• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

BigAT

Some less bipolar impressions:

I'm about two hours in and enjoying it so far. I have two and a half pages of notes! I did a cool thing early on in the game and then ran to where it looked like it had caused an effect on the island and ended up wandering around/getting lost for a bit before eventually getting back and making some real progress.

The puzzles feel smart and well done so far. Provides a good sense of accomplishment when you figure out most of them. Definitely seems like one of those games where it is good to take breaks periodically since you can get tunnel vision when it comes to finding a solution. I was stuck on one last night, switched to Bloodborne for a bit (which I'm finally playing through now) and when I eventually came back I solved it immediately.

eznark

Banned
Which areas have you done at? And have you seen any hexagon stuff? Oh, spoiler, there are hexagonal shapes.

My impressions would have been less bipolar had I gone in a different order, I think.

BigAT

I unlocked the
Symmetry Laser and I'm pretty far into the sand section area where you use light. I've found two audio logs so far.

Somnia

Which areas have you done at? And have you seen any hexagon stuff? Oh, spoiler, there are hexagonal shapes.

My impressions would have been less bipolar had I gone in a different order, I think.

Some less bipolar impressions:

I'm about two hours in and enjoying it so far. I have two and a half pages of notes! I did a cool thing early on in the game and then ran to where it looked like it had caused an effect on the island and ended up wandering around/getting lost for a bit before eventually getting back and making some real progress.

The puzzles feel smart and well done so far. Provides a good sense of accomplishment when you figure out most of them. Definitely seems like one of those games where it is good to take breaks periodically since you can get tunnel vision when it comes to finding a solution. I was stuck on one last night, switched to Bloodborne for a bit (which I'm finally playing through now) and when I eventually came back I solved it immediately.

I think between the two of you, you've sold me on the game. I mainly want to get it just for the puzzles so that works. I figure it's something I can play in between the other games I'll be playing.

eznark

Banned
I unlocked the
Symmetry Laser and I'm pretty far into the sand section area where you use light. I've found two audio logs so far.

Gotcha. That's the area that made me hate the game for a little bit.
knowing the solutions but having to position yourself juuuuuuuust right to see them annoyed the piss out of me. Even if you know the reflection/refraction angle, it feels imprecise.

I think between the two of you, you've sold me on the game. I mainly want to get it just for the puzzles so that works. I figure it's something I can play in between the other games I'll be playing.

Oh for sure play it. I'm enjoying 80% of what I've played so far.

BigAT

Gotcha. That's the area that made me hate the game for a little bit.
knowing the solutions but having to position yourself juuuuuuuust right to see them annoyed the piss out of me. Even if you know the reflection/refraction angle, it feels imprecise.

Yeah, the game should be more generous with the angles for that for sure. Kind of no reason to have it be so difficult to sort out after you figure out the first puzzle honestly.

eznark

Banned
Yeah, the game should be more generous with the angles for that for sure. Kind of no reason to have it be so difficult to sort out after you figure out the first puzzle honestly.

It does something tangentially similar in the area I just completed but does it SO much better. The thing that really annoyed me about that, and a couple other little things, is that it feels intentional to pad the game out. But I don't think I would feel that way if it weren't for the way Blow treated the length of the game during it's production. It doesn't inherently feel bloated, it just feels bloated because Blow put soooooooo much emphasis on how long this game is for the past few years. It took me two hours to complete that part. The next three sections didn't take two hours combined.

Splat

I think I'm near where AT is, only one log though :( also annoyed by the one puzzle near the start under the hill, unsure why I'm not getting it (no spoilers please). Maybe it'll come to me tonight. Enjoying so far!

eznark

Banned
I think I know the one you're talking about. I've done like a dozen of those and still don't really understand the mechanic fully.

Splat

I think I know the one you're talking about. I've done like a dozen of those and still don't really understand the mechanic fully.
There's two sets of tutorial boards near it that I had no issues with, but the puzzle combines them and somehow doesn't work. Who knows! It was late. Also solved some on the way to the sand that didn't seem to do/unlock anything

brentech

Got my replacement type cover for the SP4 yesterday. Trackpad left click now works and through a couple hours of chrome, it never crashed, so I think the two issues were related based on the event viewer logs.

Good stuff.

Smokey

Somnia get rekt

why on earth do you think you won't get 1080p 60fps with most settings maxed out? hate these kind of posts. "I have an unlocked 6th gen i7, DDR4 16gb, a very high end gpu...guys do you think i can manage minecraft at 1080p 60fps??"

eznark

Banned
Legit stumped for the first time...

CZvhCwyWwAAs2xt.jpg:large

brentech

What ever happened to Madden GAF Prison Brent?

Last couple times I ran it nothing exciting happened. Just launched and a shower brawl started. Ended with Scott Sullivan getting murdered. I did not see by who.
Drizzler almost killed LJ. LJ was unconscious and Drizz kept beating him until the last sliver of life and then just walked away (probably to get high).

Somnia

Last couple times I ran it nothing exciting happened. Just launched and a shower brawl started. Ended with Scott Sullivan getting murdered. I did not see by who.
Drizzler almost killed LJ. LJ was unconscious and Drizz kept beating him until the last sliver of life and then just walked away (probably to get high).

I saw it's coming to PS4, hopefully we can get more MaddenGAF prisons built and going. Always fun reading those stories.

Somnia

Evo 2016 lineup sure is interesting, 3 Nintendo games huh

I had no idea Pokken would have a tournament scene? Shows my knowledge on the fighting game scene.

brentech

I saw it's coming to PS4, hopefully we can get more MaddenGAF prisons built and going. Always fun reading those stories.

You can't edit names normally. I have to edit save files and bio data to do that type of thing. I think the game would be a pain in the ass with a controller as well.

eznark

Banned
NEW FOR THE WINTER TREASURES
ESCALATING ODDS FOR ULTRA RARES
Level up your luck. The chances of receiving an Ultra Rare item from a Winter 2016 Treasure now improve with each one you open. Earn more treasures to make your own fate!

fucking devious

Need that veno taunt!

rinse82

i just want the season to be over already. I've never had a season this bad. I'm not even sure how many times i've been under .500.

it really does. I ended up with the venge set from the chest.

I see some studs in the draft, could be a good time to have a down year!

Also - please beat Cola!

Somnia

I just happen to have $22 sitting in my steam wallet too for tonight :)

I'll be on after 8:30CST tonight if others are around.

Top Bottom