• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

Gg CB. You exploited cover 1 with a streak every time it felt like. The one on third and twenty really hurt, dunno how the blitz isn't there by then. I threw too many picks. Same dumb pick again and again to the MLB. You completely shut down Miller. Really, you dominated both lines it felt like. Was a close game until it wasn't. That 55 yd FG I was just short on was 80% power at best...

Tannehill: 48.9 QBR, 14/26, 179 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT
Parker: 4 rec, 56 yds
Miller: 9 carries, 15 yds / 2 rec, 7 yds

Bradford: 147.9 QBR, 13/20, 286 yds, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
Matthews: 3 rec, 68 yds, 1 TD
Murray: 15 carries, 62 yds / 3 rec, 82 yds, 1 TD

eagles WR's are too fast to run consistent man coverage with no help over the top. you're playing with fire when you do that

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gg CB. You exploited cover 1 with a streak every time it felt like. The one on third and twenty really hurt, dunno how the blitz isn't there by then. I threw too many picks. Same dumb pick again and again to the MLB. You completely shut down Miller. Really, you dominated both lines it felt like. Was a close game until it wasn't. That 55 yd FG I was just short on was 80% power at best...

0% chance I even attempt a 55 yarder

Well when you're calling Cover 1 on 3rd and 15 good things usually don't happen

McNei1y

Just a reminder I'm gone from today until Sunday for a work trip. I might be back earlier but that's TBD. Sorry mates.

Also Mr. McNeily is on a roll in hockey.

McNei1y

Mr. McNeily ignores my party invites

If that happens that means I'm at my rents for the night and am usually drinking and talking with my brothers. Nothing against you. Just that I don't know how to mute my makeshift mic and I don't want all of our side convos annoying y'all. I need to find my ps4 mic.

LJ11

The only thing keeping him interesting in the series.

The only thing!

LOL, it's kind of true.

I don't want to bring the thread down with my negativity, but this fucking game sucks. Love playing in the league, but I'm looking at how my team is progressing and shrugging my shoulders. It's mission impossible to get any kind of XP to build my team up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

Just a frustrating game to play. Was playing some Draft Champions last night, and I lost to one guy because the animation didn't put me into the endzone on a run. I was better than this guy, he was dropping 9 into coverage I fucking threw for 350+ yards with Garrapolo, and I didn't get the W because of aggressive catch and animations.

Another guy would just throw up high all game to Floyd and Jackson. They've taken the skill out of this game, you can't defend certain areas of the field, and the vision cone defenders have is busted. I understand that they want defenders to play what's in front of them but I can get a deep CB to sit on a curl and throw behind him all game long. Mills/Pin concepts work in the NFL, they're great, but when they work 100% of the time in a game it's just not fun.

LOL, it's kind of true.

I don't want to bring the thread down with my negativity, but this fucking game sucks. Love playing in the league, but I'm looking at how my team is progressing and shrugging my shoulders. It's mission impossible to get any kind of XP to build my team up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

nope, it's really fucking dumb

this franchise going to last 2-3 seasons max

LOL, it's kind of true.

Just a frustrating game to play. Was playing some Draft Champions last night, and I lost to one guy because the animation didn't put me into the endzone on a run. I was better than this guy, he was dropping 9 into coverage I fucking threw for 350+ yards with Garrapolo, and I didn't get the W because of aggressive catch and animations.

Another guy would just throw up high all game to Floyd and Jackson. They've taken the skill out of this game, you can't defend certain areas of the field, and the vision cone defenders have is busted. I understand that they want defenders to play what's in front of them but I can get a deep CB to sit on a curl and throw behind him all game long. Mills/Pin concepts work in the NFL, they're great, but when they work 100% of the time in a game it's just not fun.

There are problems with the game, as all sports games, but MUT and DC are bottom of the barrel trash. Not sure why people play this modes

LJ11

There are problems with the game, as all sports games, but MUT and DC are bottom of the barrel trash. Not sure why people play this modes

I've played 1 human opponent that last 4 weeks of our league, if I want to get some play time against another human there's very little choice.

Greg

outside of the passing inconsistencies, I'm really enjoying the game this year

catching buttons make up for lack of player awareness, movement with the ball much more natural, less getting stuck on players and locked into an animation, less warp tackle bullshit, actually able to complete (and overthrow) deep throws

Somnia

And running is garbage

Ya I had more success running the ball in our game than my time with Trasher (not including the long run you got mad at me for), but even then it was horrible. Last night I had 19 carries for like 40 yards or some crap, I felt like I couldn't get anything to open up and sometimes I had big pockets and out of no where some defender flew over.

I noticed the same thing against Trasher, he threw a screen pass, my defender was locked up that I was controlling, I hit x to try to break out of the lock but instead it zoomed my defender like a yard over to his runner and tackled him. I felt like I unlocked a warp cheat code or something.

