• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread #2: Blink Daggers and Backflips

eznark

Banned
That skywrath is basically the super rare Kayle set I have. Will buy til I get that one. Then go 1-15 with pussy ass Skywrath.

I made the mistake of wearing a Dota tshirt in public the other day and some random guy coming out of a Subway asked me what I play.

I responded "poorly".

eznark

Banned
CZv1dc2WQAUWjQ0.jpg:large

Luke if we advance tonight, I'll be around tonight and tomorrow night. Gotta be out of town Friday/Saturday so hopefully we can make this work.

BigAT

My complaint about the Winter Battle Pass would be that half that stuff should be in the game anyway. Hopefully most of the changes will become standardized going forward at least.

brentech

You and I need to refine our passing games.

I did have a first couple bad games that were on me to start the season, but at a certain point I just decided to be aggressive because I didn't think I could turn it around. I need to retool my defense more than anything, and then I won't feel like I have to pass deep or make something crazy happen all the time. I need the early pick, but apparently winning 3 games is just too much in this league =\

eznark

Banned
I bet it all will be, it's just a way to juice sales of the compendium. I think they were down for the first Major weren't they?

DJ Bowser

Bowser trying hard to not break that single season receiving record with McKay
He had >100 yards against CB.

It's gonna take me a game or two to adjust, but McKay as the #2 is going to be a monster that the league will regret bringing upon itself. Against CB I was running a couple of route combos to the wrong side.

May Tebow have mercy on your souls.

I did have a first couple bad games that were on me to start the season, but at a certain point I just decided to be aggressive because I didn't think I could turn it around. I need to retool my defense more than anything, and then I won't feel like I have to pass deep or make something crazy happen all the time. I need the early pick, but apparently winning 3 games is just too much in this league =
I'm continuing to have a mediocre season when I need to bottom out for a QB. Got too much real life Dolphins in me :(

I wonder if I passed on one for Motes

rinse82

All this setting up next week's games for tonight is cute when we aren't even going to advance until tomorrow.

Unless I haven't been paying attention and all the games remaining have been scheduled.

eznark

Banned
Stardock, always doing things right

Greetings Founder,
One of the perks of being an Elite Founder is getting our new content for free. We are excited to announce that the first expansion, Galactic Civilizations III: Mercenaries will be released February 18, 2016. As an Elite Founder, "Mercenaries" will be automatically added to your account upon release.
In our first GalCiv III expansion, the human race is fighting a desperate war against the remorseless Drengin Empire. Both sides have become increasingly desperate, leading them to turn to the galactic underworld and their elite mercenaries.
Features:
- New Campaign Hire mercenaries and lead the Torians to freedom from their Drengin oppressors.

- Visit the Galactic Bazaar and hire mercenaries to do your bidding.

- New Factions Play as the Arceans, an ancient race of warriors and long-time enemy of the Drengin
Empire, or as the Torians, an aquatic species who are trying to escape Drengin enslavement.

- Mercenaries graphics engine with newly supported effects (requires DX11).

- Tons of new ships and dozens of new ships parts for customization.

- New abilities, new tech trees, new music, and more!

rinse82

Week 1 when I took on CPU Pats is going to come back and bite me in the ass, I know it.

Cola, you should lose a few games for shits and giggles and set up the epic Week 17 showdown.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I did have a first couple bad games that were on me to start the season, but at a certain point I just decided to be aggressive because I didn't think I could turn it around. I need to retool my defense more than anything, and then I won't feel like I have to pass deep or make something crazy happen all the time. I need the early pick, but apparently winning 3 games is just too much in this league =\

Yeah I am in the same boat, need to increase the viscosity of my defense. Lately I have felt that my defense has been very cohesive and has provided a lot of friction for opposing offenses but in this league you don't stand a chance if you can't score. You might as well lube up.

Colasante

Week 1 when I took on CPU Pats is going to come back and bite me in the ass, I know it.

Cola, you should lose a few games for shits and giggles and set up the epic Week 17 showdown.

Well, you got into the playoffs last year partly because I had to CPU my last couple games so it would only be right. But I could very easily lose to the Chiefs and drop one of the Jets/Browns games, so we might have that week 17 showdown whether I like it or not.

BigAT

Yeah I am in the same boat, need to increase the viscosity of my defense. Lately I have felt that my defense has been very cohesive and has provided a lot of friction for opposing offenses but in this league you don't stand a chance if you can't score. You might as well lube up.

stop-stop.gif

brentech

My problem was removing my 2 starting LBers due to speed for guys that have no awareness or play recognition. It's fine if I user one, but the other is still a super liability. Also not sure what is going on with my 91 OVR FS, but Gipson is finding himself out of position on a lot the big plays against me. It's weird as it wasn't an issue in previous seasons and the guy is still young.

I honestly think I can shore up my offense if I really try. My defense just makes me angry and I don't really care to play it safe on offense.

DCX

DCX
My problem was removing my 2 starting LBers due to speed for guys that have no awareness or play recognition. It's fine if I user one, but the other is still a super liability. Also not sure what is going on with my 91 OVR FS, but Gipson is finding himself out of position on a lot the big plays against me. It's weird as it wasn't an issue in previous seasons and the guy is still young.

I honestly think I can shore up my offense if I really try. My defense just makes me angry and I don't really care to play it safe on offense.
83 speed is bad..especially against the McKays of the world. He has insane zone and catch skills. Maybe you should be usering him to anticipate plays faster to make up the speed difference.

brentech

83 speed is bad..especially against the McKays of the world. He has insane zone and catch skills. Maybe you should be usering him to anticipate plays faster to make up the speed difference.

I get what you're saying, but he's not getting beat like that. He's playing his zones weird, running past a guy, then having to make up ground. BigAT saw it first hand. Few other really notable plays against other people as well, but AT was the one to really point it out.

This is what makes me nervous about kicking Bethea to the curb at the end of the season :/

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I get what you're saying, but he's not getting beat like that. He's playing his zones weird, running past a guy, then having to make up ground. BigAT saw it first hand. Few other really notable plays against other people as well, but AT was the one to really point it out.

I know what you mean about the safeties, I have been getting killed in both zone and man coverages. It's strange considering the stats for your guy though, I figured my duo just needed higher PRC ratings. Year's prior, all you ever needed for a competent safety on either side was ZCV and AWR and the rest figured itself out. Now my defense is leakier than the exxon valdez.

I did the same as you with my LBers, I plugged in my dumb as bricks OLB and I just manual him. Last game was pretty slick. He got a pick when I wasn't usering him of course but dropped two others when I was. I have also been much better against the run, thank God. Another 5 years of this and I will actually be a net positive for the defense!

Hey jb11, any chance you could play a little bit later like 11 est? My wife wants to get a walk in while there is still sunlight, if thats too late on your end we can play at the planned 9est time

Hey jb11, any chance you could play a little bit later like 11 est? My wife wants to get a walk in while there is still sunlight, if thats too late on your end we can play at the planned 9est time

is the type of thing where you want to show disrespect to someone by intentionally getting their name wrong?

Top Bottom