• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

SickBoy

Got messed up at work due to this stupid hurricane Sickboy.

Headed home now should be home in 1 hr. Will you be around?

An hour! ;)

I'm in for the evening. Will try to check back in an hour. Sometime after 10 might be best for me... Like maybe 10:30 or so.

I'm pretty sure there is a way to make it a custom url that stays the same. I remember someone in the dota thread doing that.
I need to find this

Also we need hockey crew tonight it's playoff time. I'll be around on about an hour and a half though cause I gotta do some shit I should have taken care of earlier but decided that I wanted more sleep

I need to stop being on psn till 3 in the morning

rinse82

I need to find this

Also we need hockey crew tonight it's playoff time. I'll be around on about an hour and a half though cause I gotta do some shit I should have taken care of earlier but decided that I wanted more sleep

I need to stop being on psn till 3 in the morning

I'd play but haven't had much time with this year's game yet.

tusk has little penguins
pt9bcN7.gif
pt9bcN7.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i got techies in the individual challenge and the 10 hero challenge. trolling ass volvo

You're just being dense at this point.

Done talking about it after this post. Ill say it again: Hold. That. L.

I would like to apologize to pheeniks for the fire earlier. He was caught in the crossfire after DrizzLer made his whiny ass post and came at me sideways. I will properly direct the heat next time.

It's still fuk DrizzLer tho

I really am upset that my D was robbed of all those back pedaling INTs.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Sickboy. This game is very frustrating, I can't run and I haven't caught a single break since my game with FMT. It's also ridiculous how none of my defenders are ever in position to do anything but your guys on both picks made insane heads up play, particularly on the int by your safety. Way out of position but knew where the ball was going. Penalties of course all go against me, especially on that one crucial 3rd down near my own end zone. And of course I have Ingram caught from behind with a lineman on the screen as designed (Yes, I hot route a lineman to man up on RBs when I smell screens) but he breaks out of it and nearly goes for a TD. Complete bad luck all around, I just don't get it.

Most confusing is just not even being able to run at all. My OL is getting blow off of blocks by every DL in the league so far. It's pretty crazy, I have tried every type of run as well.

SickBoy

gg Welly.

I can't believe those penalties. I tend to accept all penalties (save the now-defunct offsides) because I like the randomness and I expect people to do the same to me. But I generally anticipate some sort of videogame-y makeup calls later in the game. Brutal.

Pretty ugly, defensive game. I got pretty lucky to break a few plays, plus those calls. That big screen in the fourth quarter could just have easily been a three-and-out, but for the broken tackle.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, just my connection for this game, or what... but the kicking meter felt, for the first time, like something a human being could use. I hit the first kickoff with full power. Couldn't believe it (never hit full power again, but didn't feel like I was fighting it the way I usually am).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
gg Welly.

I can't believe those penalties. I tend to accept all penalties (save the now-defunct offsides) because I like the randomness and I expect people to do the same to me. But I generally anticipate some sort of videogame-y makeup calls later in the game. Brutal.

Pretty ugly, defensive game. I got pretty lucky to break a few plays, plus those calls. That big screen in the fourth quarter could just have easily been a three-and-out, but for the broken tackle.

Also, I don't know if it's just me, just my connection for this game, or what... but the kicking meter felt, for the first time, like something a human being could use. I hit the first kickoff with full power. Couldn't believe it (never hit full power again, but didn't feel like I was fighting it the way I usually am).

I hope you didnt get mad but thats why I went for it on 4th down when I would have had a long FG. Worked out in your favor anyway

SickBoy

And of course I have Ingram caught from behind with a lineman on the screen as designed (Yes, I hot route a lineman to man up on RBs when I smell screens) but he breaks out of it and nearly goes for a TD.

Was wondering how that was working for you. I tend to chase screens manually, but there have been a bunch of times this season where I've already committed (either because the O-line delays or whatever) and I wind up behind the play. I'll have to give that a go.

I hope you didnt get mad but thats why I went for it on 4th down when I would have had a long FG. Worked out in your favor anyway

Nope, at that down, distance and field position I might have done the same thing.

EDIT: BTW, I'm in the same boat on the running game, I just assume it's because I'm using the Saints and Mark Ingram.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Was wondering how that was working for you. I tend to chase screens manually, but there have been a bunch of times this season where I've already committed (either because the O-line delays or whatever) and I wind up behind the play. I'll have to give that a go.

How about this, I have been doing one better. On plays where I know I will be blitzing and my opponents tendency is to run a screen, I do a formation sub for an LB to cover the RB.

I am still completely miffed on defense. My guys cannot stop the pass at all. It's fucking incredible how inept they are. I can't even remember the last time I forced a turnover.

Worst is that I can't even blitz as much as I want since the defenders just do not get to the ball. Even on non-play fakes they hit the RB, it's pretty ridiculous.

My brother just signed a deal with the San Francisco Giants. Assistant, Video Coaching Systems. Holy shit..... I wonder if they would give him a ring...

That's awesome. If I may ask what kind of path did he take to get there? (College degree, internships, etc)
Masters in Computer Sciences, FSU. Some kind of assistant student manager of the FSU baseball team (Buster Poseys college team). Some weird branch of Motorolla where they would just experiment with other company's new technology. Some local programming company near our hometown. SF Giants.

DJ Bowser

GG Cheeto. I tried to get away with too much shit that works on secondaries that aren't all in the 90's and paid a heavy price. First two drives I caught breaks, then everything seemed to fall your way until the comeback began.

That "fumble" in OT was garbage. I expected them to review and reverse that. You got screwed completely. Doesn't really feel like a win. Sorry, dude.

2 of them being for TD's!

Not to salt the wound, though.

I should've gone for it instead of kicking that FG. Oh well. It just felt like my offense constantly got screwed.

I wish there was a way to flip corners at the line of scrimmage. When Dez Bryant comes out in the slot it would be nice to make a change! I tried calling a time out but alas.

DJ Bowser

I wish there was a way to flip corners at the line of scrimmage. When Dez Bryant comes out in the slot it would be nice to make a change! I tried calling a time out but alas.

There really should be a way to have your best corner shadow the top WR.

You did have some really bad luck (Graham breaking a tackle to lose yards on 3rd down, WR dropping it on 3rd) most of my bad luck was errant Romo passes.

Like I said, you got screwed on that fumble in OT though. Should have been incomplete.

Edit: In my offline Career Mode franchise, the Raiders moved to Houston and are now the Gunners. Their stadium name is "Showdown Saloon Stadium". WTF, EA?

Bread

Banned
absolutely, a guy like Browner would be much more valuable if I could assign him to a player

Top Bottom