• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Greg

Find it hard to believe that anyone can have success with blitzing, but I guess when you have Clay Matthews it should be a little better than for me. I can't get anyone home, it fucking sucks. The guys have decent PRC and PUR and AWR but they just can't get there. Meanwhile DM was fucking killing me all night with LaVonte David and his other LB whoever that dude was.

To further that, running the ball is non-existant this year. I made some changes along my OL that should have helped and I was getting killed even more. 16 carries for 23 yards!!! My idiot fullback, tight ends, and pulling guards keep trying to go second level when I need help on the first.
yeah, I don't have much luck with blitzes on passing situations - playing coverage and baiting a route is about all I hope for

I thought the run game wasn't bad until Gerhart gets subbed in and I realize Denard makes my line/blocking look better than it is

good d-lines still overpowered

gravestorm

Neo Member
I'm at 270, struggling to get past that. Nightz, CB and I did that arena thing last night which was a blast...but a complete waste of time.

Got a 190 yellow though. WHOOOOOOOPIE

Did you get any strange coins? The night was not a waste if you did.

LukeSmith

Find it hard to believe that anyone can have success with blitzing, but I guess when you have Clay Matthews it should be a little better than for me. I can't get anyone home, it fucking sucks. The guys have decent PRC and PUR and AWR but they just can't get there. Meanwhile DM was fucking killing me all night with LaVonte David and his other LB whoever that dude was.

To further that, running the ball is non-existant this year. I made some changes along my OL that should have helped and I was getting killed even more. 16 carries for 23 yards!!! My idiot fullback, tight ends, and pulling guards keep trying to go second level when I need help on the first.

run blocking seems historically bad this year

BigAT

Don't watch AT play, his run blocking creates three yard wide holes that Bell just prances through for 10+ yard gains every other play.

It makes me cry

That game yesterday was a bit of an exception. My line has been decent this year, but it is never as absurd as it was against Soka.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Eagles -5 against Saints?

What the fuck have we done in 4 weeks to be favored by anything more than the 3 home points against anyone.

Purple Cheeto's mid season random stats awards:

The Alex Smith noodliest arm award: Tyrod Taylor 7.1 yards per attempt on 188 attempts

The "Are you sure you're not color blind?" award to Eli Manning and his 1:3 TD to INT ratio

The "Maybe you should just hand it off award" to Derek Carr 46.7% completion and 1:2.4 TD to INT ratio.

The Leroy Hoard award to Frank Gore for his 2.7 yards per carry on 105 attempts

The "His kids wish they were this untouchable" award to Adrian Peterson for his 5.3 ypc (most among players with 100+ carries)

The Touchdown Vulture award to Lance Dunbar for his 3 carries, 10 yards and 2 TDs

The "He is the offense" award to Julio Jones who has caught 38% of Matt Ryan's completions and accounted for 58% of Matt Ryan's passing yards. For comparison Gronkowski has caught 31% of Brady's completions and ODB has caught 38.1% of Eli's passes.

Only two teams in the league are currently rushing for more than 100 yards per game, with the Vikings being a ridiculous 34 yards better than the next closes team. 9 teams are passing for over 200 yards a game. Two of the top 3 offenses in the league are rushing for less than 60 yards a game.

3 teams are allowing less than 50 yards a game on the ground. 5 are allowing over 100.

8 teams are allowing over 200 yards per game passing. 3 are allowing under 150.

3 teams have racked up over 200 yards in penalties. The 49ers have some how only had 30 yards in penalties.

9 of the 32 teams currently have 2 wins. 4 more have 3. The remaining 19 teams are .500 or better.

The Bills have the best point differential in the league at +103.

Cleveland, Miami, San Diego, Cincinatti and Seattle all have .500 or better records despite negative point differentials.

The New York Football Giants have the league's worst point differential at -88.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team in the league without a win at home.

The Patriots are 4-1 at home and 0-3 on the road. The St Louis Rams are 1-3 at home and 3-0 on the road.

6 teams have 0 road wins.

If the playoffs started today:

AFC
Houston vs KC
Denver vs Cleveland

NFC
SF vs PHI
CHI vs CAR

Purple Cheeto's mid season random stats awards:

The Alex Smith noodliest arm award: Tyrod Taylor 7.1 yards per attempt on 188 attempts

The "Are you sure you're not color blind?" award to Eli Manning and his 1:3 TD to INT ratio

The "Maybe you should just hand it off award" to Derek Carr 46.7% completion and 1:2.4 TD to INT ratio.

The Leroy Hoard award to Frank Gore for his 2.7 yards per carry on 105 attempts

The "His kids wish they were this untouchable" award to Adrian Peterson for his 5.3 ypc (most among players with 100+ carries)

The Touchdown Vulture award to Lance Dunbar for his 3 carries, 10 yards and 2 TDs

The "He is the offense" award to Julio Jones who has caught 38% of Matt Ryan's completions and accounted for 58% of Matt Ryan's passing yards. For comparison Gronkowski has caught 31% of Brady's completions and ODB has caught 38.1% of Eli's passes.