Though to be fair I'm coming off like a 2 year madden break and have only played 2 games of Madden 16, so maybe I'll get use to it.

eznark

Banned
Ya I had more success running the ball in our game than my tame with Trasher (not including the long run you got mad at me for), but even then it was horrible. Last night I had 19 carries for like 40 yards or some crap, I felt like I couldn't get anything to open up and sometimes I had big pockets and out of no where some defender flew over.

I noticed the same thing against Trasher, he threw a screen pass, my defender was locked up that I was controlling, I hit x to try to break out of the lock but instead it zoomed my defender like a yard over to his runner and tackled him. I felt like I unlocked a warp cheat code or something.

Though to be fair I'm coming off like a 2 year madden break and have only played 2 games of Madden 16, so maybe I'll get use to it.

They expanded that warp shit last year. It's awful.

Save us Beyond the Sidelines!

Somnia

Trade me erron after he has an incompletion you deem unrealistic in BTS!

<3 Rodgers. I did throw 4 picks last night, but they were stupid passes by me and one really good INT by Trasher.

In two games I'm 29/49, 542 yards, 6TD/6INT. I expected high INT's for being away so long, but hey I'm happy overall with that.

eznark

Banned
<3 Rodgers. I did throw 4 picks last night, but they were stupid passes by me and one really good INT by Trasher.

In two games I'm 29/49, 542 yards, 4TD/5INT. I expected high INT's for being away so long, but hey I'm happy overall with that.

Sub 60% completion rate. Broken game.

I'm kinda mixed with this game so far.

The passing is different, but the amount of drops this year is fucking insane. Like, cool you've introduced new catching system, but the fact that some of my receivers don't know the possession catch function means that an open catch is instantly turned into a drop because someone touched his elbow.

Honestly you might as well just be slamming X every time a throw is made, cause unless you have a top 4 WR that ball is probably going to the ground if anyone is within the vicinity

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm kinda mixed with this game so far.

The passing is different, but the amount of drops this year is fucking insane. Like, cool you've introduced new catching system, but the fact that some of my receivers don't know the possession catch function means that an open catch is instantly turned into a drop because someone touched his elbow.

Honestly you might as well just be slamming X every time a throw is made, cause unless you have a top 4 WR that ball is probably going to the ground if anyone is within the vicinity

Ive not had these issues and i dont have anything close to a top WR

LukeSmith

I'm garbage at the game this year, the running game feels off - but I'm the Colts and FMT is faster than Frank Gore, so it could just be that. Could also be what LJ suggests and I haven't found the not terrible plays yet, too.

Team ends up playing a 3-4, which I'm not used to and am terrible at that as well and like Wellington I can't generate any pressure this year either.

League is fun and I enjoy the games in the hour I'm playing them. But I'm just bad, now.

I think a lot of you guys see drops that are actually supposed to be passes defended

Like after playing some people and them talking about drops I'm thinking well you did that throw that shit into tight coverage and his man was all over him. What happened should have happened

And I haven't noticed that many issues with running, in fact I am part of the party that wishes I could stop the fucking run!

And I can run fine too it just depends on how well I'm reading the defense and if I hit the right hole. I still maintain counters are fucked!

I think a lot of you guys see drops that are actually supposed to be passes defended

Like after playing some people and them talking about drops I'm thinking well you did that throw that shit into tight coverage and his man was all over him. What happened should have happened

And I haven't noticed that many issues with running, in fact I am part of the party that wishes I could stop the fucking run!

And I can run fine too it just depends on how well I'm reading the defense and if I hit the right hole. I still maintain counters are fucked!

Well yea, none of my WR's ever get much separation, that's also a major issue I've been facing. if someone does get seperation and they are running anywhere between the hash marks any decent user MLB is going to shadow them in front, and the range of user picks is so big that it's a huge danger zone to try to throw around a user MLB that it's almost not worth it.

brentech

Can't say i've had any issue with drops, just terrible throws, but that's not happened every game.
Same with running, some games I can run with relative ease, other games I can't get it going at all, but have to mix in runs to keep it honest.

LJ11

Phee and I are on the same page, agree with post. Counters are fucked because they were OP last year, so in typical EA fashion they break it the following year.

Exactly how I feel lol

DCX

I've played too much, so I'm worn out a bit but honestly, it's the D, and I probably have less issues when I'm actually playing a league member. I can't stand when I'm playing the flats and my defender is 5 yards away. I shade, I do whatever I can, but he still doesn't play the flats.

Can't say i've had any issue with drops, just terrible throws, but that's not happened every game.
Same with running, some games I can run with relative ease, other games I can't get it going at all, but have to mix in runs to keep it honest.

Crowell looked like Jim Brown against me :(

Phee and I are on the same page, agree with post. Counters are fucked because they were OP last year, so in typical EA fashion they break it the following year.

I've played too much, so I'm worn out a bit but honestly, it's the D, and I probably have less issues when I'm actually playing a league member. I can't stand when I'm playing the flats and my defender is 5 yards away. I shade, I do whatever I can, but he still doesn't play the flats.

I played like 10 MUT/DC games and if that is how this league was I would close up shop. Fucking brutally bad and no fun to play at all.

Top Bottom