• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Cb, we should probably play our game. Or not. I don't care. Whatever. Let's play Dota instead.

This was my impression of cb scheduling his madden games.

Most of it was replacing depth with depth. The cbs I exchanged were basically better zone and worse man. I also got a wr since Simpson was out

Also tlbb:

Why did you sign flacco? Or does that message show when you trade too?

pretty sure that's just when we trade, I haven't touched him since the trade was made.

if you looked in the actual signed section of the trans. log he doesn't even show up, his cap hit is still 13 million

also FMT what's the general rule for putting a HB to WR position? That's fine right, just not WR/HB to TE slot?

The cheese gets cheesier.

You can't call cheese if one is asking before doing, that's not how it works!

uwrzsvF.gif

oh how far the mighty has fallen

pretty sure that's just when we trade, I haven't touched him since the trade was made.

if you looked in the actual signed section of the trans. log he doesn't even show up, his cap hit is still 13 million

also FMT what's the general rule for putting a HB to WR position? That's fine right, just not WR/HB to TE slot?

Dont

DJ Bowser

I've noticed the game will pull from your RBs to fill depth on 4 and 5 WR sets if your WRs are fatigued. Just mentioning it so people don't instantly assume cheese whenever it happens.

GG DCX, next time lets wait until I actually break a rule before we get all pissy ok? I been playing with you guys for a while now, I know what the rules are

I've noticed the game will pull from your RBs to fill depth on 4 and 5 WR sets if your WRs are fatigued. Just mentioning it so people don't instantly assume cheese whenever it happens.

You know this morning I was thinking about how Madden is really shitty about substituting and with more people running no huddle its hard to do things in the game like teams do in real life (especially in college) where they sub in and out entire position groups. The only guy I ever sub in/out on offense is my running back because thats a simple couple of flicks of the right stick. And on defense I swap my defensive line around the same way, I wish they had more options like subbing out line backers or something. Not cheesy shit, I just want to quickly be able to sit my dudes for a play or two when they're stupid tired.

I also thought about how offensive line injuries seem to be the most common injuries in real football but 0 offensive linemen ever get hurt in Madden. And I don't think defensive linemen ever do either.

This was all because I was thinking about how FMT signed "depth" but depth is almost pointless in Madden.

DCX

DCX
You know this morning I was thinking about how Madden is really shitty about substituting and with more people running no huddle its hard to do things in the game like teams do in real life (especially in college) where they sub in and out entire position groups. The only guy I ever sub in/out on offense is my running back because thats a simple couple of flicks of the right stick. And on defense I swap my defensive line around the same way, I wish they had more options like subbing out line backers or something. Not cheesy shit, I just want to quickly be able to sit my dudes for a play or two when they're stupid tired.

I also thought about how offensive line injuries seem to be the most common injuries in real football but 0 offensive linemen ever get hurt in Madden. And I don't think defensive linemen ever do either.

This was all because I was thinking about how FMT signed "depth" but depth is almost pointless in Madden.
Depth might not matter as much when it comes to subs but its huge when it comes to injuries.

Oline and Dline don't have many injuries but depth at the skill positions on offense and defense is important!

DCX

Smokey

There's nothing rule breaking about a fake punt or whatever. I will never forget what LJ did to me years ago in the playoffs. It still burns.

It's up to you to reasonably decide when a fake is possible, and you should adjust your coverage accordingly.

Ferny

Gg Pete. I suppose my beef is if you know the rules why even attempt/fake it but whatevs

DCX

Uhh there is no rule for that. I have done it before. It's a valid tactic to see if you can get the offside or maybe the defense is set as such that you can get the 4th down. If you can't, you call the TO and kick the punt.

DCX

DCX
Uhh there is no rule for that. I have done it before. It's a valid tactic to see if you can get the offside or maybe the defense is set as such that you can get the 4th down. If you can't, you call the TO and kick the punt.
Fourth down and 3 on his own 29 and up 13-0. Late third quarter.

Comes out in formation. Nothing about this is valid.

Doesn't matter, it all worked out anyways.

DCX

I'm not sure what happened here but I never take for granted that somebody might fake punt or run me. It's why I always control one of the guys standing up before the play.

Okay never mind I am apparently talking about something else.

eznark

Banned
Give how much more common penalties are (and that you bitches all accept them) I don't know why you wouldn't try to draw the offsides in that situation.

Give how much more common penalties are (and that you bitches all accept them) I don't know why you wouldn't try to draw the offsides in that situation.

Well the argument would be that irl no NFL player is going to jump offsides when they are being baited on their opponents 30

Now if the user fell for it and caused the offsides that's different, but if it's hopig the ai is stupid then I can see where dcx is coming from

DCX

DCX
Well the argument would be that irl no NFL player is going to jump offsides when they are being baited on their opponents 30

Now if the user fell for it and caused the offsides that's different, but if it's hopig the ai is stupid then I can see where dcx is coming from
Bingo.

DCX

eznark

Banned

Hoping the AI is stupid is the reason many people choose their formations and playbooks.

Likelihood of it happening in real life has nothing to do with it, or we'd be able to run no huddle all the time.

Nah I wasn't considering the AI at all. There's a fake snap mechanic in the game for a reason. It never got to that point because DCX paused it before I even got to the LOS to tell me to punt. I didn't break any rules and never actually intended on going for it.

I use different cbs in different formations and different dline in different formations

Gg Pete. I suppose my beef is if you know the rules why even attempt/fake it but whatevs

DCX

What rule was broken?

You've never seen a real falcons game? Remember this gem dcx

0HpUQes.gif

Top Bottom