• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

i didn't notice any issues with DCX's defensive gameplay. i didn't have much trouble moving the ball against him, just made one bad throw early which hurt me late. not sure how cover 3 sky would be a cheesy play unless there is some weird audibling going on but i've never seen it

if you make that allegation i want to see the support!

DCX

DCX
dammit i missed the cheesefest!

i will say after seeing GQ's "drop 11 strategy" last night... i mean don't do that. if you want to just rush 3 thats fine but rushing 1 and having 2 qb spys on the end... it's trash. i'm not saying dcx did that, just commenting on what i saw from GQ
I have at least three rush on every play. Double QB spy? Now that's something.

I will say this, the higher up the mountain you go, the more shit gets flung at you.

Madden School alum calling me out for his shit read is hilarious tho! Pssssssst, lilb..I didn't PM FMT.

DCX

I will say this, the higher up the mountain you go, the more shit gets flung at you.

Madden School alum calling me out for his shit read is hilarious tho! Pssssssst, lilb..I didn't PM FMT.

DCX

yes GQ literally dropped 11, then the next play he dropped 8, kept his DT rushing, and QB spy'd the two DE's O_O

as for the bolded, i would give anyone shit who was cowardly enough to run back to back FB dives on 3rd/4th and short

yes GQ literally dropped 11, then the next play he dropped 8, kept his DT rushing, and QB spy'd the two DE's O_O

as for the bolded, i would give anyone shit who was cowardly enough to run back to back FB dives on 3rd/4th and short

I tried to run with my RB on fourth and inches today and a user controlled MLB sacked my QB before he even handed the ball off. Dishonor before death from now on!

DCX

DCX

That's fine. Like CB said once, we are going to reach a point where we all just call plays and let the CPU just play. Courth Rivals Madden style.

Back to back FB dives is shady but it was done and I can't take it back. Moving on to the next game.

DCX

i watched the last int play. dont see anything cheesy about what dcx did. 4 man line, had his end drop into a zone over the middle. if you waited a second longer you had your other guy coming open in the zone

i watched the last int play. dont see anything cheesy about what dcx did. 4 man line, had his end drop into a zone over the middle. if you waited a second longer you had your other guy coming open in the zone

If I waited a second longer Flacco was going to get dead. You know why he was gonna be dead? Because the fucking linemen who was supposed to block the spy went stupid, did nothing because the AI is too stupid to figure out when to fall back and block someone else (the free blocker was inches away from the guy getting into the pocket and reacted to nothing) So essentially I had 4 line men active on the play from what I saw

And even when he did have a play rush 3, he puts a dude on spy AGAIN, so he's rushing 2, nobody get's open and the QB can't run anywhere. And same thing as below, LT is doing nothing all play and doesn't both to fall back and engage anyone else or fall back to be a free blocker.

I guess if I recognized earlier in the game that he was putting his LE on QB spy almost every play I could have had my line protect right or something, would that have even done anything? Because my RT was getting completely isolated and burned, leading to what you see of rushed passes or sacks when he only blitzes 3 people.

DCX

It sure is

giphy.gif

brentech

Can't believe I used the Gamecom 780 headphones for 2 years. Using them on PS4 now that I have the A40s is like putting razor wire around my ears.

Smokey

Caved and upgraded to W10. Looks nice. Feels good. I'm sure something is broken somewhere underneath the hood. Kind of want to do a fresh install.

DCX

DCX
Any predictions for tomorrow?

I think it's going to be Pats and Carolina. Panthers seems to be on that magical season ride.

DCX

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Man, I am still shook from that loss. Usually I know I'm going to lose by the start of the third quarter so losses don't really get to me. This one tho this one I should have won. 3 damn tries from inside 5 yards and I couldn't make it happen. Must be my inner Bengal showing... :(

I need to practice more so I can figure out how to do hot routes and have more control over my defense. Playing D is my downfall. I don't know how to make manual adjustments and even if I did I probably wouldn't know what to adjust to. On offense and defense I just pick a play and don't do any other adjustments or audibles.

Should I check out this Madden school y'all keep going on about? Or would I benefit more from just playing the hell out of the skills trainer?

eznark

Banned
I'm just glad the two man rush is back. I have a bunch of linebackers. Looking forward to the 1-6-5 defense making a triumphant return!

Smokey

Man, I am still shook from that loss. Usually I know I'm going to lose by the start of the third quarter so losses don't really get to me. This one tho this one I should have won. 3 damn tries from inside 5 yards and I couldn't make it happen. Must be my inner Bengal showing... :(

I need to practice more so I can figure out how to do hot routes and have more control over my defense. Playing D is my downfall. I don't know how to make manual adjustments and even if I did I probably wouldn't know what to adjust to. On offense and defense I just pick a play and don't do any other adjustments or audibles.

