• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

Colasante

I really wish Madden had more advanced, PFF-style stats in game. I'd love to see percentage of snaps a player runs out of the slot for instance, or how many receptions and yards a cornerback has given up, or how much a team plays in a base or nickel defense. I don't see why it'd be so difficult to implement.

brentech

How is it?

gJvoogCl.jpg

John Wick going for some vengeance soon.

edit: John Wick is 1-0 boys! I'm not sure how I feel about the ground game. They said they made it more seamless of an interaction, but it doesn't feel that way out of the gates. Only my first fight, so that opinion can change drastically. Playing their ultimate team mode

DCX

DCX
Somnia, I'm going out for the night. I might be able to play tonight if I am with it enough to turn on the console lol.

I'll let you know. It might be closer to 10-11 est.

DCX

Bluemax tell me about Justin Wilcox

InsideUSC
‏@InsideUSC
A former #USC coach tells me Justin Wilcox's favorite line during games was ``I don't know what to call.'' #USC http://www.insidesocal.com/usc/2015/12/10/scenes-2/ …

InsideUSC ‏@InsideUSC 6 Dec 2015
Source confirms Clay Helton asked Justin Wilcox who was supposed to cover McCaffrey on 67-yard pass and Wilcox said, ``I don't know.'' #USC

He's not good!

Edit: More specifically I remember that he runs a 3-4 with a lot of zone coverage and he doesn't blitz very often. It is possible that some of that this past year was because of USC's youth in the secondary, and the year before they didn't really have to blitz because Leonard Williams was a 1 man wrecking crew. He was creative enough to find ways to use Sua Cravens who is sort of a Deon Buchannon type safety/linebacker hybrid player.

The year before Wilcox showed up USC had a top 10 defense by advanced metrics. The two years he was there they were in the 30-40 range.

Somnia

Somnia, I'm going out for the night. I might be able to play tonight if I am with it enough to turn on the console lol.

I'll let you know. It might be closer to 10-11 est.

DCX

I'll be around till about 1030 cst. If not we'll play tomorrow or anytime Saturday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What time do you get home today DJ Bowser? If we advance and you get home I can play if it's no later than 10 otherwise I'm going to be out cold. Didn't get great sleep last night.

DJ Bowser

What time do you get home today DJ Bowser? If we advance and you get home I can play if it's no later than 10 otherwise I'm going to be out cold. Didn't get great sleep last night.
10 is a definite possibility. I'm HOPING to be home around 9:30 but it depends on the flow of business during the night. I'll keep you updated.

BigAT

Probably only in the real game. I mean you have to give people some reason to keep their pre order.

If I can't test the penis physics before hand there's no way I'm risking an order. Same reason I won't buy The Order 1886, the penises in game don't even have physics!

brentech

noooooooo, John Wick lost the championship to my unrefined ground skills. Dude just took me down over and over. Couldn't finish as he just went for sub after sub, but I had a hard time getting up.
It may have slighly effected the transition prompts, but that was the only fight that had a small bit of lag in it.

5 round decision loss after knocking the first 3 guys out.

rinse82

noooooooo, John Wick lost the championship to my unrefined ground skills. Dude just took me down over and over. Couldn't finish as he just went for sub after sub, but I had a hard time getting up.
It may have slighly effected the transition prompts, but that was the only fight that had a small bit of lag in it.

5 round decision loss after knocking the first 3 guys out.

Do you like the game?

Also DM game is soooo a simit

brentech

Do you like the game?
So far I have notched 4 total (all online) matches. 3 of the 4 were flawless, the 4th hitched here and there.
Not enough gameplay so far to say how different from UFC 1 it is. The ground/clinch game is the only very different approach that I can note at the moment. When it finally gets into a sub attempt it uses the same submission system.

Interesting take on ultimate team. Create your fighter, and the packs reward you with striking/takedown/transition/sub "moves", along with slight stat gains or one match stat/trait bonuses, and fighter stamina recovery (you have to maintain your fighter stamina from fight to fight which is dumb). You can have a stable of 5 fighters. The cards are marked universal or for a specific weight class.

I think the game looks a little better and even feels a bit more visceral their the first attempt. So far so good.

Wish they let your stream the beta. Seems like something that would only help them.

Luke, will you be available tonight after the advance?

If not, the next time I can roll is Sunday afternoon after 6 CT, or late Saturday after 12:30 AM CT is when I might be back.

LukeSmith

Luke, will you be available tonight after the advance?

If not, the next time I can roll is Sunday afternoon after 6 CT, or late Saturday after 12:30 AM CT is when I might be back.

Yeah I'll be around tonight Phee, I'm not going to be home for awhile yet (prob can be ready around 7 to take my playoff ending loss)

Yeah I'll be around tonight Phee, I'm not going to be home for awhile yet (prob can be ready around 7 to take my playoff ending loss)

That's cool, I think that's when the last game is starting so I'll be around.

It'll be like old times where I was in the AFC South that one year and drafted I don't remember who.

BigAT

Is there such a thing as mid-season regression? I swear Ben has become near unusable as a quarterback the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Is there such a thing as mid-season regression? I swear Ben has become near unusable as a quarterback the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Don't think so, but I had the same thing happen last season with Flacco, had a good stretch of games where balls just went wild and I thought the same thing.

DJ Bowser

It does seem like there's some un-listed confidence that affects things. Two seasons ago, Romo had a stretch of games where every downfield throw went out of bounds.

Greg

this happened with Bortles last year - no joke it's why I started hot last year and then ended so bad

changed nothing about how I played, but routine throws at every distance turned into coin flips

Top Bottom