• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

cdyhybrid

I've only played MGS1 and that pseudo-sequel that was basically just a bunch of mission scenarios in what seemed like a virtual reality setting.

Smokey

Yea, I'm a little disappointed with that.

However, remember how much story was in codec in the past games, the tapes are basically codec conversation that can be listened too in real time.

Yeah in real time while you're trying to sneak around or when Miller is talking in your ear. You're basically going to be sitting still some where listening to them or not paying attention due to what's happening in the game.

Yeah in real time while you're trying to sneak around or when Miller is talking in your ear. You're basically going to be sitting still some where listening to them or not paying attention due to what's happening in the game.

you can listen to them while getting from point A to B on the map, in the chopper, running around Mother Base...

Smokey my friend you are too negative!

Super disappointed in what I'm reading about MGS V. Yeah the reviews are good but things like story being hidden in cassette tapes, secret ending that you have to replay missions on a harder difficulty to obtain, severe pacing issues, OPEN WORLD. OW was known but still every other AAA game is fucking open world. Plague of the industry.

RIP MGS
RIP Kojima

and yet you will buy piece of shit blops 3. shameful

Smokey

Just about every pass in MUT is a deep shot with aggressive catch

e: motherfuckers cut my early access in the middle of game talkin about "Time's Up"

does that work, or it's just people doing it, because game is trash if it works

sometimes it works. yes, if you chuck up a bomb to calvin johnson and he has one on one coverage guess whats most likely going to happen? i've had a few plays where some lesser WR comes down with the ball but so far i dont have many complaints on the new catching system.

one thing that hasn't been talked about as much is the "RAC" catch button, which is great on some of the shorter/crossing routes because your guy will catch in stride and turn up field automatically rather than stop and have an awkward turn

I played all of the first one and about 4 hours of the fourth one. It was clunky shit.

MGS3 is the best

MGS3 is the only good game in the series, and only the one where they fixed the camera control.

Kojima is a hack and the industry is better without him.

Smokey

So I started Ground Zeroes on a whim on X1...and...I'm already done

that was it? wow. i heard it was short but lol

It did kind of get my hype back a little for MGS V tho

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
As a fan(i guess?) of metal gear games, i can look at them and understand why people wouldnt like them. Its definitely not a series i would think people are crazy for not being psyched about.

Metal Gear Rising is a different story. Top 5 game of last gen.

Smokey

Are you guys buying Madden digitally?

Trying to figure out my Ultimate Team approach. Already got the Deluxe Edition that comes with some packs. May do a $50 PSN card or something with a few GCU certificates I've stacked up for some more packs.

Trying to figure out my Ultimate Team approach. Already got the Deluxe Edition that comes with some packs. May do a $50 PSN card or something with a few GCU certificates I've stacked up for some more packs.

No. GCU discount + $10 coupon. Then another $10 coupon for Mgs means I'll get NHL for about $25

Ferny

Got the deluxe one for $55 + $10 bby coupon. BASED BEST BUY GODS

I finally started playing Bravely Default I'm on the last chapter but fuck this game became straight garbage in the 2nd half. I don't even know if I want to beat this shit. Why the fuck do I have to do the same 4 dungeons 5 fucking times?!

First hating Draft Champions and now this.

You really are the worst.

Nothing about this post is true

Maybe MGS2 is good, I admit I only watched someone play the demo that came with ZoE cause I didn't give a shit about MGS.

Maybe Kojima is smarter than I give him credit for and making the narrative increasingly worse in MGS was his way of getting out from under the franchise so he could pursue his true passion of posting on Twitter about his favorite Morrissey albums.

Sokantish

I finally started playing Bravely Default I'm on the last chapter but fuck this game became straight garbage in the 2nd half. I don't even know if I want to beat this shit. Why the fuck do I have to do the same 4 dungeons 5 fucking times?!
Yeah, I dunno what they were thinking with those last few chapters

TheCrow

Of course they announce larger yarn yoshi amiibos after I get two of the regular size ones. Guess it's time to give even more money to Nintendo.

brentech

I wrapped up the story in Witcher 3 finally yesterday. Think I've done all I care to in that. Think I will probably get rid of The Show as well. I have started playing it again lately, but just too much coming out soon.
Madden takes up a lot of that time, and I think I'll probably get Fifa again this year. Already have Battlefront ordered on PC.