Should I check out this Madden school y'all keep going on about? Or would I benefit more from just playing the hell out of the skills trainer?

Kylo-Ren-Wallpaper-2.jpg

i will say there is no reason to "QB Spy" joe flacco and it would probably be the last thing i would ever think to do if i played a QB like that. is there a reason you would think to run qb spy consistently dcx? (I don't know how often you run it)

Greg

Caved and upgraded to W10. Looks nice. Feels good. I'm sure something is broken somewhere underneath the hood. Kind of want to do a fresh install.
I had some audio interface issues coming off the upgrade until I did a fresh install, but that was right at launch and was probably just a driver issue

it's been great on the handful of machines I work with on a fresh install

make sure to browse through Settings -> Privacy (mainly General/Feedback & Diagnostics/Background apps) - not that big of a deal, but lots of processes and auto-updating for useless apps you can disable
Any predictions for tomorrow?

I think it's going to be Pats and Carolina. Panthers seems to be on that magical season ride.

DCX
I don't see the Panthers winning that game... laid an egg in the 2nd half against the Seahawks, and I'm not sure if Cam really had to face playoff pressure getting out to such a quick lead without having to do much work

Carson didn't look good against the Packers, but I think they know more of what they're getting from the Panthers and Palmer will go back to doing his thing now that he got his first win

I really don't care though - I just hope Brady eats shit

DJ Bowser

GG Crimson. Really feeling the loss of Sean Lee.

Your user-pick was a hell of a play. The angle you took it looked like you were going for Hill who I was hoping to throw to so I went to Mckay and you snagged it.

I'm salty I didn't pick that screen I cut off with Mcclain.

Game is trash, league is devolving in to trash.

Pretty much.

Welp the meat of my schedule starts now:

Bengals
Hawks
Rams
49ers
Raiders
Colts

All playoff teams or in contention

Something here does not quite match.

The skills trainer teaches you a lot of nice things that are really useful when playing the CPU or the few people in the league who will play you straight up. If nothing else it lets you know how the designers thought you would be playing the game instead of how everyone actually plays.

DCX

DCX
i will say there is no reason to "QB Spy" joe flacco and it would probably be the last thing i would ever think to do if i played a QB like that. is there a reason you would think to run qb spy consistently dcx? (I don't know how often you run it)
I will occasionally QB spy or hook zone a DE if I feel someone is destroying me on drags and mesh plays.

Most of the time it results in a large gain by a RB via run or screen. Some times I will get a deflection or make the opponent hold the ball longer than expected to cause a coverage sack. Nothing more, nothing less.

DCX

DJ Bowser

He does actually scramble with Flacco fairly often so spying him is very rational.

Edit: and apparently it helps cover the flats? Interesting!

DCX

DCX
He does actually scramble with Flacco fairly often so spying him is very rational.

It doesn't really. I mean Lacy had 14 receptions bruh.

He had 300 yards passing. He just threw three ints including the dagger right at the spy.
DCX

I will occasionally QB spy or hook zone a DE if I feel someone is destroying me on drags and mesh plays.

Most of the time it results in a large gain by a RB via run or screen. Some times I will get a deflection or make the opponent hold the ball longer than expected to cause a coverage sack. Nothing more, nothing less.

DCX

ok i understand doing a hook zone or yellow route to combat that. i don't understand doing a QB spy in any situation against a QB who literally doesn't run. now i've seen more than just you use QB spy from the DT or DE position on a significant number of plays and it makes me wonder about the effectiveness of QB spy and if there's some reason that i've seen it run so often (even though people are playing against QB's who are basically no threat to run)

ok, why not spy with a LB? it seems to me that running these 2 or 3 man rushes, then spying the 3rd or 4th man (respectively) on the line, is potentially overly effective vs. what it should be.

in real life, when you spy the QB, it is in effect hurting your defense to a degree. i know madden isn't something to compare to real life but again i say when someone is doing something like QB spy a good deal of the game against a QB who doesn't run much it makes me think there is something shady going on. i could be wrong, i could be! but that is the first thing that pops into my mind when i think about that.

i have literally never had a DL as a qb spy against anyone. if i qb spy, i do it with my linebacker

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST

So i feel like this post has been brewing for a bit. But we kept putting it off and hoped people would get past it and things seem to be getting worse through the year. This post reflects both FMT's and my own views on the matter.

This is the official warning for EVERYONE to stop being a shitlord when you play your games. There will be no extra official rules coming because (atleast it seems to me) alot of these things should be common sense. I also really dislike making new rules. But allow me to give a few examples.

