called out for motioning my RB out wide, which I stopped doing, then for manually motioning my WRs, which I also stopped. I didn't think it was a situation where it broke the defensive AI or anything, there was no reason for me to think it was banned until I was told so.

The low punting makes sense when it was told to me what it does, but before that I didn't realize the camera didn't adjust when it was a low kick. I can obviously see now why you shouldn't do that, but it's not something I would have assumed. If this was written on the first page, I never would have done it.

eznark

Banned
p.s.

we are turning off defensive holding penalty starting next week. i don't give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

wut

Will the defenders still hold?? Because it's actually an animation in the game and super, super obvious.

Yeah but I wish we didn't need to clarify those things
Then don't let the DCX's of the world play. I mean, it's pretty obvious the guy has some pathological need to chisel Madden. Some of these kids really don't know better but guys like DCX and Crow are going to keep finding new ways to not play football in order to win games until you boot them.

I'll never get booting Crow and not DCX. Every year you have to give the same stern lecture. Weird that no one takes it seriously!

DCX

DCX
wut

Will the defenders still hold?? Because it's actually an animation in the game and super, super obvious.

Then don't let the DCX's of the world play. I mean, it's pretty obvious the guy has some pathological need to chisel Madden. Some of these kids really don't know better but guys like DCX and Crow are going to keep finding new ways to not play football in order to win games until you boot them.

I'll never get booting Crow and not DCX. Every year you have to give the same stern lecture. Weird that no one takes it seriously!
Yet you do two of three things I'm getting called out for. So I guess you should get booted also. You have thrown to a WR out of a screen, you have also audibled a DE to defend a slant. I'm the monster though.

I get that cap-gate is always going to make me public enemy number 1 but my gameplay hasn't been a topic of why I shouldn't be in this league. Is it becuase I sucked and who cared? This year I'm winning and now I should get banned for things alot of people have done?

Whatever happened to 50 sacks in a season guy? PA cancel wasn't me, verts up the ass isn't me, 99 speed in the slot isn't me..etc

I found Boss's game last season to be a bit cheesy. I PMed FMT and it was a bit " meshy" and constant drags and cross and variations of but found not to be a problem. Ok..so I ganeplaned and tried to keep those drags and crossed and slants etc to a minimum.

Yet..by the grace of Madden, he passed for 300+ yards, amazing catcher of balls, Eddie Lacy ( leads the league with 64 catches btw )
Had 14 receptions for 114 yards.

He lost by seven which means if he hadn't thrown three interceptions he could have won.

I'm done talking on the subject. I'm moving on. If the committee wants me gone they can talk to me about it.

Just don't paint yourself as some self serving saint.

DCX

I didn't watch last nights game so I'm not aware of what took place but this IS something I have noticed as a league wide behavior:

It seems like some of us play our games and we are just waiting to complain about the opponent, sometimes reputation based or because we saw a few shady things. There are most definitely some valid cases of these complaints being warranted but my god it seems like some of the lot of you are just popping into streams or coming out of games complaining about EVERYTHING. And what this does is create a toxic environment where there's some people who are just waiting to pounce on someone else because they've been accused and all it does is make a giant shit storm. If you guys would be more hellbent on laughing and having a good time win or lose we'd be in a better place. There were moments in my game with FMT where I accidentally took control of the blitzer but he knows I'm not out here trying to exploit. In other cases it may have been blown up. Shit I'm never gonna top .500 in my own division but I always enjoy playing my division mates and my opponents even if I'm getting trampled.

so the TL;DR version is don't be a "shitlord" (where did this word come into existence) but also don't assume your opponent is trying to be one. Even if he may be.

eznark

Banned
Yet you do two of three things I'm getting called out for. So I guess you should get booted also. You have thrown to a WR out of a screen, you have also audibled a DE to defend a slant. I'm the monster though.

If you can find any play in the last five years where I brought fewer than three at the quarterback I'll make a weepy youtube apology video.

I say five year, because you have done this before. We've had this drop all meta. And you got scolded.

I get that cap-gate is always going to make me public enemy number 1 but my gameplay hasn't been a topic of why I shouldn't be in this league. Is it becuase I sucked and who cared? This year I'm winning and now I should get banned for things alot of people have done?

Whatever happened to 50 sacks in a season guy? PA cancel wasn't me, verts up the ass isn't me, 99 speed in the slot isn't me..etc

I found Boss's game last season to be a bit cheesy. I PMed FMT and it was a bit " meshy" and constant drags and cross and variations of but found not to be a problem. Ok..so I ganeplaned and tried to keep those drags and crossed and slants etc to a minimum.

Yet..by the grace of Madden, he passed for 300+ yards, amazing catcher of balls, Eddie Lacy ( leads the league with 64 catches btw )
Had 14 receptions for 114 yards.

He lost by seven which means if he hadn't thrown three interceptions he could have won.

I'm done talking on the subject. I'm moving on. If the committee wants me gone they can talk to me about it.

Just don't paint yourself as some self serving saint.

DCX

I don't think you should get banned. I'm defending you. You really want to win and FMT and CB have made it obvious that there are only very specific things they'll actually kick anyone for. The other stuff they'll just kind of whine about every year. Hell yeah, if you really really want to win you'd be dumb to not do the things they allow which give madden obsessed sociopaths an advantage.

FMT's post is basically "hey guys come on respect each other" but let's face it, no matter what cute name you give your cheating you have literally zero respect for anyone else in this league, so that plea will always fall on deaf ears.

At this point the limp wristed whining about the same things/people is more common than the cheesing.

When people like me or AZ or Brent whine about cheesers it's one thing. We can't do shit about it. When FMT fills the thread with a river of sorrow it's a joke, because he can.