Only two teams in the league are currently rushing for more than 100 yards per game, with the Vikings being a ridiculous 34 yards better than the next closes team. 9 teams are passing for over 200 yards a game. Two of the top 3 offenses in the league are rushing for less than 60 yards a game.

3 teams are allowing less than 50 yards a game on the ground. 5 are allowing over 100.

8 teams are allowing over 200 yards per game passing. 3 are allowing under 150.

3 teams have racked up over 200 yards in penalties. The 49ers have some how only had 30 yards in penalties.

9 of the 32 teams currently have 2 wins. 4 more have 3. The remaining 19 teams are .500 or better.

The Bills have the best point differential in the league at +103.

Cleveland, Miami, San Diego, Cincinatti and Seattle all have .500 or better records despite negative point differentials.

The New York Football Giants have the league's worst point differential at -88.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team in the league without a win at home.

The Patriots are 4-1 at home and 0-3 on the road. The St Louis Rams are 1-3 at home and 3-0 on the road.

6 teams have 0 road wins.

If the playoffs started today:

AFC
Houston vs KC
Denver vs Cleveland

NFC
SF vs PHI
CHI vs CAR

My team plays clean is why!

Sokantish

Anyone else have trouble with pinching the line? In my game against AT I tried to do it on multiple plays but it only did it once and it was way late. Is it just the formation I'm in or something?

DJ Bowser

Anyone else have trouble with pinching the line? In my game against AT I tried to do it on multiple plays but it only did it once and it was way late. Is it just the formation I'm in or something?
It doesn't work sometimes but if you adjust coverage at all, the line won't adjust for whatever reason.

BigAT

It might be because I think you were running a lot of nickel out of a 3-4 defense playbook. That formation is actually 2-4-5, so you only have two actual defensive linemen to pinch, not four.

brentech

It might be because I think you were running a lot of nickel out of a 3-4 defense playbook. That formation is actually 2-4-5, so you only have two actual defensive linemen to pinch, not four.

Don't know if that was the case, but definitely my first thought reading it.

as AT said, if you are playing a 2-4-5 and want to pinch the entire line, then you need to pinch both L1 (DL) and R1 (LB). because the ends in the 2-4-5 are technically LB's, they will only obey commands for LB's!

the problem with doing that is you will also pinch your lb's who are in the secondary area.... so you may put them in a bad spot depending on where the run/pass goes by pinching them so much to the middle

i was taking a look at some of the running stats and its pretty bad across the board this year. there are a couple teams with decent averages, but the majority of the league is having a really tough time running.

i don't mind to look at possibly adjusting some of the run blocking sliders a bit provided everyone feels the same way but im also not a fan of adjusting things mid-season. i didn't really have an issue for myself and jjust figured i suck at running because my O-line is shit but it looks like lots of people are having troubles.

what do you guys think?

I'm ok with keeping the running game the same, mainly because i've seen what some running backs look like now (Charles, Bell, AP, Lynch, Forte) and can't imagine seeing what they would look like if we move the goalpost to make the rest of the field better.

but I'm biased cause I'm using Forte and I'm fine with the current settings

i was taking a look at some of the running stats and its pretty bad across the board this year. there are a couple teams with decent averages, but the majority of the league is having a really tough time running.

i don't mind to look at possibly adjusting some of the run blocking sliders a bit provided everyone feels the same way but im also not a fan of adjusting things mid-season. i didn't really have an issue for myself and jjust figured i suck at running because my O-line is shit but it looks like lots of people are having troubles.

what do you guys think?

I wouldn't mind Charles being even better

You should do it before the advance so I can run for over 200 yards against Jabee again!

DCX

DCX

what do you guys think?
Should be looked into.

I'm not in favor of a mid season move. Season 2 seems like the perfect time to implement and test in preseason.

DCX

Sokantish

Thank you, I need to stop using ask madden apparently!

what do you guys think?
I want to be able to run :( As you can see from the awards I should NOT be throwing. But I can not gain any yards rushing! The raiders oline is supposedly the one decent part of the team.

I think what should do is just adjust the blocking on my team because I should be better but I don't want other people to improve

i have never used ask madden. i'm not sure why anyone would do that unless you feel you are becoming too predictable and want to explore the playbook

p.s.

i script my first 10 plays every game. i have a few laminated play sheets that i change up every game

BigAT

Anyone else feel like there is too much PA? Maybe it's just GB's book, but I feel like half the time I pick a formation and then have a difficult time finding a pass that ISN'T play action.

Anyone else feel like there is too much PA? Maybe it's just GB's book, but I feel like half the time I pick a formation and then have a difficult time finding a pass that ISN'T play action.

try a different playbook. niners pb is pretty good and has tons of non PA passes that are good. they actually added 4 gun formations to this years niners playbook which are great. but they have strangely taken away a handful of plays that i liked last year

Top Bottom