• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
welllington turning into eznark jr.

eznark one bad throw with erron = benched
wellington one "bad" game with beckham = traded

It doesnt fit my scheme at all is the problem.

I have 3 receivers I can throw to and not have issues, I can't run the ball due to no pieces on the OL (Flowers is good but shit AWR). Further, my defense is horrendous. I can only address but so much in one or two offseasons. Let me trade what is my most valuable piece to make up that gap.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
OBJ scares the living shit out of me. I approve any trade that gets him out of the east!

It doesnt fit my scheme at all is the problem.

I have 3 receivers I can throw to and not have issues, I can't run the ball due to no pieces on the OL (Flowers is good but shit AWR). Further, my defense is horrendous. I can only address but so much in one or two offseasons. Let me trade what is my most valuable piece to make up that gap.

you can find a decent OL in FA or the draft. you can also find decent defensive pieces. i will 100% guarantee you that you will not find a WR of his caliber in the draft or FA.

Smokey

OK let me be clear, the starting offer for OBJ is a first rounder plus. The dude is rated 93 and is on his rookie contract. Someone offered me Martellus B. ... well let's not give it away, M. Bennett straight up for OBJ - c'mon. That's Smokey to DCX level.

Bowser: Prob not, I have to be at work because of stupid Con Ed.

excuse me

BigAT

not how it works son

trust me

i know

d7vMl55.gif

SickBoy

you're quitting the league!? have people not been able to accommodate your schedule or are you just blowing off steam? let us know asap, wish you wouldn't leave tho :/

I'm willing to stay on as long as necessary. It's not a matter of people being unable to accommodate my schedule -- as with last year people have been amazing about it (even DM reached out to me this year after I was MIA for a few days on that week).

But it's just that between work, family and other commitments, it's really tough to do "appointment" gaming. It's not that I don't have time for games, but it's hard to predict and sometimes tough to get an hour chunk available. Every advance people are chomping at the bit for a new week, and for me, I'm looking at it like, "oh man, I gotta try to squeeze in a game again." This was the reason I only managed the two seasons last year, and it doesn't seem like it's any easier now, even though it should be.

As for blowing off steam -- it's not that. Like I said, I had been planning to post previously (and was hoping I could do so after a win, but then I got crushed). I was going to go faux-rage quit on DCX, but he's always been a good guy to play against, so I didn't want to have people think that I was really furious.

If you guys want me to keep on it and see if anything changes (admittedly, September has been a crazy month), I can do that. But I'm not sure it'll get any better.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Its really up to you. I dont mind if it takes you until day 3 to get your games in every week. As long as your communicating with your opponent (and you have) i dont see any issues. I dont mind waiting and seeing if things are easier for you in october either.

Its your call. If you want out we'll go and find someone.

the issue with saying that is people are trying to schedule their next weeks game and it's hard to do that when we don't know what time it's going to advance. what time are you playing?
We said we were gonna play late tonight or at worst tomorrow morning(both of us are free). Pete is suppose to be home in 40 minutes and we should be starting then.

DJ Bowser

With the over hitting tonight, I've won the Pick-em pool at work two weeks in a row.

An extra $300 in my pocket will make waking up for jury duty in 7 hours less miserable.

LJ11

Man OBJ is tempting. There's a part of me that feels WRs are overrated, see Perriman in MUT. He's 73 overall with a Beat Press of 83 and Route Running of 67, elusive/juke/spin all mediocre, and yet he's going for 40-60k because he has 97 speed and speed can wreck a game with the how nerfed it is in defenders.

But I have shit for WRs and can use a reliable target. I feel like when the big bad draft corners come in with ridiculous press, speed and man coverage it's going to be tough goings. Man that's a tempting worm to dangle...

On an unrelated note, anyone have a HDD they can recommend, 2TB. My Western Digital is slowly kicking the bucket.

TheLostBigBoss reminds me of the one year I played in a GAF NBA2k league. By the end of the second week I think I was the only person who still had their original starting 5 in tact.

People are freaking out for trading one defensive player for a better QB and me dropping a QB that had a 10 mil cap hit after getting the better QB.

Haters gonna hate!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man OBJ is tempting. There's a part of me that feels WRs are overrated, see Perriman in MUT. He's 73 overall with a Beat Press of 83 and Route Running of 67, elusive/juke/spin all mediocre, and yet he's going for 40-60k because he has 97 speed and speed can wreck a game with the how nerfed it is in defenders.

But I have shit for WRs and can use a reliable target. I feel like when the big bad draft corners come in with ridiculous press, speed and man coverage it's going to be tough goings. Man that's a tempting worm to dangle...

On an unrelated note, anyone have a HDD they can recommend, 2TB. My Western Digital is slowly kicking the bucket.

Bruh you would agree with me with some of the offers. The only thing that is giving me pause is that there is a clear difference between the WRs that go up and get the ball and those that don't. I haven't figured out the trigger/threshold just yet, but obviously its a particular level of both SPC and JMP. I think you had set up a whole team like this in Madden 13 or 12 when you cut everyone on the Bills and had like a whole rookie draft class that was insanely tall and Brandon Marshall-esque.