Behavior is about incentives. If I were you I wouldn't change a God damn thing either, because the actions of the commissioners indicate they really don't care.

so the TL;DR version is don't be a "shitlord" (where did this word come into existence) but also don't assume your opponent is trying to be one. Even if he may be.
See! FYIDM is an officially endorsed policy! Snitches get stitches in MGAF!

eznark

Banned
I think I have complained about my own games twice. Once was my latest hour long coin flip extravaganza with DM and one was my last game with the Packers. Where I complained about myself going full Sanjuro.

Nah, I really didn't. You're blaming the people who bring up shitlords for the existence of shitlords. Pretending there aren't problems and punishing whistleblowers is an age old solution for those in power!

I just think when we play we should be wary that strange things might happen during the course of the game and it might not be intentional. If you find its habitually consistent then that's totally fine and we need to hear about it, but I don't think it's good when "omg I saw a nano blitz?!" Turns into trying to find the next thing your opponent does to try and smear the guy

I'm not pretending there aren't problems. I'm just saying there's a blaming environment that isn't good and goes over board sometimes. And nobody is punishing whistle blowers. You're really just trying to get DCX kicked.

Ferny

Honestly, the league has been in heavy bitch mode the last two years. I had never seen so much complaining after games in all my time in the league since these last two Madden games. Maybe it's because the game is getting more complicated or buggy or whatever, but it comes back to the group.

Just makes this thread not that much fun to come into if every damn game it's people complaining about something totally stupid.

I played Cola and Rinse back to back yesterday. First game with Cola was total shit, not because he did anything bad, but I've never had as much go wrong in one game as I did in that one. Did I complain or fill the thread up with nonsense? Nope. I played Rinse and had a ton of fun (in a loss) and kept it going.

Honestly, the league has been in heavy bitch mode the last two years. I had never seen so much complaining after games in all my time in the league since these last two Madden games. Maybe it's because the game is getting more complicated or buggy or whatever, but it comes back to the group.

Just makes this thread not that much fun to come into if every damn game it's people complaining about something totally stupid.

I played Cola and Rinse back to back yesterday. First game with Cola was total shit, not because he did anything bad, but I've never had as much go wrong in one game as I did in that one. Did I complain or fill the thread up with nonsense? Nope. I played Rinse and had a ton of fun (in a loss) and kept it going.

Exactly. And again if you are experiencing a horrible time cause your opponent is acting a bitch we should know about it so no one else has to suffer the same experience. But it starts to fall on deaf ears when it's the same people complaining about things that weren't really a big deal to start with.

Unfortunately the whole #1 in the slot receiver thing is always going to be an issue. We can't tell people not to run that formation but all we can hopefully do is inform people that just because it works you don't have to go to that same damn play or formation every time yards are needed.

I mean in my game against FMT I needed a stop on the biggest third down of the game and what does he do? A fucking scramble with that bum Kaepernick! That cheater!

With all that said I've played most people in this league and I always have a good time with them. The only game that's actually pissed me off in the last two years was DM running trap like 15 times in a game

eznark

Banned
I solved that problem by having all terrible receivers.

The clear problem with the league this year is that Bob is gone.

Somnia

Yep this is exactly how I feel.

Sometimes shit just doesn't go your way and some people need to find a reason and then complain. I had two games in a row (eznark and trasher) where absolutely nothing went my way, but it wasn't because they did anything wrong. I just feel like it certain other members had lost to ez and trasher in those games they would have complained for no reason.

It sucks to lose, suck it up and move on. Save complaining for real exploits or cheesing. Madden fucks us all at some point, just how Madden AI works (quit manipulating it purple!)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone want to play one for "fun" before real football starts. I've been in titans practice mode for the past hour and want to see if it helps my game any.

brentech

R6 was so good last night up until Crow got randomly disconnected and we had to finish the last 2/3 rounds with only 4.
RIP Crow

I'm not going to count that last ranked session since Crow got DC'd, we're 2-0 ranked boys!

Yep this is exactly how I feel.

Sometimes shit just doesn't go your way and some people need to find a reason and then complain. I had two games in a row (eznark and trasher) where absolutely nothing went my way, but it wasn't because they did anything wrong. I just feel like it certain other members had lost to ez and trasher in those games they would have complained for no reason.

It sucks to lose, suck it up and move on. Save complaining for real exploits or cheesing. Madden fucks us all at some point, just how Madden AI works (quit manipulating it purple!)

There always has been and always will be bitching. Someone bitching about Adrian Peterson breaking 15 tackles and running for 250 yards in a game is going to get bitch ed about. That is different than someone running an exploit.

I agree some of the complaining is just that. But it is naive to say oh every complaint is just sour grapes.

Again there will always be whining after a loss. That I'd the reality of gg but! However there is a difference in complaining about getting screwed by madden RNG and complaining about someone running flat out cheese garbage 80% of the game

LukeSmith

I'm down with that. Bob is the villain we need. TLBB is what would have happened if jar jar binks became a sith lord

Bob and Ramirez are coming back. M17

The world needs bad men.
They keep the other bad men from the door.

And can we just ban QB sneak already!?

We shouldn't ban things like QB Sneak and FB Dive, their existence threatens the defense. It's part of the chess match.
Everyone was expecting QB Sneak or FB Dive in my game against GQ, and maybe thinking "oh he might toss it" on 4th and inches. That's good.

If in every single short yardage situation that game I'd ran FB Dive or QB Sneak I don't know that it'd be super fun to play against.

Bob's a bitch

Got a message from him on steam this morning

"Sorry I declined your R6 invite last night. I was too busy having a life you fucking peasant"

Top Bottom