• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '16 PS4 Online league thread: DOTA says

TheCrow

Games like the sandbox survival games, huge open worlds, and Bravely Default make me glad I'm not an OCD nut job like seemingly 99% of the gaming population is. I have no problem jumping into a game for a few hours, enjoying it, then never picking it up again.

Do I really give a shit if generic pre-teen sexed-up protagonist in Bravely restores the 4 crystals or whatever? Do I particularly care if generic ethnically ambiguous protagonist in FC4 saves his jungle? Will my life be measurably different if batman does more than 15 hours of batman things? Nope! Play til I'm bored then move on. Stories in video games are universally complete and utter garbage unless they are written in Poland.
sandbox survival games are the best to just jump in for a quick play through. Usually i just play one life and then put the game away for a couple weeks.

Games like the sandbox survival games, huge open worlds, and Bravely Default make me glad I'm not an OCD nut job like seemingly 99% of the gaming population is. I have no problem jumping into a game for a few hours, enjoying it, then never picking it up again.

Do I really give a shit if generic pre-teen sexed-up protagonist in Bravely restores the 4 crystals or whatever? Do I particularly care if generic ethnically ambiguous protagonist in FC4 saves his jungle? Will my life be measurably different if batman does more than 15 hours of batman things? Nope! Play til I'm bored then move on. Stories in video games are universally complete and utter garbage unless they are written in Poland.

I am exactly the same way. Play a game until I'm bored, and never touch it again. The nice thing with ubisoft games is if you skip the optional stuff, the game only ends up being like 5 hours.

eznark

Banned
I am exactly the same way. Play a game until I'm bored, and never touch it again. The nice thing with ubisoft games is if you skip the optional stuff, the game only ends up being like 5 hours.

Yeah but it also ends up being awful because the main quests are always the worst.

Right now I think my game of the year might be Kings Quest.

TheCrow

At this point I might play one ubisoft game a year and consider that playing all of them. This year it was mordor.

eznark

Banned
Clement Ivanov @CLEMENTINATOR
People who run themselves into towers and feed couriers at the start of the game should get punished way harder than you think, Valve.

Is he asking Valve to ban EE?

Think I'm over these huge open world check point games or maybe SP games in general.

:l
I officially am. I got the Witcher 3, and so far all I have done three times in that game is the very beginning where you go yell at some kid for training like a bitch, I made it to the combat tutorial once, and every time I think "I'll do this again when I'm not as tired" and then I never load it up again.

Hell I got GTA V again on ps4 after completely neglecting it on PS3 thinking "the better graphics will draw me in!" And I've played even less of that than I did on my PS3.

I'm not sure when I completely lost interest in this stuff but it's probably because I really only like playing team up sports games now and the occasional first party Nintendo title. Also I spent time last night defending Nba live in a thread. What has gotten into me.

On top of that I think I now require ten hours in bed to feel refreshed the next morning @.@

brentech

sandbox survival games are the best to just jump in for a quick play through. Usually i just play one life and then put the game away for a couple weeks.
Every now and then, I'll load up dayz and see what's new while screwing around for a few hours and trying to snipe people.
Probably do that soon. It's been quite a while since my play.

TheCrow

I am looking forward to Just Cause 3.
JC2 had just enough flexibility in the mechanics that you could do some crazy shit, and they've run away with that idea for 3. Should be good.
I think I might finally buy a Just Cause game. I played way too much of that Just Cause 2 demo. So much that I felt I got what needed out of just the demo.
that was like two years ago.

oh man dude, you're in for a treat
I can imagine. I should probably look it up but did they ever add NPC survivors. Well besides the guy in the tutorial.

I think I might finally buy a Just Cause game. I played way too much of that Just Cause 2 demo. So much that I felt I got what needed out of just the demo.

I can imagine. I should probably look it up but did they ever add NPC survivors. Well besides the guy in the tutorial.

Not yet, they've basically been re-writing the AI for a while now to make them realistic and each have personalities and such.

That's going to be the biggest change, but they recently added electricrian craft, so people can find generators for their bases, make pipe bombs, noise bombs, motion detectors.

It's going to get pretty insane when they finalize all the traits, having big servers with people doing specific tasks is going to be the big end game.

LMFAO with the show, when you access the website to sell cards now, you have to click a box that says "I'm not a robot" before you sell stuff. I guess the abuse went THAT far

Felix down to a 93 now. Hope you sold that bum, Crimson

gravestorm

Neo Member

This is actually how I play games. I find this perfectly acceptable.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Did anyone order madden on amazon? Its showing me a thursday delivery date instead of the release date delivery on tuesday.

Im gonna have to bitch at some CS rep that only barely speaks english, i guess.

Did anyone order madden on amazon? Its showing me a thursday delivery date instead of the release date delivery on tuesday.

"You would surely take 60 dollars of game credit for a Thursday delivery wouldn't you?"
-Satnam G.

rinse82

Does Amazon typically deliver by release date?

I'm in Canada, but I've found that typically for non-Prime, it always gets to me 2-3 days after release date.

Hey I noticed Super Mega Baseball is on PC now, did any of you guys get it on PS4?

It says Tuesday the 25th on mine.

Yeah I hop into GTAV or Just Cause like once or twice a year, play for a few hours until the formula gets stale and move on. I don't generally force myself to keep playing games I don't like (except Madden and DotA) because there's always something else to play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuckers. This is like the third issue ive had with amazon in a week. Its the more the principal than anything else. Im fine having another madden free dota day before it all falls apart.

eznark

Banned
Mine shipped Sunday, will be here tomorrow. Might not get to it til Wednesday. By then I am assuming we'll all have returned it due to the catching idiocy.

Fuckers. This is like the third issue ive had with amazon in a week. Its the more the principal than anything else. Im fine having another madden free dota day before it all falls apart.

Should've taken me up on my offer to get you a free copy from best buy!

Greg

Greg! Have you sold that 1 year PS+ code that you had up in the b/s/t thread?
son of a... I finally conceded this morning and pre-ordered Madden and used the code because no one bit

I had it in that thread for 2 days, and even posted about it here first a few days ago - sorry man!

Nightz

son of a... I finally conceded this morning and pre-ordered Madden and used the code because no one bit

I had it in that thread for 2 days, and even posted about it here first a few days ago - sorry man!

Yeah I haven't been on GAF much because of the wedding that I went to and hanging out with family. Didn't see your post until this morning. No worries!

Madden is done downloading and I just got my free dominoes pizza code!

LMFAO with the show, when you access the website to sell cards now, you have to click a box that says "I'm not a robot" before you sell stuff. I guess the abuse went THAT far

Felix down to a 93 now. Hope you sold that bum, Crimson

Fuck I forgot to sell that scrub!

Does that mean we are going to play Madden tonight?

I'll play you soka!

Top Bottom