Passing in this game is too much RNG and I want to take all of the negatives out of the equation. OL has to hold up, pass has to be accurate, guy has to catch it. Why when I can just run? Or get a defensive player? Consider how few plays a WR affects for my playstyle versus a top tier interior lineman.

Well OBJ is 5'11, so I'm not picturing him towering and jumping over any defensive players to get up and get a ball

I think one factor is the hight of the WR, so I don't think you'll be seeing that type of thing from OBJ any time soon. Then again he does have 91 jumping, so maybe?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Well OBJ is 5'11, so I'm not picturing him towering and jumping over any defensive players to get up and get a ball

I think one factor is the hight of the WR, so I don't think you'll be seeing that type of thing from OBJ any time soon. Then again he does have 91 jumping, so maybe?

You're wrong dude. I'm not sure what the fuck happens but he steals passes all the time, it's crazy. FMT witnessed it first hand.

You're wrong dude. I'm not sure what the fuck happens but he steals passes all the time, it's crazy. FMT witnessed it first hand.

huh, well I'm sure Madden just goes, "oh it's the dude from the cover, he'll catch it" if that's the case

also have you considered the most recent offer I gave you with the o-line?

LJ11

Bruh you would agree with me with some of the offers. The only thing that is giving me pause is that there is a clear difference between the WRs that go up and get the ball and those that don't. I haven't figured out the trigger/threshold just yet, but obviously its a particular level of both SPC and JMP. I think you had set up a whole team like this in Madden 13 or 12 when you cut everyone on the Bills and had like a whole rookie draft class that was insanely tall and Brandon Marshall-esque.

Passing in this game is too much RNG and I want to take all of the negatives out of the equation. OL has to hold up, pass has to be accurate, guy has to catch it. Why when I can just run? Or get a defensive player? Consider how few plays a WR affects for my playstyle versus a top tier interior lineman.

I definitely did that, had giants that could go get it along with high elusiveness to break tackles, I won the SB with straight bums at WR. You know what you need better than anyone, and the pass game can be highly random so why rely on it. Fumbles seem to be down too, hit stick isn't OP, so run may be a better risk/reward. I'd pound the rock all day with Gurley, I want to, but my OL is awful on the right side so I'm a one trick pony, run Left.

He won't get up consistently but I bet he comes down with his share, I got Bailey spec catching at times, and he's trashy compared to OBJ. Depends on route, might not want to spec catch a straight streak but a Corner ball or out route, sure, do it.

Gg Pete. Kind of appropriate your game winning play was because of hurry up since that's how I came back down 27-7 to go up 27-28. I knew the middle of the field was gonna be open so I wanted to user safety but you called hike and I ended up with a dline man. Nice 56 yd FG. Risky. Couldn't believe I didn't get a safety at the end there.

Tannehill: 74.7 QBR, 14/30, 203 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
Stills: 4 rec, 126 yds, 2 TDs
Miller: 17 carries, 63 yds, 1 TD / 1 rec, -1 yd

Whitehurst: 111.4 QBR, 17/29, 281 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT / 1 rush, 11 yds, 1 TD, 1 fumble
Wright: 4 rec, 63 yds, 1 TD
Sankey: 10 carries, 38 yds, 0 TD

What happened to marriota?

Can you vance cb/phee?

Blue when can you play? I could technically play now but I have to wake up early as fuck so I prefer tomorrow

OBJ is 5'11" but his vert is over 38.5". Stills should've had 3 TDs but went out of bounds at the 1 after catching a beautiful 1 on 1 deep ball he went up for.

Smokey when can you play?

What happened to marriota?

Can you vance cb/phee?

Blue when can you play? I could technically play now but I have to wake up early as fuck so I prefer tomorrow

Tomorrow evening (Tuesday) is probably fine. I think late nights at work are done.

I don't feel like passing is RNG this year, but certain catch situations are definitely unbalanced in such a way as to highlight the new features. My only problem with passing is that lead passing is totally broken. And that wind over like 5mph can fuck things up in unrealistic ways. I guess it can RNG on throws once your confidence is shot but yeah.

And play action still sucks dick.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright. Lemme know if that changes. Tomorrow I have jury duty for the first time and Roger Waters The Wall is showing in theaters (for one night only!) so my availability will be null or just during the early afternoon or late night.
Hi bowser. Define late night?

How does Wednesday look?

BigAT

Did they ever make negotiating better in this? Do they still completely shut down negotiations potentially if you make a "bad" offer?

Did they ever make negotiating better in this? Do they still completely shut down negotiations potentially if you make a "bad" offer?

I had one person decline my first offer and then they would keep declining offers double the asking price.

He didn't shut down, he was still interested but I think you can only make one offer per week or something.

Or he's a cunt who is over-valuing how important he is, in that case off to FA where he will suffer a cruel fate

James-Franco-Confused-Look1.gif

Top Bottom