1. Cover 11 is a shitlord thing to do
  2. Running a bunch of FB dives and QB sneaks in a game (especially back to back!) is a shitlord thing to do.
  3. Low punts are a shitlord thing to do.
  4. Throwing that 99 OVR 99 speed 99 acceleration WR in the slot a ton is a shitlord thing to do. We all know the DB logic sucks in the slot and you cant put your #1 corner to match that guy every time.

These issues SHOULD be things you guys wouldnt be doing to eachother. When im playing or watching a game and it looks like some shit you'd see in a Madden Ultimate Team quickmatch, we have real problems. Believe it or not, winning some week 5 regular season game at all costs isnt more important than treating your opponent with respect.

I could probably point to the obvious suspects and tell them this in private but ive noticed plenty of people doing these kinds of things that have been in this league a long enough time and should know better, which is probably the worst part of all this. But the biggest offenders (you know who you are), take special heed.

This is your warning. Going forward, player suspensions are first, and if that doesnt work, I think we can live without you. Id rather it not come to that, as I quite like the group we have now, but one of our members has generously volunteered to find us replacements if that becomes the case.

Questions or comments can be posted here or sent to FMT/myself privately.

Ill repost this on the new page so people dont miss it.

Smokey

Something here does not quite match.

league site says you're on the bubble. that means contention!

GG Crimson. Really feeling the loss of Sean Lee.

Your user-pick was a hell of a play. The angle you took it looked like you were going for Hill who I was hoping to throw to so I went to Mckay and you snagged it.

I'm salty I didn't pick that screen I cut off with Mcclain.

you had one job, come tf on bowser

READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST
READ THIS POST

So i feel like this post has been brewing for a bit. But we kept putting it off and hoped people would get past it and things seem to be getting worse through the year. This post reflects both FMT's and my own views on the matter.

This is the official warning for EVERYONE to stop being a shitlord when you play your games. There will be no extra official rules coming because (atleast it seems to me) alot of these things should be common sense. I also really dislike making new rules. But allow me to give a few examples.

1. Cover 11 is a shitlord thing to do
  2. Running a bunch of FB dives and QB sneaks in a game (especially back to back!) is a shitlord thing to do.
  3. Low punts are a shitlord thing to do.
  4. Throwing that 99 OVR 99 speed 99 acceleration WR in the slot a ton is a shitlord thing to do. We all know the DB logic sucks in the slot and you cant put your #1 corner to match that guy every time.

These issues SHOULD be things you guys wouldnt be doing to eachother. When im playing or watching a game and it looks like some shit you'd see in a Madden Ultimate Team quickmatch, we have real problems. Believe it or not, winning some week 5 regular season game at all costs isnt more important than treating your opponent with respect.

I could probably point to the obvious suspects and tell them this in private but ive noticed plenty of people doing these kinds of things that have been in this league a long enough time and should know better, which is probably the worst part of all this. But the biggest offenders (you know who you are), take special heed.

This is your warning. Going forward, player suspensions are first, and if that doesnt work, I think we can live without you. Id rather it not come to that, as I quite like the group we have now, but one of our members has generously volunteered to find us replacements if that becomes the case.

Questions or comments can be posted here or sent to FMT/myself privately.

Ill repost this on the new page so people dont miss it.

and just adding to the above, a lot of the shit that is done.... doesn't even need to be done! you can convert on a 3rd or 4th and 1 without running junk fb dive/qb sneak! you can have a touchdown drive without throwing the same route over and over and over again when you need it! you can have a successful running game without running toss plays 5-10 times a game!

if you play straight up, and you beat your opponent, what can they say except GG but? there is a bunch of bullshit in madden that no one can control and sometimes you just get the short end of the stick in this RNG paradise. but i feel if we just minimize the bullshit it is a benefit to everyone.

i am reminded of playing markdmc or whatever his name was in the superbowl. it got to the point that this dude was running so much fucking junk i found myself running junk in that game too! then you are involved in a worthless game where you're just trying to one up your opponent because you feel that you are being taken advantage of.

my game against pheeniks today i got absolutely torched to the tune of 400-ish yards passing, and i had no problem with it at all. part of it is i won of course, but had i lost that game i can legitimately say i would have said GG and meant it. a very enjoyable chess match. that is what the league should be about. not concerned with oh it's a 3rd and 1, i have to compromise my entire defense and call guess run in the middle because this asshole might run a QB sneak or fb dive.

it's a thin line between having rules and being some type of douchebag overlords who dictate literally how everyone plays. i feel like common sense should prevail. this isn't draft champions or MUT and some of the shit i see is bordering on that. that's not what this league should be about. the reason we started the league was to escape that nightmare!

Top Bottom