I do love what digital games have done for consoles. So quick and easy, but it is nice to sell off these yearly games. I do always end up wishing my disc games were digital in the time I'm playing them though.

Smokey

I wrapped up the story in Witcher 3 finally yesterday. Think I've done all I care to in that. Think I will probably get rid of The Show as well. I have started playing it again lately, but just too much coming out soon.
Madden takes up a lot of that time, and I think I'll probably get Fifa again this year. Already have Battlefront ordered on PC.

I do love what digital games have done for consoles. So quick and easy, but it is nice to sell off these yearly games. I do always end up wishing my disc games were digital in the time I'm playing them though.

Think I'm over these huge open world check point games or maybe SP games in general.

:l

TheCrow

Think I'm over these huge open world check point games or maybe SP games in general.

:l
Usually only one or two games of that type interest me enough to actually do "everything". So far it's only been the witcher. Instead I just go through the critical path and call it a day.

TheCrow

I've been waiting for these huge open world games ever sense I was a kid.

Shit like Zomboid, DayZ, MGSV all rock my socks off!

also rip stock market
Eh, I'm not sure I'd consider zomboid and dayz like most mainstream open world games. At least not in the same vein as a witcher or skyrm. They feel more like sandbox games where the interaction with various mechanics are the main attraction. Vs having defined set pieces or encounters like in witcher. I guess some of them blue the line. Games like far cry kinda offer both.

Eh, I'm not sure I'd consider zomboid and dayz open world games. At least not in the same vein as a witcher or skyrm. They feel more like sandbox games where the interaction with various mechanics are the main attraction. Vs having defined set pieces or encounters like in witcher. I guess some of them blue the line. Games like far cry kinda offer both.

Yea, I should have said sandbox. MGSV seems to be more of a sandbox in nature, and Zomboid is just pure sandbox with so much potential as they keep on adding features and maps

Stuff like Far Cry never interested me, I got tired of those type of open world games near the tail end of Far Cry 2 era. The Ubisoft formula has infested the market and everything plays the same these days.

eznark

Banned

I am saving The Witcher to play as my first game with the Steam controller and Steam link thing. Dunno why, just seems like a good test of that hardware.

I played that fishing game again last night. Pretty good!!

TheCrow

Yea, I should have said sandbox. MGSV seems to be more of a sandbox in nature, and Zomboid is just pure sandbox with so much potential as they keep on adding features and maps

Stuff like Far Cry never interested me, I got tired of those type of open world games near the tail end of Far Cry 2 era
Same here. Except I usually make an exception for far cry every other release. It never gets old seeing an eagle fly away with a boar.

It might be time I check out zomboid again. It's been a while since I last played it. I'm just glad I no longer need to use desura. Lol

Same here. Except I usually make an exception for far cry every other release. It never gets old seeing an eagle fly away with a boar.

It might be time I check out zomboid again. It's been a while since I last played it. I'm just glad I no longer need to use desura. Lol

When was the last time you played zomboid?

brentech

I am looking forward to Just Cause 3.
JC2 had just enough flexibility in the mechanics that you could do some crazy shit, and they've run away with that idea for 3. Should be good.

eznark

Banned
Games like the sandbox survival games, huge open worlds, and Bravely Default make me glad I'm not an OCD nut job like seemingly 99% of the gaming population is. I have no problem jumping into a game for a few hours, enjoying it, then never picking it up again.

Do I really give a shit if generic pre-teen sexed-up protagonist in Bravely restores the 4 crystals or whatever? Do I particularly care if generic ethnically ambiguous protagonist in FC4 saves his jungle? Will my life be measurably different if batman does more than 15 hours of batman things? Nope! Play til I'm bored then move on. Stories in video games are universally complete and utter garbage unless they are written in Poland.

Top Bottom