• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

LJ11

Hey jb11, any chance you could play a little bit later like 11 est? My wife wants to get a walk in while there is still sunlight, if thats too late on your end we can play at the planned 9est time
Yeah bro, go ahead and take a walk, sorry for replying late, was out. I'll hop on at 11.

BigAT

whatever you say, TheLostBigAT

356pjcu.gif

We're not Rocket bros no more.

BigAT

Probably not a good thing when you get through a puzzle "tutorial" and still have no fucking clue how the functionality for it works.

Great game lj, we both caught some bad breaks but i definitely deserved to lose with those two late game mistakes., not sliding and run committing on your toss td, felt good about my performance in general though, especially against a player of your caliber, finally getting my madden lega back underneath me

rinse82

Great game lj, we both caught some bad breaks but i definitely deserved to lose with those two late game mistakes., not sliding and run committing on your toss td, felt good about my performance in general though, especially against a player of your caliber, finally getting my madden lega back underneath me

solid stealth tanking!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Drizz won't be able to play until tomorrow after 10pm.

Is that cool or is the advance before then?

LJ11

GG Scott. You caught a break on that 4th down GL play, but I caught a bigger one down the stretch. I figured I'd call the toss because I ran it up the gut on a few short downs, thought I might catch you on an all out blitz.

Cover 3 BUZZZZZZZ. I adjust the fuck out of it, it's not like I run it stock.

Also, that game is prime example of how busted PA pass blocking is. Scott and I both got sacks off of PA all game, it's garbage. Again, blocking or hot routing your HB does nothing to the D AI, I'll keep pounding that drum all year.

BUZZZZZZ

Was on PS4 the last two nights and didn't hear from him at all.

thats weird, he usually responds to PSN messages. i don't know, maybe he quit the league!?

well you can either play cpu or i can give you the sim win if you did contact him with no response. if you want the sim win i recommend you bench your starters

and now i present the top 5 hardest and weakest strength of schedule rating!

Browns +56
Cards +47
Colts + 38
49ers + 29
Redskins +28

Patriost -77
Chiefs - 68
Bengals -62
Chargers -40
Saints -37

LukeSmith

AFCNFCNew.png

6.jpg

150px-National_Football_Conference_logo_old.svg.png

Team | Division Record | Conference Record | Remaining opponents (key games bolded)
1. SF 10-1 (4-0) (8-1) Eagles, Jags, Texans, Seahawks, Rams
2. ATL 10-1 (3-0) (8-1) Packers, Saints, Bucs, Jets, Panthers
3. PHI 8-3 (4-1) (5-3) Niners, Cards, Cowboys, Chargers, Seahawks
4. CHI 8-3 (2-2) (5-3) Rams, Lions, Vikings, Steelers, Bucs
5. STL 9-2 (3-1) (6-2) Bears, Texans, Seahawks, Cowboys, Niners
6. DAL 8-3 (3-1) (5-3) Giants, Broncos, Eagles, Rams, Cardinals
7. MIN 7-4 (4-0) (5-3) Panthers, Bucs, Bears, Browns, Lions

NFC Hot Takes:
  • Seven teams in real contention for the six spots.
  • FMT has arguably hardest remaining schedule in the NFC (maybe in the league, but let's see how that looks below.
  • DCX has a pretty simple road to the top seed in the NFC.
  • CB has two big tests, FMT and Bowser, and with a win against Bowser, locks up the division if they finish with identical records.
  • Bowser has three very winnable games (but Wellington could spoil the whole thing with a good ol' fashioned upset next week) and two games that are going to test him. The real question about the Cowboys is how long till McKay is back in the slot.
  • LJ's destiny is basically in his own hands. If he runs the table, he gets the top seed. But I said "arguably the hardest schedule" for FMT, because LJ (like FMT) plays four playoff teams and the Seahawks.
  • Saving the NFC Norris for last, the division record here is really important. MIN has a 2 game advantage because of the LilBoss PuntGate Meltdown against Somnia (something that we knew would come back to haunt LilB at the time, and the witching hour is upon the Windy City). Now, Minnesota is through the meat of their schedule with 4 winnable games, while LilB needs to beat LJ, Steelers and the Vikings and hope that Minnesota drops a winnable game.

NFC Predictions
1. ATL
2. STL
3. PHI
4. MIN
5. SF
6. DAL

outside-looking-in.jpg

BearsLogo.jpg

150px-American_Football_Conference_logo.svg.png

1. Pats 9-2 (4-0) (6-1) CLE, NYJ, DEN, KC, BUF
2. KC 8-3 (4-1) (8-2) WAS, NYG, BUF, NE, OAK
3. HOU 8-3 (4-1) (7-3) SEA, STL, SF, OAK, IND
4. PIT 7-3 (1-2) (4-3) BAL, OAK, IND, BAL, CHI, CLE
5. CIN 7-4 (3-1) (7-2) DEN, BAL, DET, BAL, GB
6. BUF 7-4 (3-1) (6-3) MIA, CAR, KC, NO, NE
7. OAK 7-4 (3-1) (5-2) PIT, MIA, SD, HOU, KC
8. IND 6-5 (3-0) (6-3) ARI, PIT, JAX, TEN, HOU
9. JAX 6-5 (1-3) (5-4) TEN, SF, IND, ARI, BAL

AFC Hot Takes
  • 9 teams for six spots.
  • Pats remaining schedule has ends with two difficult games in KC and BUF (must-win games for both of those teams).
  • Wellington gets the chance to play spoiler in the AFC, but KC finishes with a difficult three game stretch that includes three teams in the playoff hunt.
  • AFC North race is close. Stealing games against Smokey and AT means Splat has a bunch of tiebreakers for the Wild Card AND has the inside track for the division AND has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way. Finishing 12-4 is very possible, if not likely.
  • Pittsburgh has a rougher road with three potential playoff teams looking to spoil AT's shot at the division. AT doesn't seem to have many tiebreakers against Splat, either.
  • Despite a Livewire-ian performance behind center, Soka's Raiders are still in the hunt, but his road goes through 3 playoff contenders in PIT, HOU and KC.
  • Buffalo should get to 10 wins pretty easily and then spltting the combination of their final 2 games, makes them an 11-5 team with the leftovers from the AFC North likely gobbling up the other Wild Card spot.
  • Which leads us to the AFC South.
  • Extremely likely only one team from this division is playoff bound. Five losses right now is close to the likely cutoff for loss totals that get you into the playoffs, which mean IND and JAX have to both win out (but they play each other).
  • Accepting that there won't be a Wild Card team from the AFC South means it's all about the race for the division.
  • Smokey is the third member of the "Four Playoff Teams and a Bluemax Schedule" club (FMT and LJ being the other two) and he also has Oakland and a closes the season against Indy in a game that could determine the division.
  • Not looking past Greg's Jags, but his 1-3 divisional record means he holds no tiebreakers for the division.

AFC Predictions
1. KC
2. NE
3. CIN
4. HOU
5. PIT
6. BUF

Top Bottom